Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Germany should claim a few islands as payment
    Corfu -> Krautfu
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Corfu -> Krautfu
    I... actually kind of like that idea. If they know they aren't going to get much out of Greece - I bet the Germans would like some vacation land to go to
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I... actually kind of like that idea. If they know they aren't going to get much out of Greece - I bet the Germans would like some vacation land to go to
    Already have it. It is called Majorca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Who cares for islands. We should take us some historical ruins. Olympia next to the Pergamon Altar in Berlin would sure look nice. I mean, we dug it up anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear that Greece hired Valve's marketing director for their economy minister if that says anything about handouts....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...zi-war-crimes/
    "We are going to demand debt reduction, and the money Germany owes us from World War II, including reparations," he said earlier this month.

A 2013 study carried out by the previous Greek government of defeated Prime Minister Antonis Samaras estimated that Germany owed Greece some $200 billion for damages incurred during the Nazi occupation, the cost of rebuilding destroyed infrastructure as well as loans Nazi authorities forced Greece to pay between 1942 and 1944. The Samaras government, whose critics accused of being handmaidens to Brussels' harsh mandates, did little with the report. Another advocacy group claims that the sum owed to Greece could be as much as $677 billion.
    Germany should pay it's war debts first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Good one, oh wait you're serious. Ahahaha.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...zi-war-crimes/

Will they receive reparations for 50 years of occupation?

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a moral "should" but not an enforcible one and it wouldn't fix the structural issues.

East Germany paid its share to the Soviets and Poland by the way. With the reunification pretty much the only groups which were deemed eligible were certain holocaust survivor and former forced labour groups.

The Allies were the only ones who enforced their demands and were also responsible for settlements and the supervision of them because...well, they could, they won. Payments included territories, intellectual properties and on the Eastern side of the fence also substantial material transfers.

If it ever worked to sue another country into repayments and they would magically be compelled to follow those to verdicts then you can expect that not just Germany will be sued, literally everyone would open the books of deeds.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!