Here are the changes so far in the PTR notes

- Moment of Clarity procs last 7 seconds instead of 5 seconds
    - Rampant Growth also buffs Swiftmend by 20%
    - Force of Nature treants buffed 35%
    - Renewal buffed from 22% to 30%
    - All Resto Druid damage spells buffed 15%
    - Spell damage component of HoTW nerfed 25%
    - Agility component of HoTW nerfed 32%

Honestly, I don't see any of these changes significantly changing talent selection. Moment of Clarity will be more viable, but even with a 7 second duration, you are realistically only looking at getting 3 Regrowths off (instead of generally 2 at 5 seconds). I can not see that being strong enough to drop 3 seconds off Rejuv's duration still. The only way MoC will become a viable choice is if they finally realize they need to make it effect more spells than just Regrowth. It absolutely needs to at minimum effect Rejuv (if not effect or partially reduce the cost of WG too).

The Rampant Growth change is only a slight buff. The extra Swiftmend healing only accounts for an extra 6k healing per Swiftmend; the bulk of the value of the talent is from the synergy with SoTF and the same issues that prevent the talent from being widely used in PvE (i.e. Druid regen is too constrained to take full advantage of it and it is an HPM loss) remain. Even with the buff, I can't see Force of Nature treants being a viable selection; SoTF and Incarnation are just too valuable. Given that treants are basically a dumb heal that you have little control over that are competing with 2 talents that give you a whole lot of control over your throughput, they almost need to have top end HPS that exceeds the other two talents to be worth considering.

The 15% damage buff effectively buffs DOC by 15%, which has the potential to put it over the top in terms of being worth using over NV/HoTW on more fights. The 25% nerf to the damage component of HoTW is largely trivial (and probably intended for challenge mode balance more than anything); it's effectively only a 10% nerf with the 15% across the board damage increase.

Cheers for putting this together in one location - lets hope the boards don't become cluttered and we can keep everything here.

HotW nerf should only be about 4%, instead of doing 300% damage during HotW we instead do 250%(115%)= 287.5%

moment of clarity is a nice change, but there are still few mythic fights with little enough movement to support it and RG is still too far behind germ in low overhealing environments (the actual tight healing check fights like butcher and imp), especially with how good incarnation is

to be fair though, I think germ is overrated on fights where healing checks aren't quite as tight, due to how quickly people get topped off, but even then in those fights the 2 rejuvs on the tanks is generally still the answer

I also am starting to think our 60, 90, and 100 talents have too many interactions to be at all easy to balance, but I do think MoC will definitely be a more recognizable choice now, but I think RG will get ignored a fair deal still
    Last edited by ryklin; 2015-01-24 at 05:10 AM.

The problem with MoC is that there are rarely times where I think "I wish I could cast 2(3) free Regrowth spells right away", and there are even times when I sit on a proc of Omen of Clarity because of movement, casting Tranquility, or doing something else that requires me not to use Regrowth that moment. At least with the two-set bonus to T17, we have control of which spells we cast will benefit from Nature's Swiftness, and can use it to our advantage and our discretion to proc our eventual 4-set bonus for free, instantly, and for decent healing. I feel that, in a raid environment, there is never a good reason to use MoC unless you're bored and want to try something new.

The RG buff is needed, I suppose, but after seeing the math posted above, I still have little reason to prefer it over an extra three seconds to all of my casted Rejuvenations.

Honestly, I'd like to see changes to DoC for 6.1, and I have been asking for these since the MoP Beta. I'd like the option to have DoC EITHER allow us to heal with the use of Moonfire, OR have it proc our Mastery when it heals. As time has gone on, I've learned that I'd probably prefer the latter. A person can Dream, right?

TLDR -- Nothing exciting. Hopefully we will see attention to our mana regen in future patch notes.

Deleted
    mana regen is fine, you just need 1600 spirit :^)

- Force of Nature treants buffed 35%.

I logged on PTR to see if how much they would heal for now... 10.4k Live. 3.1k PTR.... not sure but it looks like someone forgot to carry a 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylus View Post
    - Force of Nature treants buffed 35%.

I logged on PTR to see if how much they would heal for now... 10.4k Live. 3.1k PTR.... not sure but it looks like someone forgot to carry a 1.
    There only buffed for feral/bear did they not? for resto they got ruined, unless there getting the 35% added to the nerf which still makes them useless

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/102693/#19480-19508
    Last edited by mmoc0f35fe6efc; 2015-01-24 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    you are realistically only looking at getting 3 Regrowths off (instead of generally 2 at 5 seconds). I can not see that being strong enough to drop 3 seconds off Rejuv's duration still.
    At 21.55% Haste i need 6.15 seconds to cast 5 Regrowths, should be very doable. At my haste levels Clearcasting should proc every 21th second, making Regrowth free 1/3 of the time.

Remember that the three extra seconds on Rejuvenation only increases its healing with some 15% and the extra healing will overheal for more than the early part.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-01-24 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The 15% damage buff effectively buffs DOC by 15%, which has the potential to put it over the top in terms of being worth using over NV/HoTW on more fights.
    I'll be looking forward to trying H imp again with my guild. I know it's kinda lame - but our guild's gone through so much potato since the start of wod. Still haven't cleared him on Heroic. We need dps..
    The extra healing from that is gonna be super fun with stacked haste.

Deleted
    I really, really liked Rampant Growth on the beta even though it gave some incredibly overpowered healing output (Swiftmend/WG). I haven't used the talent a single time yet in Heroic (7/7) or Mythic (4/7), but I'm at a point where I'm fairly comfortable with my mana regen (ilvl 681/682, 1520 spirit + Everburning Candle) so I will give RG a fair try again on some bosses. I think the added 20% to Swiftmend will be really needed to make it better than Germination.

I know it's not canon, but i've been using rg since i dinged 100, and have been actively avoiding spirit at all (i'm even using DPS ring). Only item with spirit i have is heroic cloak from trash with socket and speed, and, for me, channeled mana potions are MORE than enough.

Also any and all raid damage is sufficiently covered by shroom and 2 sotf wg on a row plus whatever healing the other healers do. As proof, here are some logs from my last raid https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=7

That's twins all the way to enrage, and even tho i died earlier, i was not hurting for mana at all.

I have been using SotF / DoC / RG from level 600-665 currently, and I love the play style. I don't understand why more druids don't use this. I keep up on the meters (usually #1 unless I'm out geared) and I don't have as much overhealing as other druids in the raid. I currently have only 2 pieces with spirit on them (legendary ring & a 660 pvp necklace), and my mana is definitely manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I have been using SotF / DoC / RG from level 600-665 currently, and I love the play style. I don't understand why more druids don't use this. I keep up on the meters (usually #1 unless I'm out geared) and I don't have as much overhealing as other druids in the raid. I currently have only 2 pieces with spirit on them (legendary ring & a 660 pvp necklace), and my mana is definitely manageable.
    Yay for that build! Same one i use XD

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    I know it's not canon, but i've been using rg since i dinged 100, and have been actively avoiding spirit at all (i'm even using DPS ring). Only item with spirit i have is heroic cloak from trash with socket and speed, and, for me, channeled mana potions are MORE than enough.

Also any and all raid damage is sufficiently covered by shroom and 2 sotf wg on a row plus whatever healing the other healers do. As proof, here are some logs from my last raid

That's twins all the way to enrage, and even tho i died earlier, i was not hurting for mana at all.
    I don't understand the point of Rampant Growth when glyphed Wild Growth has a 10 second cooldown and Swiftmend is 15 seconds normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcider View Post
    I don't understand the point of Rampant Growth when glyphed Wild Growth has a 10 second cooldown and Swiftmend is 15 seconds normally.
    Rampant Growth allows you to hit Swiftmend everytime WG comes off CD. This is especially useful with SotF, which then buffs WG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheroba View Post
    Rampant Growth allows you to hit Swiftmend everytime WG comes off CD. This is especially useful with SotF, which then buffs WG.
    can you in anyway sustain a WG every 15 sec, let alone a WG every 10 sec.

Well, sometimes it's kind of nice to WG>Tranq>WG

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Because it's simply not as good, and the fact you've used it from 600-665 means you haven't even tried germination? No offense but most of us were 665 in the 2nd week of highmaul, your progression is weeks behind and ultimately the other healers in your guild are probably bad. It is an awesome play style, one I hope becomes the de facto choice but there is no way it's best for mythic fights where fights are 4 healed. Sure it might be great for sniping heals in heroic/normal putting you at the top but there is no way it's more viable for mythic.
    Last edited by flooressence; 2015-01-25 at 10:10 AM.

I've played with germination - it's just boring to me. Also, my druid is my third alt to bring up, so I'm not sure he'll see any mythic fights unfortunately.