Thread: help with logs

help with logs

warcraftlogs.com/reports/bZPFLYQHK1pNcCRg#fight=30

Hey guys I'm wondering if u could help me give our shadow priest some constructive criticism. He has one of the highest ilvls but lower dps. He's very knowledgeable about fights and a big part of our roster. Just looking for some help thx guys!

At a quick glance for Heroic Butcher, his Halo's did very little damage. Which leads me to believe you have him in one of the melee groups. Not dmg breaking, but a little boost. I also only see 5 SW: Death casts, where my fight I got 11 in. I also see Mind Spikes into execute range, where really all that should be cast is Mind Blast, SW: Death, DP, and Insanity.

On Brackenspore I see his Twist of Fate uptime was 58% uptime, I noticed I had 68% uptime. I also had twice as many SW: Deaths as him. I don't know how you have your raid killing spores, but I tackle them right away. They are a good source of ToF uptime, and orbs from SW: Death so that I can turn and continue burning Brackenspore or Flesh-Eater.

On Twins, a little better uptime of SW: Pain and VT on Phemos will give a little boost. Again I see Mind Spike damage WAY up there, higher than Insanity and in this case almost as high as Mind Blast. Does he not have a decent UI to keep track of his orbs or when Mind Blast comes off cd?

He's also enchanted purely for Mastery, which benefits on fights like Kargath and Butcher with little movement, but not as helpful for the other fights with more movement. Either way, that's not game breaking either on a cause to be a little lower like above things I've noticed.

If I missed anything or am incorrect on anything that others have noticed, I'd be interested to know for my own knowledge too. Thanks.

Thx for the tips, hes not in melee group so i dont know why his halo is low. ill try and point out these points to him!