Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aren't most incest-related laws in place to add charges to child molesters? I don't see any deterrence value they have because someone who is molesting children is already doing something illegal. In for a penny in for a pound and all that. If two consenting adult relatives want to fuck, who cares? As long as there hasn't been grooming/abuse it has no real problems other than being a societal taboo. Even the chance of birth defects is fairly negligible unless your family has tons of hereditary shit that could be potentially dangerous if two people carrying them all procreate.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Deleted
    I'm not against it persé, everybody can and should love who they want and 2 concenting adults should be able to live their lives as they want, as long as they don't harm others with their lifestyle, but allowing incestues couples to conceive children is a tricky ethical question. Maybe allow them to adopt children?
    Because there is no need to put geneticly inferior babies on the world when we already have a lot of orphans who can't find a suitible family.

The word geneticly inferior leaves a bad taste in my mouth :S

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That's fucking disgusting. Such screwed up people in this world.
    What Nindoriel said. Everybody is weird in his own way and the only truly disgusting people are the one's that think their way of life is the only normal and therefor acceptable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm not sure dating your father is the best way to handle lifelong abandonment issues.
    Agreed, its not ideal, but what would even be less ideal is seperating them "for their own good".
    I haven't read the article btw, just the OP so I'm talking "in general, my toughts on the matter are"

Deleted
    Think what you want about me, just as I can think how I want about people that fuck their own dads.

Eww....
    I wouldn't want to fuck my mom either, but not everyone is the same, and 2 consenting adults should be able to do as they please.

Social taboo's have no place in law and order, because social taboo's aren't the same everywhere.

I think hetero parent-child/sibling incest is unethical because of the higher chance for birth defects. Same-sex incest obviously doesn't have that issue, and the chance decreases significantly for more removed family members like cousins.

Still think it's grody, but that's neither here nor there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Tom Leykis is still on the air?!?!??! I haven't heard him in years. Anyway...

As for the topic, I don't care. If your brother/mother/father/sister are who you fall for... and they fall for you... Go for it. Understand the risks involved with having children in the same gene pool, but follow your heart.
    The problem as you mentioned is the increased risk for birth-defects in their children, that's why incest is illegal even among adults. So even if I don't really see a problem with family members, adult family members, engaging in sex or marrying each other I do see a problem when it comes to having children.

I guess you could allow it if at least one of them agreed to some kind of sterilization.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The problem as you mentioned is the increased risk for birth-defects in their children, that's why incest is illegal even among adults. So even if I don't really see a problem with family members, adult family members, engaging in sex or marrying each other I do see a problem when it comes to having children.

I guess you could allow it if at least one of them agreed to some kind of sterilization.
    We don't use eugenics to justify laws in the US. People with congenital defects have kids all the time.

Deleted
    I'm not sure you can definitively make that judgment with the information provided, especially if you haven't even read that.
    Hence why I disclosed "in general, my toughts on the matter are"

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    The only reason people here don't have a problem with it is because it's in New Jersey rather than a state like Kentucky.
    But, but incest only happens to stupid rednecks right? Not in the oh so civilized northeast where all great things occur and is the haven of all art and culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down there, Sweden. I know you guys love your sterilization, but it's not the solution to every problem.
    No of course not. Making incest illegal is the solution and that's already the case. I'm just talking about if you were to allow incest and marriage among family members you would also have to ensure that they don't try to have children because of the increased risk of birth defects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    We don't use eugenics to justify laws in the US. People with congenital defects have kids all the time.
    Incest among adults would probably be legal if there were no increased risk for birth defects in children, but there is and that's why it's illegal in a lot of places.

Deleted
    Think what you want about me, just as I can think how I want about people that fuck their own dads.

Eww....
    And what's so eww about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And what's so eww about it?
    People think even the first generation will produce a child that have 7 fingers, 3 toes and perhaps an extra hand or two etc, the risk is actually quite exaggerated for the first generation but when small groups of people do it for centuries, yeah they are going to pop out some freaks sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Incest among adults would probably be legal if there were no increased risk for birth defects in children, but there is and that's why it's illegal in a lot of places.
    I highly doubt birth defects are the reason incest is illegal in the US. I would assume it's because America has always been insanely puritanical about anything related to sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    But, but incest only happens to stupid rednecks right? Not in the oh so civilized northeast where all great things occur and is the haven of all art and culture.
    They are moving to Jersey from the midwest. So they are making it our problem up this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    after reading through the whole thing, they actually sound really cute and happy together. of course, they've only been together for two years, so whether it stays that way is another thing.

as for incest in general, it's a difficult topic. i absolutely think two adults that are happy with each other should never be forbidden from being together, but the answer to whether they should also be allowed to have children is maybe not so simple. i'd still probably say "yes", mainly because there are many people who have a significant chance to pass down genetic defects to their children, yet aren't forbidden from having children themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People think even the first generation will produce a child that have 7 fingers, 3 toes and perhaps an extra hand or two etc, the risk is actually quite exaggerated for the first generation but when small groups of people do it for centuries, yeah they are going to pop out some freaks sooner or later.
    Even that is talking about reproducing. I wouldn't want these people to reproduce, but there is no logical argument one can make against family members having sex, if they use protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    after reading through the whole thing, they actually sound really cute and happy together. of course, they've only been together for two years, so whether it stays that way is another thing.
    That's the part that gets me the most in this case. They have been together two years, and she JUST turned 18. I see that as a bigger problem.

As long as they both consent and are of legal age then leave them alone.

It's the same argument against homosexuality, if they are consenting adults of legal age then let them be. It's not like they are going to march into your room and get busy on your bed in front of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Tom Leykis is still on the air?!?!??! I haven't heard him in years. Anyway...

As for the topic, I don't care. If your brother/mother/father/sister are who you fall for... and they fall for you... Go for it. Understand the risks involved with having children in the same gene pool, but follow your heart.
    I tend to find it a bit odd when its with a parent, if only due to the age discrepancy, but I share this view. It's only when kids become involved that it risks becoming immoral, if there are clear risks to the child being born with defects as a result of the union, and the parent has no means or wherewithal to weed these out.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    I'm not trying to make an agruement. That shit is disgusting and wrong on so many levels in my eyes.

Agree. Disagree. I don't care. I'll be judging them, though.
    You know, if someone reads that and doesn't know the topic we're talking about, he might think you're talking about homosexuals. I've talked to people telling me that the thought of someone being sexually attracted to the same sex is something they find disgusting. I've asked them why and they couldn't tell me. They just kept saying "I don't know, it's just disgusting.".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    As long as they both consent and are of legal age then leave them alone.

It's the same argument against homosexuality, if they are consenting adults of legal age then let them be. It's not like they are going to march into your room and get busy on your bed in front of you.
    That's true as long as they are not planning on having children.