Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Having a mage tower really helps, most gateways are in a central spot in the zones. In more worried about how scarce Arrakoa dig sites are compared to orge and orc. Lacking items like the Mantid locator seems far worse than no flying.

Dude flying is an option/Convenience/method of transportation...THATS IT....it is in no way main content.....its not Raiding...its not PVP etc.....its ridiculous.... only bads/fails will complain about no flying....
    8320 4.8ghz/H60
    Asrock 970 Killer
    oced gskill 2000mhz
    WD Blue
    Gigabyte R9 270
    EVGA 600B PSU

Deleted
    Yes indeed, that might be my one and only gripe against no flying.
    Then again it's more of an archaeology design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    +1. The profession is a joke without a punchline at the moment. No title for 'Draenor Curator'. An absolutely obscene amount of 'Pristines'. I can honestly say I doubt anyone will grind this by human hands.
    Most of the other professions are much more screwed up than Archaeology though - better for Blizz to concentrate on fixing those.

One of the Blues said Archeology shouldn't have gone past Cata and I agree with them. With no flying it's an atrocious grind that rewards nothing. I don't care if WoD has flying or not (sure would like it to finish finding all the world items and such), but without it Archeology isn't worth doing. Especially if you get the dig site with the wolves in Frostfire that one shot.

Arch and Pet Battles did kind of feel like afterthoughts, felt like they were focused on other game systems more. They didn't get fully implemented into beta for awhile

I am a proponent of no flying, but fully agree that archaeology is completely screwed by it. It makes a grindy, lore-farming profession that most people tend to do while doing other things because it is already so boring into something that requires a lot of attention, focus, and effort... and the output for that input is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    Dude flying is an option/Convenience/method of transportation...THATS IT....it is in no way main content.....its not Raiding...its not PVP etc.....its ridiculous.... only bads/fails will complain about no flying....
    This takes the cake for the most irrelevant post that didn't even bother to read the OP. OP isn't complaining that flying is gone in general or because he wants it to "be content" as you put it. He is mad that arch is fucking stupid and mindlessly impossible without flying because it is INCONVENIENT. You said it yourself, flying is there for convenience. Which is what the OP is complaining about. You are contradicting yourself a lot in that post. It also has nothing to do with how "bad" you are at this game. Him wanting to fly to a digsite literally at the other end of the continent has nothing to do with how much skill he has at this game.

Deleted
    I must agree, Archaelogy seems a bit lacking at the moment. I guess they did try to compensate the no-flying with more digs available in one location, but once I maxed it I don't see the point in doing it any more. Not really any worthwhile rewards.

Yeah, I've maxed it, but not working on any pristine until this is fixed. I used to do Archy all the time -- I'm really close to my Seeker of Knowledge title -- but I don't even bother with rares now. I'd rather actually go do digs than garrison missions, but doesn't look like I'll get my wish.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    I must agree, Archaelogy seems a bit lacking at the moment. I guess they did try to compensate the no-flying with more digs available in one location, but once I maxed it I don't see the point in doing it any more. Not really any worthwhile rewards.
    The account bound equipment is quickly available, if you want them for your alts or whatever. Besides that arch is just novelty content for those who don't mind it. I'm hunting pristines just to make my Garrison mainhall prettier. For such use the profession doesn't need to be more efficient imo, especially since some of the devs would like it to go away entirely.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

15+ Year Old Account
    WoD arch is NOTHING compared to cata. If you think no flying makes it awful then I guess you didn't do it in Cata.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi0nicButtnick View Post
    Hmmmm, was it just me who had no issues at all with it? I thought it was quite easy, collected every single Draenor archeology rare, then again, I'm neither lazy nor entitled
    Perhaps not entitled or lazy, but you may want to stretch out a bit so you don't pull something patting yourself on the back.

Either way, people aren't claiming that it is "hard", they are claiming it has been made unnecessarily tedious.

As for myself, I maxed it on my main, got the 1h and 2h +Str weapons, and haven't bothered with it other than if I get enough fragments from mine carts.

I had some pristines pop on some lowbie alts that have to wait to 100 to even use.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2015-02-02 at 05:30 PM.