Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Yet another Mythic Butcher help request thread [Warcraft Logs]

Good afternoon, everyone! I've noticed that some other guilds are getting fantastic advice in other threads like this, so I thought I'd throw my guild's logs out here for consideration. We've been working on Mythic Butcher for the last couple of nights, and we're very close (sub-10% frequently; best attempt was around 7-8% before he wiped out the raid). We need some assistance in wringing out that little bit of extra DPS during this encounter to push us over the edge. I appreciate any and all feedback!

Here is a link to last night's logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2VmwLQKnyA78aj6M

Thank you so much for your insights and your time.

You are losing people to the cleave, either your healers are not doing their job, either you don't have enough people soaking it. From yours logs I see 5 people taking the cleave every time, we did it with 6.

You are also about 50k dps behind the requirement for this fight as a group, which is 500k DPS.

A lot of the "problems" in this raid are very easily summarized in the problems tab in WCL.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1706&wipes=1

You can see healthstones not being used (one issue), pre-potions and potion use is spotty at best, with some raiders not even able to be fucked potting once the entire encounter (another issue). You can see the tanks occasionally taking Cleaver damage (not frequently enough to be the sole reason you're wiping but certainly doesn't help). In general, it looks like healing is okayish (if you're making it to the enrage, you're doing something right there), but really, the problem is mostly lazy, shitty DPS. Generally speaking, if you have a 670 or higher ilvl, you should be able to pull 30k DPS. You have 2 DPS Warriors, a Hunter and a SPriest who are effectively holding your entire raid back because they can't press buttons. There isn't a whole lot we can say other than replace under performing DPS or talk to the raid about using potions and not sucking at the game.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You are losing people to the cleave, either your healers are not doing their job, either you don't have enough people soaking it. From yours logs I see 5 people taking the cleave every time, we did it with 6.

You are also about 50k dps behind the requirement for this fight as a group, which is 500k DPS.
    Thanks, Spotnik. We'll take a look at having more soak the cleave tonight. We're aware that we're just short of the DPS requirement, so we're hoping to tighten up the strategy and eek out more DPS to push it over the top. That might be a pipe dream, but we'll see how it goes.