Deleted

Addon nameplates for tall model

Hello,

I wonder if it exists an addon that can show the nameplates at the foot of the model. I use them to track my dots on multiple targets and on boss like the twins or tectus i'm kind of screwed.

thanks for your help

not going to happen, they all use blizz's nameplate api. configure some kind of boss frame and your focus to show your dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conelle View Post
    Hello,

I wonder if it exists an addon that can show the nameplates at the foot of the model. I use them to track my dots on multiple targets and on boss like the twins or tectus i'm kind of screwed.

thanks for your help
    Addons can only do what Blizzard's API allows for. The most that Blizzard's API allows is to move the graphic of the nameplate around...not the functional part. So an addon can move the nameplates down (ThreatPlates, for example, allows for this) but what is moved down won't be clickable or able to be moused over. The interactive element will remain exactly where it started, above the mob's head.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

My main is a shadowpriest, so I feel your pain.
    Honestly the only way around it is to do an offset on your current frames with Tidyplates.. but it will do it to ALL frames and it will look like garbage.. there are some options on tidyplates and ELVUI to allow the tiny critters to have smaller bars, but nothing for big mobs..

I believe there are a few dot tracking suites that allow you to retarget by clicking on the bars it creates.. like DotTracker or Elipsis, but honestly for trash I its so rare that I just tab target or put them on /focus if its something Im keeping tabs on.

Remember to use the BOSS FRAMES.. they really come in handy if you are doing an encounter and need to switch to a new target without clicking on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosrecords View Post
    I believe there are a few dot tracking suites that allow you to retarget by clicking on the bars it creates.. like DotTracker or Elipsis
    No, they'll create bars for every mob you DoT in order to track the duration of the DoTs, but the bars themselves are non-interactive, because Blizzard's API doesn't allow for interactive elements to be created during combat, so you won't be able to click them to do anything, including re-target.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.