UI feedback / improvements

Yo, I just wanted to post a screenshot of my UI and hear what you guys think, and if you have any suggestions of how I can make it better/cleaner, since I myself feel that it's a bit cluttered in raids.

i.imgur.com/hND6ZKJ.jpg

Kind regards Waxors

Omen: Remove the red top bar, TPS amount threat %, name. well everything except the 2 top bars (which is the 2 tanks always anyways). Place it under or over your unitframe. Use same texture as UF.

Chat: remove the up/down buttons and only keep scroll down reminder. change opacity a little bit so it doesnt look like a block.

Skada: No need to keep them so long, especially as a tank, make them lower, remove header, change font to fit rest of ui.

Dmg show/healing (not sure which addon you use for this): make the scroll event area shorter so it isnt so much space between, can increase scroll speed aswell. remove who hits you, just have incoming damage. I personally dont feel the need to see healing on me, doesnt really help during a kill, just another thing your eyes can get distracted by to look at.

Unitframes: no need to see other peoples debuff such as cencure and so on if you ask me.

Raidframes. make the width match the box below, or vice versa

overall: set textures and fonts to match, missmatching is an eyesore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I don't see much point in having Omen at all. Threat shouldn't be an issue. Other than that, i agree with the above.

I would drop omen (unless threat is a *real* issue for you), and the scrolling combat text, entirely. You don't need them.

Personally, I also dropped my DPS/HPS meters and have not even remotely missed them; if you hide them during combat they reduce distraction, and you probably don't need to be thinking about relative performance during the fight anyway. (Use them afterwards, if you care, or just do log analysis after the night.)

I found that using IceHUD made it easier to focus on the boss than looking down all the time to check the frames and debuffs when I was tanking, maybe you will find the same. (This one is definitely in the personal taste realm.)

IceHUD also has a threat meter (just one bar, shows you, pull aggro level, and second aggro level) which I find works great for threat management. (Again, assuming you actually need to care. I did, because my SoO Blood DK would rip threat off co-tanks if I wasn't actively managing it; I spent a bunch of time with my cotank literally taunting on CD so they didn't lose aggro to me.)

I concur with Mr. Cheeze above me: Omen is pretty much obsolete, IMO, and as removing damage and healing meters from your UI will remove a major distraction during combat. You can use something like LoggerHead to turn your combat logging on and off during raids, then upload your logs and analyze them afterwards.

Its not a bad UI, you don't have too many extra things visible.

I second what others have said, turn off the scrolling combat text, omen and either turn off your damage meter or set it to auto hide in combat.

I would make your raid frames a little smaller and disable the mana/resource bars.

You could disable your buff/debuff bars at the top of your screen.

Also, think about hiding your action bars, leave just one visible with the abilities you might need to see CDs for or setup a couple weak auras for the CD's/abilities you need to track in Weak Auras and then position them in a better spot. Personally, I do not have any of my action bars visible, I only use 2 (one in the bottom middle of the screen and then one on the right side) and they are set to only show on mouse over.