Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Holy] Mythic Ko'ragh - any tips / anything to note?

Hey All

Apologies if this exists elsewhere, but can't see anything in the main [holy sh*t] thread nor a sepcific thread for this fight.

Anyone (preferably with actual experience) got any tips etc for Ko'ragh Mythic, as going in for first time tonight (we went butcher first) and keen to get any experienced opinions.

RL initially seemed to suggests maybe taking more healers with large CD's but pala's seem very strong here (looking at vid's and logs).

I'm thinking clemency for double sac's and seems glyphed wrath will result in wings for each debuff stage.

Any little pointers that may help?
    Last edited by Veraki; 2015-01-26 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veraki View Post
    Hey All

Apologies if this exists elsewhere, but can't see anything in the main [holy sh*t] thread nor a sepcific thread for this fight.

Anyone (preferably with actually experience) got any tips etc for Ko'ragh Mythic, as going in for first time tonight (we went butcher first) and keen to get any experienced opinions.

RL initially seemed to suggests maybe taking more healers with large CD's but pala's seem very strong here (looking at vid's and logs).

I'm thinking clemency for double sac's and seems glyphed wrath will result in wings for each debuff stage.

Step 1: Glyph your wings

Step 2: Right before shield falls off, put one beacon on one of the soakers and leave the other on the tanks who will be tanking ads.

Step 3: Pop wings and heal the shit out of the non beaconed soaker and watch you carry that phase. Wings will be up for the next shield phase so its rinse and repeat.

Edit: I don't know your healing comp, but mot likely you shouldn't bother too much with shadow debuff. Raid throughput cds should be used for that, not your wings. Save them for shield phase since soakers are going to get absolutely destroyed there. Clemency is good to sac the ad tank.
    Last edited by Diggy; 2015-01-26 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Hey All

Anyone (preferably with actually experience) got any tips etc for Ko'ragh Mythic, as going in for first time tonight (we went butcher first) and keen to get any experienced opinions.

The damage the soakers take ignores damage reductions and immunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    The damage the soakers take ignores damage reductions and immunities.
    Thanks Diggy.

Ant - I did not appreciate this so thanks for letting me know. I'll save these for the tank taking the adds etc, to ease the burden.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Step 1: Glyph your wings

Step 2: Right before shield falls off, put one beacon on one of the soakers and leave the other on the tanks who will be tanking ads.

Step 3: Pop wings and heal the shit out of the non beaconed soaker and watch you carry that phase. Wings will be up for the next shield phase so its rinse and repeat.

Edit: I don't know your healing comp, but mot likely you shouldn't bother too much with shadow debuff. Raid throughput cds should be used for that, not your wings. Save them for shield phase since soakers are going to get absolutely destroyed there. Clemency is good to sac the ad tank.
    I might be wrong, but wouldn't it be better to beacon both soakers and heal the add tank instead? Since you will atleast be healing him for full (not -35%) instead of the add tank receiving 35% less also (From healing a soaker directly) or just too much hassle to swap them around I guess? :P

We have the choice from a mistweaver, disc priest, resto drood and resto shammy - so plenty in the arsenal to choose from (Healing CD's wise) if needed.

I think my RL was initially thinking of taking these four due to the healing CD's but looking at kills and guides (including what you mention about the pure throughput on healing the soakers and tank i.e. wings combined with beacon), i think we will be having a futher chat before we head in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    I might be wrong, but wouldn't it be better to beacon both soakers and heal the add tank instead? Since you will atleast be healing him for full (not -35%) instead of the add tank receiving 35% less also (From healing a soaker directly) or just too much hassle to swap them around I guess? :P
    Having done some quick sam allerdici 'fag packet' maths:

Healing Tank - Tank '23000' + Soaker 1 '7475' + Soaker 2 '7475' = Total HPS of 37950 - Tank gets full 23k soakers get 50% of this which then hits the 35% reduction - 7475

Healing Soaker - Tank '7475' + Soaker 1 '14950' + Soaker 2 '4025' = Total HPS of 26450 - Soaker gets reduced heal stright off 14950, tank gets half of that (7475) and soaker 2 gets -35% of the already reduced (50%) from beacon.

*Assuming 23k Holy Light Heal (average hit).

Healing tank seems more HPS in the long run but with the higher heal on maybe the guy that needs it less? As oppose to a larger heal on Soaker your targeting. Happy to hear thoughts on this but raw HPS is obvious where the winner is, but if that means soakers die then game over.

Edit - initial post didn't copy table right.
    Last edited by Veraki; 2015-01-26 at 02:34 PM.

We have the choice from a mistweaver, disc priest, resto drood and resto shammy - so plenty in the arsenal to choose from (Healing CD's wise) if needed.

I think my RL was initially thinking of taking these four due to the healing CD's but looking at kills and guides (including what you mention about the pure throughput on healing the soakers and tank i.e. wings combined with beacon), i think we will be having a futher chat before we head in.

- - - Updated - - -

Healing Tank - Tank '23000' + Soaker 1 '7475' + Soaker 2 '7475' = Total HPS of 37950 - Tank gets full 23k soakers get 50% of this which then hits the 35% reduction - 7475

Healing Soaker - Tank '7475' + Soaker 1 '14950' + Soaker 2 '4025' = Total HPS of 26450 - Soaker gets reduced heal stright off 14950, tank gets half of that (7475) and soaker 2 gets -35% of the already reduced (50%) from beacon.

Healing tank seems more HPS in the long run but with the higher heal on maybe the guy that needs it less? As oppose to a larger heal on Soaker your targeting. Happy to hear thoughts on this but raw HPS is obvious where the winner is, but if that means soakers die then game over.

Yes,

I wasn't brought to it for the very early attempts until we realized that shield phase and survival of soakers was a problem. I mentioned that I could essentially carry that phase and was brought in. Paladins are genuinely good there. Wings are up for literally every soak.

As for who to heal.. Healing tank will result in more overhealing + wait and see the kind of damage your soakers are going to take.. You really do want to spam them directly and have 2 healers assigned to each soaker.

Note: Not that it matters that much, but beacon transfer is 60%, not 50%. And you holy light under the effect of wings wont be hitting for 23k but more like 35k
    Last edited by Diggy; 2015-01-26 at 04:10 PM.

Yes,

I wasn't brought to it for the very early attempts until we realized that shield phase and survival of soakers was a problem. I mentioned that I could essentially carry that phase and was brought in. Paladins are genuinely good there. Wings are up for literally every soak.

As for who to heal.. Healing tank will result in more overhealing + wait and see the kind of damage your soakers are going to take.. You really do want to spam them directly and have 2 healers assigned to each soaker.

Note: Not that it matters that much, but beacon transfer is 60%, not 50%. And you holy light under the effect of wings wont be hitting for 23k but more like 35k
    Beacon is still 50% transfer, but if you heal your beacon target directly it will be 110%, resulting in 50% of that. The tooltip for Epowered Beacon is a little wonky. I beacon both soakers, mostly because 1. our tank doesn't take much damage during that and 2. less strain on mana cause of refund but honestly either way works.

Thanks both for your input - i appreciate it.

The math was quick and 'durty' hence my fag packet comment and was just to look at the point made in the thread, i appreciate this would have been out for a lot of reasons haha.

Edit - Miska / Diggy (or anyone for that matter) do you find HL enough with wings, infusion procs etc or do you find yourself having to flash frequently. My ILVL 678 so pretty decent in terms of throughput just as an FYI.
    Last edited by Veraki; 2015-01-26 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Beacon is still 50% transfer, but if you heal your beacon target directly it will be 110%, resulting in 50% of that. The tooltip for Epowered Beacon is a little wonky. I beacon both soakers, mostly because 1. our tank doesn't take much damage during that and 2. less strain on mana cause of refund but honestly either way works.
    Damn, yeah I have to remind this to myself every time. Once it its in the head, its hard to get it out. Their crappy tooltips this expansion has been bane of my existence.

Thanks both for your input - i appreciate it.

The math was quick and 'durty' hence my fag packet comment and was just to look at the point made in the thread, i appreciate this would have been out for a lot of reasons haha.

Edit - Miska / Diggy (or anyone for that matter) do you find HL enough with wings, infusion procs etc or do you find yourself having to flash frequently. My ILVL 678 so pretty decent in terms of throughput just as an FYI.
    Heh, I mean that'll depend on what your cohealers are doing :P I Holy Light with IoL procs and FoL other outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miskat0nic View Post
    Heh, I mean that'll depend on what your cohealers are doing :P I Holy Light with IoL procs and FoL other outside of that.
    Yeah - i guess that was kind of a stupid question. Ignore lol.

Yeah - i guess that was kind of a stupid question. Ignore lol.
    Not at all, but i mean, like if you have 2 holy paladins HL will probably be enough cause nom nom beacon transfers everywhere, but they do take alot of damage/35% less healing, so until everyone is comfortable with the throughput needed I'd stick to FoL.

Unglyph hand of sacrifice and stick it on the shield soakers! It's a redirect rather than a mitigation, so I imagine it should work!

- - - Updated - - -

Really until you have Ko'ragh on farm I'd go with the safer solution of Beaconing the add tank and a soaker. A soaker dying is pretty much a wipe, and they can go from 100% to 0% in a pretty quick time span.

Until you're at the point where you're healing for meters and not for progression, no need to do things to squeeze out that extra HPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blergy View Post
    Unglyph hand of sacrifice and stick it on the shield soakers! It's a redirect rather than a mitigation, so I imagine it should work!
    Does it work that way? I feel like Hand of Sacrifice reduces the damage taken and gives it to the Paladin as a result, not the other way around. Not 100% sure how the mechanic works though.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Does it work that way? I feel like Hand of Sacrifice reduces the damage taken and gives it to the Paladin as a result, not the other way around. Not 100% sure how the mechanic works though.
    Can confirm this does work. You will need to heal yourself a little to not die over the whole soaker phase just a heads up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blergy View Post
    I'm almost certain it doesn't. Absorbs work but no form of damage reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I'm almost certain it doesn't. Absorbs work but no form of damage reduction.
    Hand of Sacrifice is an absorb, so it will absorb 30% of the damage taken by the soaker, no matter if glyphed or not.
    The same works for this warlock talent sharing damage with the pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DorfSchrat View Post
    Hand of Sacrifice is an absorb,
    It isn't, it is damage reduction; it just has a cap that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by DorfSchrat View Post
    Hand of Sacrifice is an absorb, so it will absorb 30% of the damage taken by the soaker, no matter if glyphed or not.
    The same works for this warlock talent sharing damage with the pet.
    I'm almost 99% certain it is a damage reduction. The tooltip itself says "...reducing damage taken by 30% for 12 sec." The only question is whether it actually works when unglyphed or not, but I plan on testing that tonight since we stopped at Ko'ragh. That is, if I can remember....
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory