Brawler's Guild - Ahoo'ru

I've been trying to kill Ahoo'ru (last boss in Brawler's guild) for the last 2 days now. Had countless attempts. Sometimes I get more lucky in the first phase with sparks spawning relatively close to each other, but even then, it takes me a very long time to drop all 3 adds below 50%, because i spend most of the time trying to avoid the damage sparks. I'm always running out of time in the second phase, where i just can't seem to drop the boss lower than 60%, before the time runs out. I'm also running into the problem that the 3 adds in phase 1, as well as the boss himself in phase 2, do a LOT of damage to me, so I constantly have to drain life to get some health back or i would just die.

I've tried with various different talents and specs as well. Affliction with Sac, with Doomguard, Sacrificial Pact, Soul Link, and so on. Tried demo and destro as well. It just doesn't seem possible as of now. Either i'm doing something very wrong, or it actually isn't possible as a warlock with my gear (around 660).

Has anyone here done this boss as a warlock AT LEVEL 100 yet? It is a LOT harder than it used to be at 90, so i'm wondering if it is at all possible, and how. I have not found a single video of a level 100 warlock killing this boss either.

Deleted
    I managed to do this yesteday on my warlock by going demo
    so what i do is
    Put down portal on in the middle
    Gather the 3 adds together in one of the corners, AoE them down with cataclysm pet bladestorm and 1 charge of CW
    I then use the portal to get behind the boss after that its pretty much a dps race but you NEED all your defensive's for the last phase,
    At 60% I insta summon the felhunter to get the interrupt in

PS: I do recommend also teleporting every second round circle thingy he does to minimize the dmg you take since this is most likely what will kill you when you get to last phase

talents i took were
    DR, SF, SP, Syngery, Darkness, Cataclysm (I also used glyph'd imps)

Done with 669 ilvl ( Look up namutski on draenor-eu if you wanna see gear etc / proof)
    Last edited by mmoc08408dc053; 2015-01-28 at 02:40 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-s-Guild/page2

Before the buffs to demon, affliction was the best spec for ahoo'ru. I think demon is good enough.
    Key is phase 1, you need to get the adds fast as possible and "aoe them down". As afflic I multidotted all 3 and was using the voidwalker to control their charge. It takes quite a bit of micromanaging but it works once you get the hand of it.

For phase 2, you use drums of rage/2 charges of DS with trinket and doomguard, dps the hell out of him. Don't forget to switch voidwalker to observer when you get into phase 2, rather do it on the transition, when he's "awaking".

Quote Originally Posted by Flikgoeswild View Post
    I managed to do this yesteday on my warlock by going demo
    so what i do is
    Put down portal on in the middle
    Gather the 3 adds together in one of the corners, AoE them down with cataclysm pet bladestorm and 1 charge of CW
    I then use the portal to get behind the boss after that its pretty much a dps race but you NEED all your defensive's for the last phase,
    At 60% I insta summon the felhunter to get the interrupt in

PS: I do recommend also teleporting every second round circle thingy he does to minimize the dmg you take since this is most likely what will kill you when you get to last phase

talents i took were
    DR, SF, SP, Syngery, Darkness, Cataclysm (I also used glyph'd imps)

Done with 669 ilvl ( Look up namutski on draenor-eu if you wanna see gear etc / proof)
    Do you use your imp glyph in phase 1 when you have all 3 adds on you, to get fury quick? Or do you save it up for phase 2? Also, do you need an actual interrupt or would the felguard's stun also work to prevent him from casting the heal?

And in phase 1, do you just run from spark to spark first, then pull them all in a corner, then start doing damage to all of them at the same time? So you only start doing damage, when all the adds are there, and lined up at one spot? I've sometimes had the problem that i started dpsing one add with dots while i was on my way to the other adds, and then it got messy when one add started charging already, while the others weren't at 50% hp yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Do you use your imp glyph in phase 1 when you have all 3 adds on you, to get fury quick? Or do you save it up for phase 2? Also, do you need an actual interrupt or would the felguard's stun also work to prevent him from casting the heal?

And in phase 1, do you just run from spark to spark first, then pull them all in a corner, then start doing damage to all of them at the same time? So you only start doing damage, when all the adds are there, and lined up at one spot? I've sometimes had the problem that i started dpsing one add with dots while i was on my way to the other adds, and then it got messy when one add started charging already, while the others weren't at 50% hp yet.
    I save glyphed imps for second phase, and no stunning will not work he will just recast it again after, you need an actual interrupt.
    In p1 I just pick them all up at once putting corruption up on them while running only to gain fury ( Pet is on passive during this ) once all 3 of them are in the corner i start pet bladestorm first so he picks aggro off me, while i cataclysm and CW. If all you do is get corruption on the adds while picking them up all of them will be pretty much in sync +-1-5% wich wont really matter because you are doing so much aoe dmg they all will be far below 50% wich is when they charge (as far as i know)

ok i think i get the idea, thanks! do you know what glyphs you were using for this? dark soul, eternal resolve and imp swarm?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    ok i think i get the idea, thanks! do you know what glyphs you were using for this? dark soul, eternal resolve and imp swarm?
    I used Imp glyph, Siphon life and Dark soul

Deleted
    I did it using destruction.
    Key talents: GoSup, Cataclysm. Don't know if I used AD or KJC + glyphed DS, but I think it was AD.
    Used the observer as permanent pet, so I have an interrupt, GoSup is important so you have a terrorguard instead of a doomguard.

I started the fight by immediately activating the 3 angels I need. Everytime you activate one, another "light thingy" becomes available, so you can actually activate them really fast. You have to avoid taking damage during this phase!
    Once I had them activated I'd try to pull them into a corner so I could get one cataclysm + dark soul + havoc chaos bolt off in order to get them all to charge at once -> run through the boss an trigger phase 2.
    IF I managed to pull that off fast without taking much damage I'd go for a kill. Build embers, hit terrorguard at the 1 minute left marker, wait until he knocks you back (so he won't interrupt you while burning embers), pop potion, DS, trinket and unload 4-5 strong chaos bolts, don't forget your second cataclysm.

The tricky part is phase 1 though. You can easily lose too much time there.

I did it using affliction at around 669 ilvl iirc.

GoSup Observer/AD/Cata + drain life talent and glyph

Set up a circle of teleport close to the center of the room
    Spawned all 3 adds, cata + dots, made them go together below 50%
    Ported to the boss so the charge went through him

During P2 : burst with double DS + DoomGuard + pot + haunts
    Used the circle to avoid the balls he spawns
    I got a bit low on health once so did a whole drain life castbar which put me back to full health (remember the WoD perk)
    => gg