Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Bought it a week and a half ago. Beat it with 29 deaths total and after beating it I feel extremly dissapointed at how it was sooo boring. It wasnt the difficulty that was fine but thats all there was. I guess that wasnt the game for story and just for gameplay but even that was boring. Every boss fight was extremly boring. I beat every boss with this strategy, "wait, roll, attack,wait, roll, attack,wait, roll, attack,wait, roll, attack,wait, roll, attack,wait, roll, attack, attack attack attack attack boss dead". Was that really fun for anyone else or am i not just a difficulty junkie? Dark Souls 1 was even more of the same but a bit harder, which didnt make the game fun at all. Dont see the point in new game+. Biggest waste of 30 bucks in my life. Could have saved that cash for the new DBZ game. Anyone else feel the same?
    You had me with your opinion right up until "saved that cash for new DBZ game".
    DBZ game haven't been good since... uh... ever, really.
    You clearly have no taste in games ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Loved both myself, though I'm finding greater fun in DS2. More so because I probably played DS1 when DS2 was out, thus I didn't experience much "muh forest peeveepee" and the rest; meanwhile experiencing a lot of invasions in DS2. With the addition of making spells more viable in DS2 ^^; I enjoy both though, was not disappointed with either. Though I know people that were massively disappointed with 2 from playing 1 a lot.

Soundtracks still absolutely stunning in both.

DLCs are great too. Highly recommend Ivory King DLC

My main issue with DS2 though is how Iron Keep is UP IN THE SKY AND THERE IS LAVA EVERYWHERE ??? How do even?

This summed it up nicely.
    Actually i think spells in ds1 were even more broken (mainly dark magic) except for the one that the darklurker gave you with is bs
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it for what it was, but after I was done getting the platinum on it I packed it up. I didn't even bother getting the DLC, even though everyone says it was a solid return to form. Dark Souls, however, I platinumed and played for like another 3/4 year after that. Maybe it was because I'd played too much Dark Souls that 2 felt a bit too close to the same. It was definitely lacking something though, the only boss I had problems with was the stupid smelter demon, and that's because it had such a different mechanic. Non-avoidable, persistent damage isn't really Souls to me, but whatever.

The Bloodborne demo was a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to that. While it remains close to the Souls formula, it's different enough that it should be fun.

Budokai 3 was my fav but it hasnt been good at all since there. Only reason I mention it was cause this one looks like a return to that formula somewhat. Other than that I could have spent that money on the ultimate boss of life for normal mortals.... 8 footlong chili cheese dogs. That boss takes 3 days for me to beat haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    If you are saying dark souls 1 was more difficult, that is simply not true. And for blighttown, it's not even hard. People just find it confusing because they have no sense of direction and get lost killing same shit over and over. Besides if you haven't spoiled yourself in dark souls 2, you have 1 flask to begin with and you'll probably have 2 for a long time if you don't get lucky. Also having 10 estus flasks on every bonfire in dark souls 1 makes the game extremely easy.
    It is though, in blighttown you had to deal with poison, you had to deal with the toxic dart mobs, hell hounds, rock throwers, those annoying bugs, none of the areas in DaS2 compare to blighttown, no not even black gulch(it`s hard to destroy the statues guys, hue) or shrine of amana after it was nerfed.
    There is no real difficulty to most bosses in DaS2, half of them are piss easy to read and nothing compared to DaS1 bosses, not only that but you lifegems shoved down into your pockets, i can just buy 99 lifegems from the granny and i`m set for the rest of the game and never have to worry about my hp again and completely ignore estus.

You keep saying you only started with 1 estus flask, but first of all, you can pick up another charge right in Majula, second off, you don`t need those charges when you are stuffed with other healing items anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj56 View Post
    Could have saved that cash for the new DBZ game.
    So you just like bad games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    It is though, in blighttown you had to deal with poison, you had to deal with the toxic dart mobs, hell hounds, rock throwers, those annoying bugs, none of the areas in DaS2 compare to blighttown, no not even black gulch(it`s hard to destroy the statues guys, hue) or shrine of amana after it was nerfed.
    You keep saying you only started with 1 estus flask, but first of all, you can pick up another charge right in Majula, second off, you don`t need those charges when you are stuffed with other healing items anyways.
    Not only regen items can be found in tons as drops (like the 20 gems on the underbog) but the merchant has infinite ammounts of them, so you can pretty much tank every hit from any boss (with blocking obviously!). I'd say that shrine of amana <pre nerf> is by far the WORST map in the souls series, blighttown was hard if you didnt block the darts or you were not being wary of the environment, outside of that it's a pretty passable area, in Shrine you get punished just because you have to keep pushing forward on an area filled to the brim with mobs (magic barrier was godlike in there pre nerf, with hawks ring)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You had me with your opinion right up until "saved that cash for new DBZ game".
    DBZ game haven't been good since... uh... ever, really.
    You clearly have no taste in games ;P
    I remember playing the Budokai game on the PS2 back in the dead. Although I was also a kid, so I probably liked at lot of shit games.

I feel like DS2 had less BS deaths than DS1. Hardly any enemies sitting next around corners on cliffs, kicking you off as soon as you see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    If you are saying dark souls 1 was more difficult, that is simply not true. And for blighttown, it's not even hard. People just find it confusing because they have no sense of direction and get lost killing same shit over and over. Besides if you haven't spoiled yourself in dark souls 2, you have 1 flask to begin with and you'll probably have 2 for a long time if you don't get lucky. Also having 10 estus flasks on every bonfire in dark souls 1 makes the game extremely easy.
    There's a flask shard in Majula. You can have two flasks within five minutes of the game start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    I feel like DS2 had less BS deaths than DS1. Hardly any enemies sitting next around corners on cliffs, kicking you off as soon as you see them.
    What... never happened to me, but i do remember aldia's keep doors in ds2, the RANDOMSOLEL giant guy stomping you on the door

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    I would hardly call them BS deaths. The first one will catch you off sure just like the first Mimic chest will, but that's just the game saying, "Hey this world is dangerous. Don't go running around like you're invincible or we'll make you regret it."

DS2 has them as well. Perhaps they are more infrequent or easier to avoid, but they're still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I would hardly call them BS deaths. The first one will catch you off sure just like the first Mimic chest will, but that's just the game saying, "Hey this world is dangerous. Don't go running around like you're invincible or we'll make you regret it."

DS2 has them as well. Perhaps they are more infrequent or easier to avoid, but they're still there.
    DS2 also had mimics and if im not mistaken there is no way to identify the difference between the mimic and the real chest whereas in ds1 you can notice the mimic due to the chain positioning of the chest, but there were definately bs deaths like the one I stated above.

I think they let the sudden success go to their heads with Dark Souls 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    DS2 also had mimics and if im not mistaken there is no way to identify the difference between the mimic and the real chest whereas in ds1 you can notice the mimic due to the chain positioning of the chest, but there were definately bs deaths like the one I stated above.
    DS2 Mimics open their mouth a bit and breath. You just look at it for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    didnt realize, that's interesting, do they still sleep with the amulets?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    My theory surrounding the impossible space design flaws in DS2 is that players are not in an actual physical world, but more of another reality that has absorbed different parts and places in time that have been affected by the Undead Curse. Not unlike the Cube in Clive Barker's Jericho (for those that have played it).

But its probably just bad level design. >_<
    Then they just should make a portal hub like in Demon Souls. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Chests are objects that block your camera. Mimics are NPCs that don't block your camera. When you can get the chest between the camera and your character it is a mimic.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Also the mimics are a different model than chests, both a different colour and they have a lock on them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I think they let the sudden success go to their heads with Dark Souls 2.
    Nah, the thing is when from soft finished AotA, they started two new projects.
    The so called B-team went onto doing DaS2, where they also used a new engine, which is why Dark souls 2 gameplay feels mechanically smoother than DaS1(Might not be right on the engine part, but that`s just the general information i`ve picked up, so take it with a grain of salt)

The "A-team" with Miyazaki in front went onto starting bloodborne, with the DaS engine. That`s why DaS2 feels so completely different to DaS when it comes to everything about atmosphere, world and such, because it was a different team.
    That also means Bloodborne is going to feel alot more like DaS and DeS, players like Peeve(Well known DaS player) is already saying the cleric beast is the best fight he have encountered in the entire souls series, and he is saying that without shilling for the game.

Deleted
    I found it far too easy. Still not managed a 0-death run of DS1 despite knowing everything about that game, but my very first playthrough of DS2 yielded 11 deaths, and a fair number of them were because I missed the Emerald Herald and did the Forest, Heide's Tower, the pirate cove and the Lost Bastille at default soul level without Estus Flasks.
    That said, it might be easier because the graphics are nicer, animations are more fluid and enemy movements make a lot more sense. They telegraph a hell of a lot louder, which is both good and bad in terms of game design.

The fights were very unimaginative, the enemies were pretty repetitive and uninspired, and the level design is very contrived. A lot of my friends quit at that 'Now go time travel through some weird doors' shit because that amount of arbitrary backtracking that requires Youtube videos to find the locations of just to fight the same enemies in 3 different rooms pretty much sums up how little effort From's B-team put into the game.
    Still haven't bought any of the DLC for it because of how little I love that game, yet I think I've bought DS1 5 times on Steam just to give copies to friends, just because everybody should play it.

But those lion-warrior dudes in the Shaded Woods were pretty damn cool. Points for those guys.
    Last edited by mmoc75503c8c8b; 2015-01-30 at 10:27 AM.