Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Brackenspore massive Problems

So we are since 3~ Weeks now stuck on Brackenspore Mythic

Our major problem is that the tanks die all the time, often even with Cooldowns and i think some Decays come through.

Could someone please take a look at our logs and tell me what the fuck is going on in our raid?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true

You have a lot of deaths to decay and tanks just not even getting healed.

There are breath deaths yes.. some def could be prevented if your Disc used a PWS + Clarity x2 into tank during breath. Though your tanks need to use something as well.

DK should AMS every breath thats all he needs.

War should use Demo shout for most Breath or call for a Sac when he doesn't and a shield block for the breath(he still melees 3 times during breath).

Quite a few people are dying to waves on some pulls, but interrupts seems to be an issue.

Deleted
    Decays are certainly getting through; a lot of them. It's this simple: decay can never go through - that is the fault of neither tanks (unless they are in the interrupt rotation) nor healers. Clicking on the problems tab shows you a number of things you could work on which I won't go through here. The thing is that whenever mushrooms are not healed, or anyone dies slowly, it would be easy to blame healers but if they're wasting lots of mana on healing up after a decay (which does a lot of damage and should never happen), then it's not necessarily their fault. Similarly, I'm sure I could find lots of niggling things wrong with the tanking and general dps but I'd say it's best to work on the big things first and that is on getting the melee to work out an interrupt rotation which never fails.

Deleted
    We also had this issue with my guild (me being warrior tank) and other tank being DK. We did use CDs for every breath etc but in the end, what made a huge difference, was introducing a third tank, a paladin. The paladin (which has a magic reduction cooldown up for every breath) and the DK tanking Brackenspore. While me, as a warrior tank, manages the add. I would usually have Shield Wall up for last 5-6 stacks, otherwise I would pop Ravager for a 30% increase to parry for 11 sec. When we did this tactic, we killed him in one try (previously we had wiped 100 times).

Deleted
    People died from waves or the popping mushrooms

people are in front of the boss when it casts Necrotic Breath
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&fight=17

People also fail to kick the Decay (your biggest problem apparently)

people are sometimes too far from the healing shrooms
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&fight=15
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&fight=16

people don't move from the creeping moss (bad positionning of the boss or the people with the flamethrower don't do their job correctly)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&fight=19
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=true&fight=23

For your tank problem, make sure that your disc priest casts Clarity of Will on the tanks who is about the get hit by Necrotic Breath + your tank uses a cooldown. Espcially the warrior. The DK should be able to handle it alone or close.

Try to keep the blue shrooms with the highest possible uptime. Make sure that the blue shroom appears on the green one so make sure that your entire raid move as fast as possible on the green shrooms (2nd green and I assume the 4th or 5th, I don't remember).

Deleted
    Thanks so far

Another thing, is it working as intended that our Bloodk sometimes takes melee swings up to 200~k? We sometimes gets like 500k dmg melee in about 3-4 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Thanks so far

Another thing, is it working as intended that our Bloodk sometimes takes melee swings up to 200~k? We sometimes gets like 500k dmg melee in about 3-4 seconds
    It is typical for the Fungal Flesh-Eater to melee for over 200k at high stacks, tanks need cds and a constant stream of heals to survive when the add is 5+ stacks

I would assume that Decay interrupts be the biggest wipe mechanic for the majority of guilds on M Bracken. We spent over 190 wipes trying to drill our melee to fkin interrupt properly...
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Deleted
    Drop a healer for another dps. The add won't get as many stacks + the overhealing is too high at the moment. Also use the green shrooms to their full potential.

Thanks so far

The add hits like a truck towards the end. It should never live past 7 stacks and for 6-7 your DK should be using some cooldowns. Tanking the add with 4 stacks of rot and 7 stacks of the buff of the add is the most damage intensive time for the tank. Timing Death Strikes also really helps because you can do a lot of self healing when the add is hitting that hard.

It was already mentioned but a dk should NEVER die to breath. AMS is up just about every time. If he has to take two breaths in a row then IBF or if that's on cooldown from tanking add Rune Tap can be used. Two Rune Taps in row gives you 6 seconds of 50% dadage reduction which is more than enough. Also remember the boss still melees during breath so with AMS up you will still take damage. I always try to have a Death Strike ready right for the end of breath. Make sure the cooldowns for breath aren't popped too early . There is a cast time for breath so whatever cd is being used needs to be popped right at the end of the cast so it lasts for the whole thing.

As for decay interrupts, a 3 person rotation with 1 ranged backup and 1 melee backup is a really good setup. You need to have a set order and communicate with each other. If you mess up and can't get the next one call for your melee backup. If the add needs to be moved and you are out of range to interrupt call for the ranged backup or for the add tank to do it. There should never be a cast of decay that gets off. It's all about communication.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2015-01-27 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    As for decay interrupts, a 3 person rotation with 1 ranged backup and 1 melee backup is a really good setup. You need to have a set order and communicate with each other. If you mess up and can't get the next one call for your melee backup. If the add needs to be moved and you are out of range to interrupt call for the ranged backup or for the add tank to do it. There should never be a cast of decay that gets off. It's all about communication.
    I agree with your whole post, except this part.

A safer way in my opinion is to use a 2 "team" interrupt system. You want 4 melee, in two teams of 2. First team get cast 1, second team get cast 2. Both members hit their interupt at the same time, so at least one should get them.

Then yes, you need a ranged or two backup for during tides etc, however if the tank moves early enough the melee should be able to stick on the add.

The beauty of a 2 team rotation instead of 3, is that if your interrupt is off CD, you are the next person to interrupt. It makes it VERY clear what the order is. If you have 3 people in a row doing it, it's possible to get out of order by someone pushing their's early.

Deleted
    3 tanking didnt work either, tanks still dying left and right...
    Also people cant kick it seems, every few trys we have a decay commin through
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2015-01-27 at 09:22 PM.

Deleted
    3 tanks just acts as a failsafe but doesn't solve the problem if your tanks are not swapping before they get too many stacks. If communication between your tanks is a problem then adding more in the mix is not going to help.

We use a 2 team rotation on interupts.

Basically Team A + B, each has 2 people who are interupting. First interupt is always the hunter who MD's the add onto the tank, then from then on, Team A gets all evens and Team B gets all odds. If a Decay gets missed, we know who to blame (basically we use 4 melee dps to interupt the big add 100% of the time, so if one of the 2 in the group misses, the 2nd picks it up, and should never be an issue)

Deleted
    If your melee havent learned how to interrupt after 3 weeks you might have to find new ones. There is way more intense interrupting to be done on M Imperator.

I have missed interrupts myself, but thats why you have backups.

Tanks dying.

D priest needs to stop worrying about the Internet on this fight, sit there and shield spam CoW ensure the blue mushrooms are used correctly and raid CDs on spores. We 4 heal 2 tank and the ONlY thing I do is spam CoW on tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
    If your melee havent learned how to interrupt after 3 weeks you might have to find new ones. There is way more intense interrupting to be done on M Imperator.

I have missed interrupts myself, but thats why you have backups.
    I'm not sure. I've never had to interrupt war mages whilst dodging mushrooms and waves (maybe orbs a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Tanks dying.

D priest needs to stop worrying about the Internet on this fight, sit there and shield spam CoW ensure the blue mushrooms are used correctly and raid CDs on spores. We 4 heal 2 tank and the ONlY thing I do is spam CoW on tanks.
    Since the change to Clarity of Will, it's not worth it to put the disc priest on the blue mushroom.

It used to cap at 50% of the target's health, now it is 75% of the priest health, so it's a LOT less effective on mushrooms. It fact they nerfed it probably because of that.

3 tank Definitely helps - Not having Rot stacks (30-40k dps on the tank) while ALSO tanking the big add makes big-add tank healing MUCH easier.
    This fight is 3tank, 5healable without hitting berserk, it's just very long.

If you are getting 7-8 stacks (with 3tank/5heal) on the big add, your dps is too low.
    If people are getting hit by the wave, or the bad shroom stuff on the ground exploding, they are holding you back.
    If your healers can't heal the green shroom up ONLY 2-4 seconds before Infesting spores, keeping it up through spores until the dot fades, and then letting it die, they are doing it wrong.

Have a ret paladin?(or holy if you dont have one) use Purity on the boss tank every breath. Life. SAVER.

Blueshroom
    - Have 3+ paladins? Setup a LOH rotation on the blue shroom. (Prot1, Ret2, Holy3) #'s = Blue shroom #.
    - MAKE SURE you have weakauras for being *in the shroom* .. The effect is actually TWO TIMES bigger then the graphic implies. You can EASILY be in both shrooms at once alot of the time.

Decay - Like someone above said. 2 teams of 2 interrupters. First interupt is handled by the tank picking it up AND the hunter MDing.
    A mage is assigned to interrupt the next decay any time there is a bad movement forced by a wave.

Sporeshooters
    - your boomkin (if you have one) should be doing 55k+ dmg by 6 minutes in as a flamethrower user.. with extremely good damage to sporeshooters via dots+Starfall.
    - Avoid having more then 6 melee for the fight (3 tanks, 4 interupters, +2 additional melee. Max.) You need enough ranged to be able to kill spore shooters effectively. Melee need to focus on the Big add. Having melee run all over the place trying to kill spore shooters WILL cause problems.

Good luck.