10+ Year Old Account

personal concerns for MALE Blood elves.(reposted from wow serverbtw)

So I know the models are well underway in development, and everyone seems to mostly be focused on the female Blood elves. But I rock a lot of male Elves and after being on the ptr for a bit I have a few concerns that I hope will be addressed before this expansion is over.

1: The run- Compared to the old, current model, the run isn't really that great, they look as if they have been given the stick up their rear now. Don't get me wrong, they do look a lot more fluid, but they've gone from a real jogging like pace to running like the old model night elf.

2: the talking animation- Again, happy my model is getting a better fluid talking rig, but they make this overly large , I'm guessing smug, speech. it looks really really odd and should probably be toned down. Also while on this subject, I do still kind of miss the normal slightly nonchalant face when they talk, again like is on live.

Finally the last concern is one that I have said before. and that's the fighting animations.
    2h- First off I don't know what the goal is for their stance, but I have always thought it was meant to be the average anime style, where their right hand is on the bottom and the their left is on top. In-game and even on ptr it is the reverse and gives this very very strange and uncomfortable looking stance.

1h- honestly it's not much of a concern as it is a wish. But I wish they didn't slant so much and were up a bit more straighter is all.

I understand if these are not as big concerns as others but these are simply my wishes and I hope they are addressed eventually.

Again this was a repost i wrote on the wow forums U.S, but it'll be buried in like 10mins anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok..I see people are looking, no comments or disagreements here?

1 - Most of the new models got run animations which are way too bouncy. The community backlash showed this is not what the majority wants. I for one agree and like the Blood Elf run. Did you really want them to run like male Night Elves on live?

2. The large mouths when talking are the art direction they are going with. Can't say I like it that much, but it's in all the models.

3. This is a very minor (would even say petty) problem, don't expect it to change.

Personally, I am happy with the models for males. I really hate the idle stance on live, looks too unnatural. It's still there on the new models, but it looks sensible now.

P.S. You might have more luck with replies on the 40+ page "Finally New Blood Elf Models" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    1 - Most of the new models got run animations which are way too bouncy. The community backlash showed this is not what the majority wants. I for one agree and like the Blood Elf run. Did you really want them to run like male Night Elves on live?

2. The large mouths when talking are the art direction they are going with. Can't say I like it that much, but it's in all the models.

3. This is a very minor (would even say petty) problem, don't expect it to change.

Personally, I am happy with the models for males. I really hate the idle stance on live, looks too unnatural. It's still there on the new models, but it looks sensible now.

P.S. You might have more luck with replies on the 40+ page "Finally New Blood Elf Models" thread.
    1-I'm saying they run like the night elves do but on the ptr. Thier current run on live is better to me and I'd rather they just polish that instead.

And I would but thread like every other model thread is always about the female model.