Dueling Spriest in 6.0.3

While I Know The Game Is Not Balanced Around 1v1, It Is Still A Component Of The Game.

Given The Current State (6.0.3) And Equal Skill (Rank1 vs Rank1 For Instance) Which DPS Specs SHOULD A Shadow Priest Be Able To Beat In A Duel?

Does Anyone Here Struggle In Duels vs Spriests?

10+ Year Old Account
    My First Question Is Why Do You Type Like This With Every Word Having A Capital Letter?

Spriests can beat a fair few classes 1v1 granted it's on an arena map. A place with no LoS and you won't be able to beat many classes.

I'd say spriests should be able to beat mages at the very least. Warlocks maybe as well. Max range the fears with feathers and you should be fine.

Deleted
    Mages if you're lucky. Maybe locks.

A Shadowpriest will always beat another Shadowpriest.

any mage spec with a bit of rng, ele shamans, maybe fury warrior, that's it really.

As a spriest you NEED someone to peel people off you so you can nuke shit to hell. That's why god comp is the only viable thing for them in 3s with the fmage and rdruid babysitting the spriest.

At skill cap (rank 1)? No class should lose to a warrior. By far the worst 1v1 class in the game; they become unstoppable with good healers behind them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I can beat bad DK's quite easily as spriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been able to beat everything except feral druids, fury warriors, and Warlocks with their life drain shit
    Other than that it's fairly easy to win if played correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can beat average huntards that don't know how to vs spriest or clean their buff bar for that matter.

I don't find spriests that hard to duel as a rogue, dk or warrior. I assume most melee that stagger their stuns, cc and interrupts can avoid getting mind flayed and vampiric touched. Spriest damage and healing is really not that good.

On my hunter it's a different story, but hunter isn't great against moonkins either.

Deleted
    The only class you shouldnt be able to kill as a shadowpriest is probably a feral, their instant heals > your dots and you can't get a feral off of you. For the rest you should have least trouble with hunters, mages, boomkins, monks and ele shamans. Other melees could be a pain in the ass if you're not experienced enough. If you use your cooldowns at the right times (e.g. save dispersion for killing spree, vamp embrace when bursting on low hp to regain most effective health, etc.) you should be able to beat, or at least outlast them all. Remember to take talents wisely: tendrils with warriors and undead melees for instance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only major issue for me is rogue realy. Tried it multiple times and I am dueling fan but wod made it kind of impossible for Shadow to win against a decent rogue.

I see people having trouble against feral druids, I feel your pain! Just a little tip, dispel everything and make use of horro+insanity more.

It helps a lot!
    Last edited by Alanar; 2015-01-28 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming equal gear and skill: Mages, some Warlocks, maybe Moonkin (if Moonkin pops all his CDs, then no. HotW still too OP).

All melees will make you their bitch though. You might be able to kite some DKs without the proper talents though.

Rogues: u fucked
    WW/BrM Monks: u fucked
    Ferals: u fucked
    DKs you can't kite: u fucked
    Hunters: u fucked (unless you can LoS them)
    Rets: u super fucked
    Warriors: u ultra fucked
    Shamans: u supercalifragilisticexpialadocious fucked
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama