Mage tier 1 and 2 talent selections

I was just curious what some other people thought about the mage tier 1and 2 talents.

For tier 1 basically just at what point does evanesce become "better" to use for fights (if you can list specific fights thats awesome). I personally am a huge fan of Icy Floes, especially when i figured out you can stack it to have 6 movement casts if you get it right (feel theres a slight bit of RNG to it but most of the time i can if i need to).

For tier 2, I'm really curious about AT vs IB. especially since AT is being reduced to 1 min here in 6.1. I am a progression raider and i have been running AT for a while now. From my exp, i dont reallly see where IB truely beats out AT (if your not stupid with uses of course). I know that is going against what a lot of the top progression guilds and guides are saying, but i can't see where IB is "needed," or at least AT shouldnt be taken. i feel that if you know what your doing and get used to the fight AT should be more helpful. If im completely wrong or if im just being stupid and overthinking this and it doesnt really matter please speak up.

Also im wondering if Flameglow has a niche use at all currently in Highmaul. I was looking up logs for M Twins and only like 1 of the top 5 or 6 frost mages (im frost right now thats why i checked frost) popped AT or IB at all in the fight. I dont kno wif they are actually using Flameglow or if they dont even need to pop anything, but it dawned on me it might be used there for the quake dmg.

Again thanks for any replys

I pick Evanesce on Imperator if only one hunter is online and someone needs to take the Branded stacks, I don't use it on any other fight.

Alter Time is great if you can predict incoming damage or repositioning, again like on Imperator's force nova (but watch out for the mines!), but don't hold onto it so long that healers will just heal you before you reactivate it. Ice Barrier is better when damage is more frequent or less predictable or relocating yourself is dangerous.

Flameglow requires a certain amount of damage instances per minute to be useful which I don't think any Highmaul fight actually hits, but hey it's passive. I don't use it.

Deleted
    Flameglow is probably passable on Kargath, but that's about it.

ok imnick. i might do that cuase im usually on the branded duty cause we dont do the hunter bouncing strat for some reason =( and i agree about AT. i just take it all the time becuase my group has pretty solid healers so feel the gcd on IB isnt worth. good point tho thanks