Did demo get stealth nerfed?

Last tuesday my average demon bolt hits average around 145k out of 380 bolts. This week since sunday out of 450 bolts I averaged 10% lower(136k). Also past few days demo has been dropping lower on warcraftlogs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6#sample=1

Deleted
    aye, demo hasnt been nerfed. just worse rng than thw week b4 i guess.

No way, our Demo lock is doing even more damage than he was last week.
    They really don't do class "stealth nerfs."
    At least nothing tangible. If there was something crazy broken or exploitable, otherwise its published in the hotfixes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Blizzard don't stealth nerf entire specs without announcing it in a hotfix-post. That being said, I'm always worried when I read the word "Hotfix" on the frontpage and it's not before I scroll down that I can truly breathe again. So far anyway...

They stealth-nerfed Demonbolt in PvP before posting a hotfix so yeah...

Deleted
    How is 136k 10% lower than 145k?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    How is 136k 10% lower than 145k?
    I guesstimated the %. It's more like 6%

Demo was only nerfed in PvP on Demonbolt crits, other than that no stealthnerf.

Just on a side note, even if they rarely "stealth nerf", it happens a lot that the hotfix changelog appears after the hotfix, and that player notice the nerf earlier than its apparition !

I remember it happening during MoP with an Agony nerf for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing it personally, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Stealth nerfs", or rather "late reporting of hotfixes" happens all the time. One would expect stuff to hit harder in a following week thanks to item upgrades, not for less. Could be terrible RNG, or could be if your upgrades traded in Mastery/Versatility for other stats that don't give a direct bonus to individual spell damage. Or it could be a hotfix, guess we'll just have to see if there are more reports or if anything is said officially.

Not going on topic, but rather off:
    Hidden hotfixes happens all the time indeed. And sometimes the reason they do the patch notes is because they can't get away with it, the player base is already clever enough to take SS/record logs and all that.

I bet that if they could get away with it, they would without thinking twice.

This is pure variance.
    Last week I pulled off 39k dps on Butcher mythic while the other lock did 35k
    Why? My DBs actually crit, hers didn't. RNG is RNG this is why I do not thing it is actually legit to compare logs atm, DB crits do a huge dps increase IF they actually do.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK I tried HC today with a guild and I can confirm that no evil and sinister hotfix happened, both this week and previous week I had similar numbers and my gear did not change one bit. The variance is mostly due to luck and fails, I still fail quite a bit, since i am Demo for only like 2 weeks so far and last played it in Cata.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...oss=-2&wipes=2
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2015-01-28 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My demonbolts crit slightly more this week. Demo stealth buff illuminati confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    My demonbolts crit slightly more this week. Demo stealth buff illuminati confirmed
    Taking from the meh and giving to the real good.
    reverse robin hood

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    "Stealth nerfs", or rather "late reporting of hotfixes" happens all the time.
    Every time, really. I think the hotfixes are almost always implemented before the hotfix notes come out, and are, indeed, occasionally (often?) discovered by players in the interim. Yelling about conspiracy stealth nerfs every single time is a bit... I dunno. Childish?

E: Although I guess they've started to post the more major class change hotfixes in advance, lately. Probably because they're tired of getting tweeted about stealth nerfs, I imagine.
    Last edited by bio347; 2015-01-28 at 11:33 PM.

If they post it in a hotfix blog, it's not really a stealth nerf. They realize players pore over logs and stuff like crazy. You can look at it in one of two ways.

They try to stealth nerf and if they see players have noticed it, they post it in a hotfix blog. Or...

The hotfix blog sometimes comes up later than the implementation.

Blizzard may be slow sometimes communicating a change, but that doesn't always mean something was stealth nerfed.
    Just another popular phrase for people to use when they want to bash blizzard for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.