6. Deadly Instant Poison (1024.6 DPS) 3.75%
    7. Mark Of The Shattered Hand Dot (723.5 DPS) 3.69%
    8. Deadly Poison (891.1 DPS) 3.50%

Now when i did my own on a dummy, it left me with
    1. Autoattack 37.5%
    2. backstab. 16.6%
    3. rupture . 11.4%
    4. eviscerate 10.6%
    5. ambush 7.7% ( probably pretty low in comparison)
    im still getting used to keeping FW up as long as possible.

but i dont see how to have evis that many times. as i keep having to reapply rupture.

any thoughts or tips?

Also another question..
    best rotation for SR/SD? ambush spam to evis/rupture or just 100% ambushes?

Deleted
    I assume Shadowcraft takes Honor Among Thieves in a raid environment into account which would give you plenty more combo points that you can then spend on Eviscerates as long as your Rupture is up. When you're on your own you don't reach the full potential of HaT, simple as that.

As for your other question, keep Rupture on at all times which means that you should apply it even during SD, otherwise spend combo points on as many Eviscerates as possible. A good thing could be to make sure that the last attack you do before your SD runs out is an Ambush so you get some extra FW time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulman View Post
    I assume Shadowcraft takes Honor Among Thieves in a raid environment into account which would give you plenty more combo points that you can then spend on Eviscerates as long as your Rupture is up. When you're on your own you don't reach the full potential of HaT, simple as that.

As for your other question, keep Rupture on at all times which means that you should apply it even during SD, otherwise spend combo points on as many Eviscerates as possible. A good thing could be to make sure that the last attack you do before your SD runs out is an Ambush so you get some extra FW time.
    ah good point, i forgot about HaT.
    it did end up pulling +/-3% of the simd dps, just as stated the breakdown was much different.

thanks for the reply

Raid buffs = more haste, hat just works better in raids, and bloodlust.

Rotations just work better in raids because of extra buffs.

If you just spam ambush during dance, you'll CP cap even with anticipation. If you have preparation macrod to ambush *as you should* your first dance past your opener you should ambush and bam 5 cp. You'll also notice that eviscerate hits harder than ambush, especially with FW up. So you should ambush to 5cp 4-5 anticipation then evis, and keep eviscerating when you are at max anticipation.

also a 2-3 cp eviscerate with FW up hits harder than a 5 cp eviscerate without fw. so make sure you're actively tracking find weakness so you can get that last eviscerate in.
    Last edited by Athonel; 2015-01-28 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    If you have preparation macrod to ambush *as you should* your first dance past your opener you should ambush and bam 5 cp.
    I assume you mean premeditation, but macroing it isn't the greatest idea unless you always go into dance with less than 4 CP. It doesn't count towards anticipation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    And eviscerating at 2-3 combo points is absolutely not something you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Willoughby View Post
    I assume you mean premeditation, but macroing it isn't the greatest idea unless you always go into dance with less than 4 CP. It doesn't count towards anticipation.
    If premed is first in the macro you only need to make sure you have 3 or less cp when you use it. Ambush's cp will go into anticipation.

Understand that dummy dps doesnt equal raid dps.

I think dummys are more of a ''test your rotation here'' kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Willoughby View Post
    This is my Amb macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Ambush
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cast [nomod] Premeditation
    /cast Ambush

If I hold a modifier, Premed doesn't cast. This allows me to go into SD and Vanish with banked CPs for an extra FW finisher without wasting CPs. Just pop the Premed when you drop to 3 or less CP (you can even do this between globals).
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-01-29 at 06:16 AM.

Deleted
    Heya guys.

I've been trying my very best to get into Sub lately and i'm still having a hard time mastering it. I'l link our latest butcher kill:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

The major difference i see between me and other sub rogues is the burst phases - the damage of their ambush is way higher then mine. My problem is i reach max combo points after a second or two and then i have to evis or waste combo points, doing evis takes a lot of energy and makes me do a lot less ambushes.

I'm apparently doing something wrong. I try to enter the first shadow dance with full energy and it still just seem to vanish for me very quickly

Edit:

The opener i use is premed + slice + potion just before pull:

Ambush, Hemo, backstap to full cp, Rupture.

Pool

Shadow dance, ambush til full cp + anticipation cp, evis once, ambush til full cp again.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2015-01-29 at 06:40 AM.

Who are you comparing your logs to? Warcraft logs have some easy filters to get people at your item level. And Don't worry about less ambushes compared to eviscerates, you want as many eviscerates as you can get, they're worth more than ambush.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-01-29 at 05:35 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    This is my Amb macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Ambush
    /cast Pick Pocket
    /cast [nomod] Premeditation
    /cast Ambush

If I hold a modifier, Premed doesn't cast. This allows me to go into SD and Vanish with banked CPs for an extra FW finisher without wasting CPs. Just pop the Premed when you drop to 3 or less CP (you can even do this between globals).
    Why do you have Pick Pocket in that macro ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because pick pocket is free money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Because pick pocket is free money.
    I don't think such a macro works anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    I don't think such a macro works anymore.
    It does, but inconsistently. I have it on all my openers and I get the items like 20% of the time.

I probably should have just omitted it from my first post since PP wasn't the important part, but I just copy+pasted from the game.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-01-30 at 03:30 PM.