Salvage crates in 6.1

Hey!

I've read some changes about the crates in 6.1, something about followers ilvl upgrades. (can't remember what they were tho)

So.. is it worth saving all the crates for 6.1 or open them before?
    Is the change good or bad with 6.1?

Deleted
    Crates just wont contain the direct 615, 630 and 645 upgrades anymore.. but if you've been storing them, you wont actually need it anymore. Also War Mill will keep providing you with said direct upgrades.

I think it's changing to 1 piece of lewt per crate.

If that is right Id say open them all now, take a risk to get multiple x mog items,

This seems like a really strange move on blizzard's part.

After this, Bunker/War Mill and the odd mission will be the only way to gear up followers.

This just ends up making the Bunker/Mill necessary. It also makes the Salvage yard seem a lot less useful.

As it stands right now you could go with either and still get upgrades. Soon it'll be Bunker or bust.

Thanks for the choices Blizzard. Once again you end up making them for us.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Salvage yard still drops the +3/+6/+9 items, just not the 615/630/645 sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really need the 615 stuff any longer; have a couple of followers that could use the 630, a few more for the 645. A lot of people have their 25 fully raised up or past the point where 615/630 is going to be helpful so it makes sense to get +3/+6/+9 items now. Especially with the gear cap going up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Don't really need the 615 stuff any longer; have a couple of followers that could use the 630, a few more for the 645. A lot of people have their 25 fully raised up or past the point where 615/630 is going to be helpful so it makes sense to get +3/+6/+9 items now. Especially with the gear cap going up.
    Yep. If it weren't for the lack of weapon enhancements I get I'd have pretty much fully capped my 25 best followers. I have a 20 stack of each 615 upgrade and a good few of both 630's. I have absolutely zero interest in these items any longer.

With the new way this works (every lvl 3 salvage crate drops a follower item) it's going to be FAR easier to upgrade for people then it was before this, especially with the new Bunker quest for guaranteed item once a day as well.

My plan is to save up pretty much all my crates starting a week or 2-3 in advance of the patch dropping so I can get a good bunch of follower items from opening my crate on patch day and immediately make all my most important followers 660, and hopefully 675.

If the crates for some reason are dated and won't drop follower items when opened after the patch I'd still get whatever I would have gotten before the patch, so there's absolutely zero downside to saving up crates before the patch I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Kinda screws alts/new players though. Without the 615, 630, 645 gear they're going to have a much harder time to gear their followers up. Unless they've added more missions to get the items or ramped up the odds of getting them with the war mill it seems very short sighted. Another change I would like to see for altoholics is making the upgrade gear BOA. That would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    (every lvl 3 salvage crate drops a follower item)
    Oh. Right. Didn't know about that change. I thought by 1 piece it was 1 piece of trash or follower item and not guaranteed follower item. I'll stfu now Xd
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Will the drop chance on +3 +6 +9 be increased? Otherwise should open shit now for chance on 645s at least.

If only they'd make them account or not soul bound. Still too much soul bound in wow.

where as i have 40 of each, and every single follower upgrade bar Setpakku and the Orb from the Main Garrison misisons COmpletion, where i have only 1 of each of them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Considering i have a collection of about 50 615 item upgrades, im pretty happy with this change, was getting way to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Kinda screws alts/new players though. Without the 615, 630, 645 gear they're going to have a much harder time to gear their followers up. Unless they've added more missions to get the items or ramped up the odds of getting them with the war mill it seems very short sighted. Another change I would like to see for altoholics is making the upgrade gear BOA. That would be nice.
    ^ This - most of the people replying in this thread must not play alts...or have already leveled their (one) alt and have no plans for future alts, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. Right. Didn't know about that change. I thought by 1 piece it was 1 piece of trash or follower item and not guaranteed follower item. I'll stfu now Xd
    They probably took a look at numbers of players that "gear up" followers and found out that most players don't care on their alts. Besides patch after 6.1 they will likely combine followers across accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't know about that change because that change doesn't exist. There is no guaranteed drop.