Thread: Ahoo'ru and me

Deleted

Ahoo'ru and me

So I decided to brawl a bit yesterday. As Blood is the only spec I know how to play properly and is also the only spec I have gear for I went Blood.

I started on rank 5 (having done the ones before to get Meatball some time ago). All fights up to Ahoo'ru were pretty easy, but here I hit a brick wall. Best try I managed to get him to around 50% before enrage (no party buffs, no Drums). Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Gulruk/simple

I then respecced to frost and died a few times as well, always only a few seconds into the fight.

Here is my question: Should Frost or Unholy selfheal be enough to do that encounter in my gear (I don't have ANY dps gear). Should I pop all three avengers at once or should DPS be enough to do them one by one? As Blood I obviously popped all three as surviving isn't an issue then - even when paying no mind to sparks and just running through them.

How do you selfheal as Frost or Unholy on that encounter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenmond View Post
    So I decided to brawl a bit yesterday. As Blood is the only spec I know how to play properly and is also the only spec I have gear for I went Blood.

I started on rank 5 (having done the ones before to get Meatball some time ago). All fights up to Ahoo'ru were pretty easy, but here I hit a brick wall. Best try I managed to get him to around 50% before enrage (no party buffs, no Drums). Here is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte.../Gulruk/simple

I then respecced to frost and died a few times as well, always only a few seconds into the fight.

Here is my question: Should Frost or Unholy selfheal be enough to do that encounter in my gear (I don't have ANY dps gear). Should I pop all three avengers at once or should DPS be enough to do them one by one? As Blood I obviously popped all three as surviving isn't an issue then - even when paying no mind to sparks and just running through them.

You should have no troubble at all doing this as Frost/Unholy
    Maybe try Frost with BoS so you can take it easy in phase 1

But also doable without any problem in blood, doable as blood in 655 with lucky spawns in phase 1.

Get kings/flask/food/bl drums and you shouldn't have any problems

Deleted

Did it yesterday as Frost (656 ilvl). BoS+Drums+Pot in p2, and burn that boss pretty easily. You have amazing burst if you pool up everything, and boss should drop like its hot.

If you want to do it as blood, you prob can with your ilvl. You are full mastery geared however, so your dmg might be lacking. I would pull 2-3 of the angels as blood in p1, focus on getting the charge (you can do spread dps and have them all do it at the same time, or individually shouldn't matter).

Use Sindragosa's Breath, Drums of Fury, Armor potion and ERW in p2 to burn the boss fast.

You actually made me want to try it out as blood, brb trying

Edit: Tryed it out, with full consumables I wiped on 300 k. I could prob make it with a perfect try in my gear, so I assume you gear with a decent try and full consumables would be enough to make it.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2015-01-26 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassina View Post
    You should have no troubble at all doing this as Frost/Unholy
    Maybe try Frost with BoS so you can take it easy in phase 1

But also doable without any problem in blood, doable as blood in 655 with lucky spawns in phase 1.

Get kings/flask/food/bl drums and you shouldn't have any problems
    Personally i find problematic to avoid orbs and kill angels fast enought. either i die in seconds or i pull him to p2 10sec before enrage.

e: also waiting 9min for cooldowns after every wipe sucks ass -.-
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2015-01-26 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    On this fight, Army is not that important Only adds abit of dmg in p1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    On this fight, Army is not that important Only adds abit of dmg in p1.
    Isnt every bit of dmg important when you have like 40% uptime on adds? :P

Deleted
    As 2h frost its not a big part of your dmg. As stated above, I did it with frost yesterday @655 ilvl, with your 672 and a 2h frost spec with BoS drums and pots, you should be able to reach the enrage easily.

I one shot it on my DK, but again I had 10 wipes on my mage before getting it, so had experience with the boss previously.

Deleted
    How is 2HF so superior there? and no, i dont play it :P

e: around 100 wipes, been trying this since first week of wod or something.. downed now with 672ilvl... not proud
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2015-01-26 at 02:03 PM.

DiD Ahoo'ru a while back as blood with I think 658 was it.

Used flask, buffood, kings drums and lust drums. Played PL+RC+BoS for important talents.

At the beginning I simply pulled all 3 angels as soon as they spawned and cleaved them down at the same time at a spot close to the center. generally you will always have a gap in the orbs and generally leave you the most space except for the one situation where they close in to the center and as already said there is always one gap for other things there is ams.
    Soon as all 3 more or less at the same time charge you get into the middle pop his buble avoid getting kicked acros the room and if you did that well and rng didn't totally screw you over with the initial angel spawns you should've now 50ish seconds left.

Build up rp, ams soak 3-4 orbs from his circle attack( runnign and then ams to get rp ofcourse) pop armor pot, drums, scabbard (if you have, is really amazing for this) and try to maintain BoS as long as possible, move slowly towards the end of the room to have more room until the rain fo fire from the enrage hits you, if you get very close to enrage, remember to use soul reaper, ignore SR and diseases if you are shortly before the enrage you get more dmg from DS/BB in that short window, use ERW intelligently to prolong the breath and thats about it.

BB nerf did some dmg to our dmg but with more than 10 ilvls more it should be still fairly doable if not still considerably easier due to way easier access to multistrike for maintaining BoS considerably longer.
    Burst is key, so a scabbard of kyanos is incredibly strong, don't use CDs for the first phase, except def cds which you don't need in the second phase anyway.

The only thing I see which actually could get in your way is that massive amount of mastery you have. Its simpy the weakest offensive stat for blood but thats about it.

Did it at 668 as blood - MS buff was much more important than kings but get everything you can that helps. I didn't have any good trinkets (pillar of earth norm and bottle norm...) and reckon that is some of the most important difference here since it's all about p2 burst

Took 4-5 tries, last 2 with self buffs and last 1 a friend through a multistrike buff and suddenly breath easily held down to 25% and it was a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Did this at 670 2h frost. Wasn't too bad, maybe 4-6 attempts. Just need to zerg phase 1 by grouping the paladins as quick as possible and blow cds on them. Armied at the start to help with the adds, brawler str potion and just HB'd for days. Had 45 seconds left when he transitioned.

When i was grouping up the adds, you can get a bit unlucky with placements, so i just used the brawler HP pots, AMS, DP/etc if i hit any as the last phase isn't an issue on damage.

Deleted
    Hey guys, thanks for the input!

I think I'll get Scabbard then, as rep costs yesterday were about 15k as well

My best try I got him down to 15% after having transitioned with 1m 05s remaining. This even was with food (feast - so darn mastery), flask, pre-pot, pot, Augment Rune and Drums of Fury and having prolonged BoS for quite a long time. Also I'll be in the market for some multistrike food.

For some tries I managed to team up with a lock for the multistrike buff which seemed to help a lot, but I only had tries with 40ish seconds left which only gets me to ~45% (I don't waste drums then).

Bottom line: I too think my mastery stacking is killing me here.

Hey guys, thanks for the input!

I think I'll get Scabbard then, as rep costs yesterday were about 15k as well

My best try I got him down to 15% after having transitioned with 1m 05s remaining. This even was with food (feast - so darn mastery), flask, pre-pot, pot, Augment Rune and Drums of Fury and having prolonged BoS for quite a long time. Also I'll be in the market for some multistrike food.

For some tries I managed to team up with a lock for the multistrike buff which seemed to help a lot, but I only had tries with 40ish seconds left which only gets me to ~45% (I don't waste drums then).

Bottom line: I too think my mastery stacking is killing me here.
    another method which is pretty good is using Breath of Sin when you group up the adds... they pretty much melt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    another method which is pretty good is using Breath of Sin when you group up the adds... they pretty much melt
    Yeah, thought about doing that, but Bloodboiling the hell out of them gets them done with quite quickly, too.

Yesterday I achieved a kill (with scabbard)! Well actually three kills, but the first two didn't count as I died about two seconds after the boss to rain of fire.

In my final kill I managed to maintain BoS for all of phase 2, which resulted in Ahoo'ru dying 10 seconds before enrage. A strange thing I noticed: Sometimes Ahoo'ru's knockback would cancel BoS and sometimes not. Bug? I have to say I only started using the talent yesterday, but as it is much more fun than defile I'll keep on using it.

Thanks to everyone for your help, I'd probably still be bashing my head against the wall if not for your tips!