Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Westwood is back -- Grey Goo

Yeah EA owns the lincense to C&C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroglyph_Games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Goo_%28video_game%29

And best part...songs in game are made by no-1 else than klepacki!!!

Grey Goo- Tiberian Sun musical style
    Humans- Universe at war musical style
    Beta- Red Alert musical style

One of them:

Gameplay is nice...however it does lack some grafic costumization and on some settings it will lag. (but its only 2 days out)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

OK this just made my day. MAYBE we will finally get a worthy successor to C&C!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    PCgamer already has an early access review out on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/grey-goo-review/

Worth the read if you're interested in buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    PCgamer already has an early access review out on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/grey-goo-review/

Worth the read if you're interested in buying it.
    From their review, the game seems like it's really good. It's already out on Steam (I thought it was still in production/early access but apparently it's fully released) for $50...AND it comes with the sound track.

If I wasn't so broke I'd be all over that.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    From their review, the game seems like it's really good. It's already out on Steam (I thought it was still in production/early access but apparently it's fully released) for $50...AND it comes with the sound track.

If I wasn't so broke I'd be all over that.
    I was all over that this morning, no chance to play yet tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Westwood?! Please make Nox 2!

Deleted
    Loving it so far. Played about 4 hours. Thought I could play it on hard difficulty as Im quite experienced with RTS but hard difficulty is kinda brutal. Having difficulty with some missions on normal. I love it, enjoying the challenge of learning the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    TB has a video on it, I know quite a few people on here dislike him but I thought his opinion on the video was spot on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    TB has a video on it, I know quite a few people on here dislike him but I thought his opinion on the video was spot on.

I thought that video useless, does not even show the goo faction which is the most unique bit of the game and what its named after.

TB used to put out decent vids, lately he puts out very few and they are not of the quality I'd expect, they seam rushed, probably taking too much time from him being a keyboard warrior and stoking up drama on twitter and youtube. The man's ego has blown up to massive proportions and he has started to believe his own PR, never a good sign. Have you see the loltastic figurines he is having made, you can get for a monthly sub.....and the bloke likes to pretend he is the saviour of the consumer.....

Anyway, wish he'd get back to doing what he used to do well.

-

Game looks good, a more traditional strategy game with not so much requirement to micro (which is what is putting me of SC legacy fo the void, from what they have released about it), and the factions seam quite distinct and interesting. Setting looks nice, and controls look polished. I think I'll grab a copy and give it a go.

Watched a few videos, don't understand why so people are hyped over this. Looks pretty dull, clunky and just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post

TB used to put out decent vids, lately he puts out very few and they are not of the quality I'd expect, they seam rushed, probably taking too much time from him being a keyboard warrior and stoking up drama on twitter and youtube.
    He has cancer. Now, grab a mirror and look at the face that managed to produce this jealous nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    He has cancer. Now, grab a mirror and look at the face that managed to produce this jealous nonsense.
    Yeah, kind of embarassing to rip on someone for having less/less quality videos and make things up about him being a keyboard warrior...when the guy is being treated for cancer.

Game is...fun. Kind of cookie cutter though, in my opinion.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that video useless, does not even show the goo faction which is the most unique bit of the game and what its named after.

TB used to put out decent vids, lately he puts out very few and they are not of the quality I'd expect, they seam rushed, probably taking too much time from him being a keyboard warrior and stoking up drama on twitter and youtube. The man's ego has blown up to massive proportions and he has started to believe his own PR, never a good sign. Have you see the loltastic figurines he is having made, you can get for a monthly sub.....and the bloke likes to pretend he is the saviour of the consumer.....

Anyway, wish he'd get back to doing what he used to do well.
    I think it was far from useless, it honestly gave a pretty good overview on what kind of game is to be expected if buying it even if not covering the internal mechanics of 1 faction, but perhaps that opinion will change after having played it for me.

I am glad people are still making RTS these day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yeah, kind of embarassing to rip on someone for having less/less quality videos and make things up about him being a keyboard warrior...when the guy is being treated for cancer.

Game is...fun. Kind of cookie cutter though, in my opinion.
    So? I'm not sure how thats relevant. I dont use any medical conditions I have as an excuse for poor quality work. And to be honest, I've never heard TB do either. Dont whiteknight on his behalf, from what I know of the bloke, he'd not want you to.

How does "having cancer" (btw, he just got the all clear on scans), impact a critical assessment of his content? Odd attitude and massively condescending. I personally find such attitudes incredibly patronising.

I'm not jealous, why would I be? I have no desire to be a games reviewer/critic/commentator or whatever he calls himself...

I'm saying that for a vid that supposedly gives info on the game, he does not show the main feature of it, what the game is named after as he considers it "boring" to play as it....well, showing why may be a good idea maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I think it was far from useless, it honestly gave a pretty good overview on what kind of game is to be expected if buying it even if not covering the internal mechanics of 1 faction, but perhaps that opinion will change after having played it for me.
    Just gets me that its the signature faction, the most interesting one, and different one, the one the game is named after and the main protagonist as it were.....and he does not cover it. Odd decision.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything but the actual combat and the units themselves are interesting, which is kinda sad. I've seen the combat, I've seen how it plays, and it quite frankly looks very boring.

It also seems to be a very slow experience. Some might find that nice, but I find it uninteresting.

So? I'm not sure how thats relevant. I dont use any medical conditions I have as an excuse for poor quality work. And to be honest, I've never heard TB do either. Dont whiteknight on his behalf, from what I know of the bloke, he'd not want you to.
    You're right, he might not want me to. But he might not have lost his father to cancer and almost lost his mother to cancer like I did. And see the poor quality of their lives during that period.

Your arrogance is appalling.

More on-topic; SteamDL as we speak, so I'll have more of an informed opinion soon

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

How does "having cancer" (btw, he just got the all clear on scans), impact a critical assessment of his content? Odd attitude and massively condescending. I personally find such attitudes incredibly patronising.

I'm not jealous, why would I be? I have no desire to be a games reviewer/critic/commentator or whatever he calls himself...

I'm saying that for a vid that supposedly gives info on the game, he does not show the main feature of it, what the game is named after as he considers it "boring" to play as it....well, showing why may be a good idea maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Just gets me that its the signature faction, the most interesting one, and different one, the one the game is named after and the main protagonist as it were.....and he does not cover it. Odd decision.
    Like all people who talk about games, even TB should be taken with a grain of salt. It's pathetic when people worship him and obey his word like he's a god. He's a human like any other, but people worship him just because he talks a lot.

He can have good points, but most of the time I find him quite insufferable, arrogant and snobby. I always have.
    His content is getting worse, but perhaps it's related to his physical condition.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, he might not want me to. But he might not have lost his father to cancer and almost lost his mother to cancer like I did. And see the poor quality of their lives during that period.

Your arrogance is appalling.
    He's not arrogant at all. Nor has he said anythign offensive. Stop white knighting for a person you don't know.

I've had cancer myself, incase you wanna use that against me too.

Had high hopes for it. After reading a bit and wachting some videos i don't see me buying it.

Gameplay is too slow and the actual combat seems to be the least interesting part of the game. The goo is a great idea, but most of the units are just generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    He's not arrogant at all. Nor has he said anythign offensive. Stop white knighting for a person you don't know.

I've had cancer myself, incase you wanna use that against me too.
    That stupid Twat called TB should keep producing the quality I demand and even if he says he has no time, then he should just work late, because I demand better quality and far more content and if he doesn't he's a DICK, A DICK I TELL YOU.

That's what Houyi said, freely translated. If that's not arrogance, what is?