Imperator fight problems at phase 4 - log analysis

Hi,

I have trouble understanding why we wipe at phase 4 of our fights.

Is this a dps issue , a problem with heals or a tanking issue.

Any feedback is most welcome.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/HLwTNjYdhzXB7yDG

Deleted
    It seems that what wiped you on the longer attempts is a tank death (Shodz) with either no res available, or the res came too late and the adds killed everyone before you could stabilise. It's unfair to exlusively pin this on one group - ask yourself: were the adds killed fast enough? was the tank being healed enough while tanking? is the tank using cooldowns effectively?

Judging by the logs, the answer to all of these is no. During the first four pulls of the night, Shodz (tank) used seraphim a grand total of 7 times. After that point they respecced to HS because they felt it would improve survivability. It certainly would if you're using it so infrequently. Shield of the Righteous uptime is poor too, coming in overall at 26.6%.

With that said, Shodz sometimes went a very long time without receiving much healing the times that they died. For example, the only attention they received on this death was a PW:S, Penance and a Flash Heal over a 10s period. While tanking the boss and the Arcane Remnants. But at this point, they had no defensive buffs active whatsoever. No SotR, no DP (the adds deal arcane damage), no GoAK (wasn't used all fight). Hardly fair on the healers.

DPS were not killing the Arcane Remnants in a reasonable amount of time. These are alive for WAY too long. Other than that, on the whole damage seems okay if a little low. People just need to do a better job of switching to the adds when they are active.

Thanks Modulo for your invaluable advice. I have related this to my guild members. I am sure they would be happy to work on some weaker areas to help the guild progress.

On a personal note, I would also like to increase by DPS more, and it seems that AW/FW generated the most dps during this fight given my 4 pcs.
    Using DP/FV, dps was a lot lower for some unknown reason, perhaps, I am not doing optimally. Is there any way, I can push the DPS even higher. It seems that I was hitting a dps cap at around 25k on H imp, low in my opinion.

Additionally, any feedback given to other dps class would also be appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulo View Post
    no GoAK (wasn't used all fight
    I am pretty sure GoAK doesnt actually appear in the logs. I know for sure on what fights I used it and I cant find it anywhere, accept them it first gets summoned and auto attacks once before channeling the 50% DR

Quickly looking, I think your DPS needs to step it up a little. Especially on the adds

It's hard to pin the blame on any one mechanic with Imperator (except for mines). What tends to wipe groups in P4 is threefold: (1) ambient damage increases from *all* sources, (2) Healers run out of mana, (3) loss of DPS from deaths means adds get out of control.

The solution to all 3 of these problems is (1) more dps, (2) more heals, (3) better execution of mechanics.

It doesn't sound helpful, I know. But there is no "1 trick" to getting a handle on P4. Your whole raid just needs to do a little bit better at all of the things. I'll attempt to list them all for you:

- Kill Reaver and 1 Mage before boss lands
    - Kill 2nd Mage before first Arcane add spawns (if possible - otherwise, run out of the raid if you're fixated 'till boss dies).
    - Kill Arcane adds very quickly. Kill smaller adds quickly. They should all be dead prior to the next spawn.
    - Continue to limit arcane wrath damage. Use defensive cooldowns/potions liberally.
    - Make sure people spread out - *especially melee* for Force Nova. You cannot afford the extra damage from the Replication effect.
    - Make sure NO ONE is hit by an orb from Mark of Chaos. Tank should be against a wall, and orbs should be very spread out before arriving at the raid.

If you can do all of that, P4 will actually stabilize, and people will start to return to full health. If you can stabilize, you are almost guaranteed a kill.

Edit: I would encourage you to review the 'death' tab of your logs. This the best to seeing why you wiped. Notice that while there are big clusters of deaths, rarely are the deaths caused by one single mechanic. It's just people running out of hitpoints to ambient damage!
    Last edited by Makh; 2015-01-29 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makh View Post

Edit: I would encourage you to review the 'death' tab of your logs. This the best to seeing why you wiped.
    The execution feature is even better! Though it's obviously not perfect and still a WIP.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Wow, that feature is pretty impressive. Really is a shortcut to the kinds of things I look for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    I am pretty sure GoAK doesnt actually appear in the logs. I know for sure on what fights I used it and I cant find it anywhere, accept them it first gets summoned and auto attacks once before channeling the 50% DR
    Fair point, I didn't notice this until now.

Thank you all for your invaluable insights. We just drop H imp yesterday.

Very happy to see everyone in this forum helping out with the fights

Now we are setting foot in mythic ...finally...