Unhappy [Assassination] Warcraft Logs Compare

Hi,

First post

I recently started to play as assassination rogue and looking for ways to improve my damage output. I am comparing my damage in LFR versus assa rogues in normal Braken fight (I think it should be fine right?).

w w w.warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/9QbXHRzJxn781FNK/px86KtH1dw4PV3gW (I cant post links yet)

I am really lost on how come the other rogue has some much more poison damage than me on a similar gear level. For example my avg deadly poison dmg was 1612 but his was 3302. I check the mastery on armory, both mine and his showed 36% poison damage increase.

I am really appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this matter.

So deadly poison has two parts. one is the application (think instant poison when you actually had to craft your own poisons), and the dot. The dot is what ticks harder. Yours was ticking for an average of 3195.

On that note, you can increase that by working on higher uptime on envenom (it's at 65%, but you could probably get it up to 75% with some more practice) and make sure you are potting and flasking when it's progression.

Yeah the only real challenge in Assassination is maximizing the time your Envenom buff is up.

Also use two Agi potions, have a +250 flask, and a +100 food every pull.

Also remember that positioning and lifespan of the add in Brackenspore can greatly effect your VRx2 up time which directly effects your envenom up time. If you really want to get the most damage on brackenspore you should make sure to have 100% uptime with rupture and deadly poison on the add, but do no extra damage to it. As long as its decay is kicked, the add really isn't a big deal and can provide you with much higher damage on brack.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    So deadly poison has two parts. one is the application (think instant poison when you actually had to craft your own poisons), and the dot. The dot is what ticks harder. Yours was ticking for an average of 3195.

On that note, you can increase that by working on higher uptime on envenom (it's at 65%, but you could probably get it up to 75% with some more practice) and make sure you are potting and flasking when it's progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesleri View Post
    Yeah the only real challenge in Assassination is maximizing the time your Envenom buff is up.

Also use two Agi potions, have a +250 flask, and a +100 food every pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    Also remember that positioning and lifespan of the add in Brackenspore can greatly effect your VRx2 up time which directly effects your envenom up time. If you really want to get the most damage on brackenspore you should make sure to have 100% uptime with rupture and deadly poison on the add, but do no extra damage to it. As long as its decay is kicked, the add really isn't a big deal and can provide you with much higher damage on brack.
    Thanks for the replies, So I need to increase my envenom uptime and probably Pot and Flask (I didnt do that cuz it was LFR)

but I still dont get some of the results from the logs. For example if you look at shattered hand damage

warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/9QbXHRzJxn781FNK/px86KtH1dw4PV3gW#type=damage-done&source=31,81&ability=159238

I thought shattered hand damage is fixed, but how come his hit dmg max is at 5k range while mine pretty much stays the same?

same issue with the deadly poison damage (the on hit)

warcraftlogs.com/reports/compare/9QbXHRzJxn781FNK/px86KtH1dw4PV3gW#type=damage-done&source=31,81&ability=113780

his avg damage is twice as much as I did, which means his avg attack power is twice as much as my avg attack power? we both have pretty much similar critical rate on this spell.

Thats why i am really confused on what caused this big damage gap