Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with others, Apexis is the new currency and dungeons should definitely provide some. The fact that dungeons didn't even provide Garrison Resources to begin with shows how near-sighted they are about incentives.

Apexis gear is far too costly at the moment to be a good replacement for Valor/Justice. Half of current prices would still make it very grindy, even if dungeons started dropping them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valor shouldn't exist, but justice should. Getting valor quality gear should be tied to raid reps, and require a few weeks of trash clearing before the first items unlock for gold or some kind of island currency. Justice should be there for last tier gear and vanity items/heirlooms. So in 4-5 months when Tier 18 opens, tier 17 in between normal and heroic gear would be available. Probably item level 670. People who hated lfr could farm dungeons for gear instead of doing the new lfr.

One of the few things I liked about WildStar was the fact that you could buy gear that dropped from raid bosses (selected pieces, not every item was available), but only AFTER you had actually cleared that boss. This made it a good - but not necessary - thing to still run dungeons or do dailies to get Elder Gems (WildStar's Valor Points for those not familiar with it).

Apexis Crystal gear is cool, but I would have rather had dungeon gear that is upgradeable or a system to upgrade ANY 630 item with Apexis Crystals, not just the one piece for every armor type - which leaves specs that gear is badly itemized for out in the cold. That being said, I would also have rather had the choice (much like the bonus rep in MoP) to get bonus Apexis, Gold, OR Garrison Resources from my first Heroic of the day. Promoting the garrison is a good thing, but, in my opinion, they should also be promoting their new currency: Apexis Crystals, which has made players more apt to repeat daily assault quests from their garrisons than the Heroic dungeons. Even with that, I don't know of one raider who bought Apexis gear to fill in slots pre-raid or even to buy a piece to upgrade later.

It kinda makes me sad that Blizz just dropped scenarios save for a few single-player phased quests in WoD, and now they are doing little to promote running the small group content at all (yeah, yeah, Challenge Modes, but that's a whole other beast). I think we do need some kind of reward in place that's a little more valuable than 50 garrison resources once a day. Perhaps they have something in the pipe for 6.2 or whenever the next raid tier comes out that they plan on adding to give us more reason to run them? We didn't get upgrades in MoP right off the bat, so perhaps they are waiting to let us do item upgrades until we have at least a tier out this expansion? Well, I can dream...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apexis and I'd go every day.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If only to act as a counter to HP/CP like they used to.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    No. Just no.

I absolutely -love- not having to valor cap my 5 charas I care about to get the best possible upgrades/whatever. It felt more like a horrible chore ("crap still gotta VP cap shammy" etc etc).
    Good riddance, VP/JP leaving the game was one of the best things that happened imo :P Another is being able to buy extra rolls for gold, absolutely hated farming charms on alts while main had a billion of them by default. My alts are short on resources and I can't be bothered to farm anything so nothing was more welcome than buying the rolls for gold. Gotta use that gold on something anyway!

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they're called apexis crystals now and yes dungeons should yield tons of them
    Gonna agree with this, along with a new vendor in ashran that sells heirlooms for apexis crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem-chan View Post
    No. Just no.

I absolutely -love- not having to valor cap my 5 charas I care about to get the best possible upgrades/whatever. It felt more like a horrible chore ("crap still gotta VP cap shammy" etc etc).
    Good riddance, VP/JP leaving the game was one of the best things that happened imo :P Another is being able to buy extra rolls for gold, absolutely hated farming charms on alts while main had a billion of them by default. My alts are short on resources and I can't be bothered to farm anything so nothing was more welcome than buying the rolls for gold. Gotta use that gold on something anyway!
    I hated that too. Maybe at the start of an expansion VP farming through 5 man heroics can work but if you are still spamming heroics a year later with 80 ilvls higher gear than needed it's simply shit. And then have a cap put on it so you are forced to farm in periods. Oh, and then they make all the farming you did worthless by introducing new gear and let you get that new gear again with VP so you can do it all over again.