Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Surge Soda, Dat Epic 90s Soda, Is Available!

Just wanted to give me fellow 90s lovers some heads up that this life giving nectar is available (perhaps only temporarily, I'm not sure) on Amazon for $14 for a 12-pack of 16 oz. (BIG) cans. If they're sold out, be patient. Don't buy from the leeches who try to rip you off.

Harken back to the days when you and your friends would play the N64, create a welt on your palms from playing Mario Party mini-games, get fuming mad because your friend got the golden gun in GoldenEye, or giggles of happiness because you got 3 red shells in Mario Kart. Now think, what soda were you and your friends drinking back in the 90s during this pinnacle of human comradery? That's right, it was SUUUURGE! The 90s dream is real, don't miss out guys!

Surge was awesome. I was in....around 6th grade when it got popular in the 90s, and I used to love it.

Sadly, I don't drink that kind of stuff anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I still drank soda i would probably be excited but this just screams kill me quickly.

Deleted
    is it bad that I read that in the voice of retard foods saying sugar

I noticed that awhile back, it's slipped my mind to buy some. It's the only soda my family agreed on, otherwise, we all tend to buy our own things.

To the two here saying: "I don't drink that stuff anymore," I understand how you feel. Sodas more often than not are loaded with things that are nothing but trouble for us. But do you drink alcohol? Beer? Wine? If you do, grab a soda once and awhile, too. The latters are just as bad for ya'.

You have to keep in mind, you can drink and consume just about anything out there, no matter how many insane chemicals it has in it .. yep, I'm telling you it's okay. (Unless you're allergic, latose, etc of course.) But .. you just need to regard them as a treat, or something you balance with other things. Drink tea or juice all week? That one soda or two a week isn't gonna hurt'cha. So if you loved these sodas, and want to drink them again, go for it. Unless you're afraid it'll become an addiction, heh.

I drink way too much soda myself, amazingly, and I'm pretty much okay. I'm never gonna claim I'm super healthy but I'm not in bad shape, either. There just aren't any acceptable alternatives to drink with meals to me, unfortunately. I drink juice, lemonades, teas, etc. Inbetween meals when I'm thirsty to try and balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP slurm mckenzie

Jolt cola was my thing growing up, but I'm in the "I don't drink sodas anymore" camp. Diabetes runs in my Dad's side of the family, so I just stopped drinking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    To the two here saying: "I don't drink that stuff anymore," I understand how you feel. Sodas more often than not are loaded with things that are nothing but trouble for us. But do you drink alcohol? Beer? Wine? If you do, grab a soda once and awhile, too. The latters are just as bad for ya'.
    It's not necessarily that I don't drink soda (I do), but I try to avoid the really heavily caffeinated stuff or energy drinks these days. Not because I'm scared that it's going to give me cancer or turn me into a mutant or something, just that I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine and always get that bad "jitter" feeling that I really don't like from much of it. One cup of coffee in the morning is enough for me. I tend to stick to stuff that's either caffeine free or has low content of it like Sprite/7-Up/ginger ale/root beer.

I used to drink stuff like Mountain Dew all the time. The cutback started when I was in my mid 20s or so and had a lot of trouble sleeping, so I decided to cut back on caffeine to see if that'd help. It sort of did (particularly avoiding it later in the day...I used to drink caffeinated stuff during those late evening gaming sessions), and I eventually just made it routine to avoid most of it past that one cup of coffee.

I love these things and drink them all the time, but they're a bit harder to find and aren't as easily available if I'm on the road (which I am a lot for my job) and just need to grab something at a gas station.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-01-30 at 06:16 PM.

Health be damned, Surge is back and I shall not let this opportunity to taste the '90s pass me by!

do they still make/sell Jolt anywhere?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Fuck Surge, give me Josta.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought two of the 12-packs a couple months ago, which I ended up paying nothing for in the end because a few of them arrived damaged/exploded open and Amazon's customer service/satisfaction is awesome, but anyway: It was great! I shared some with my friends at work (who also grew up in the 90's) and it was kinda like a flashback for us. It had a strange aftertaste for the first couple of cans, but it was delicious overall. Probably won't buy again due to the price, but for the sake of nostalgia, it was worth a least one purchase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine got this for me as a Christmas present. I cherished every can. And the new cans are HUGE, not those dinky little 12oz cans but more like 20oz.

Will definitely buy again, but they're definitely a "treat" soda because of the price, like Jones' soda.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I bought two of the 12-packs a couple months ago, which I ended up paying nothing for in the end because a few of them arrived damaged/exploded open and Amazon's customer service/satisfaction is awesome, but anyway: It was great! I shared some with my friends at work (who also grew up in the 90's) and it was kinda like a flashback for us. It had a strange aftertaste for the first couple of cans, but it was delicious overall. Probably won't buy again due to the price, but for the sake of nostalgia, it was worth a least one purchase.
    Omg I'm jealous, do you know if there is any way to purchase SUUUUURGE without having to pick up Amazon Prime?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Vault.

wow... it never left the norwegian market, didnt know it stopped in other countries D:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten a couple cases since it's been back. It doesn't seem quite as good as i remember it being, don't know if they tweaked the formula or if I'm remembering wrong. Still pretty good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was crap when it came out and it's still crap today. Mt. Dew beats this stuff any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I liked Vault.
    Confirmed, Vault was a different formula.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    wow... it never left the norwegian market, didnt know it stopped in other countries D:
    You have Urge, quite sure it's a different formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    You have Urge, quite sure it's a different formula.
    While preparations for the US launch were underway, a cry for help came in from the Norwegian Division, who were battling a successful launch of Dew in their market. Because the Surge brand was already registered by another party, the product was launched as "Urge". Local food regulation prevented the bright green colour being used, so it was launched with a pale more natural juice drink look and given a slight orange taste to match the flavor with the color.
    slightly different, but doubt it's a huge difference