US vs SD vs HR for prot

hey guys! so I play a prot warrior, I was wondering If it was worth to use US on 2+ target fights for the DPS increase (only Using HS at 4+ stacks). if doing this method would you have enough rage for the same usage of blocks and barriers to still mitigate the necessary damage to stay alive? also if taking HR do you guys line your shield block usage with shield slam off CD?

lets look at twins, If you take HR isnt that a dps loss because on multi target fights you prio revenge over SS because of its cleve? so in that sense US would be a increase if you can manage the buff right (along with take the glyph).

two more questions, if US is better, does anyone have a weakaura for showing the stacks? and how much dps should a warrior at 671 ilvl with normal butcher wepon be putting out while still using active mitigation. I pull 20-22k but I see some warrior pulling 25k+ even on single target.

Thanks guys!

I tend to go with HR simply for the fact that it is easier to manage. You will always be getting in shield slams during a shield block window. US is a DPS increase, but it is harder to manage and if you're paying more attention to that, chances are your mitigation will go down (no one is perfect).

I use SD for farm content, HR for progression since I'm using sblock a ton. I hate the way US works and feel like a rogue spamming sinister strike when I use it.

Deleted
    For dps: US>SD>HR and this rule applies for both single target aswell as aoe.

For defense: HR>SD>US

In general I highly recommend sudden death as it brings a balanced output and you will perform very well. Heavy repercussion is underperforming atm because revenge beats shield slam in both damage and rage income as your parrys will reset revenge. Sudden death executes are prioritized such as revenge>shield slam>execute on both single target and aoe.

If you pull 22k single target dps you are doing very well.

revenge doesn't beat shield slam for rage income GCD for GCD. revenge is always 20 rage. shield slam is 20 + enrage proc (10) + sword and board proc (5)

dWZ4oaGEfsTlsfABkLMjOqmxsrZMIFd5MKk1TPIVrL0Pb2Ps1Er7gQ9lu6NuLggPqJtHY5jLgkPIgScXWbvhur6Yso gvQZbkTqf1sfQwScA5I6HkK8uvlJuvRJub9CPMkLMmitN4IGcPRsL4zkfxxKnsQKtQaBwi2oOq1Jf8vqrtJQ47cf)L Q6Zkz0KQmEsf4sGcUfPGRPiUNcvhcuOCysETqA6MwEfTu4BE91rnQJWQJWY7WdXdrlVoWBKiDjuxAWJRJnrJEgBSnE 03vx346wgrdE2YR1BKiDjuxAyYw9HDY2X0FYMTJb7yt2YiAWdS85AbqyRw4f)kJsW5lDaCfgQG4q(Umr0jcGf(zVwR xDdJaJQllVccciaewz8LmyTQCtlfEaeVlyTGYabWRyh5sgeTAECYXMbRvLBU7M3Guq0YN6YpyuDZl5uXNrMIwENKra 0sHcVOmfwOL3jzeaTuOWNvHIwENKra0sHcFWO6Mw(gGxMIhMtJhFG34uOqHpql3DtlFazqzA5UhQRT6dRh3t0392jU QVg1OREyenmzcfEjdwRktlFaLWIx4vwjOm)4JZJvovtl3DZ7cwlOmqa8k2rUKbrRMcFi1cYXxpauXlaNcIp11OqjSW z(akHfE3u4nifeT8IYuyHw(gGxMI7WY7KmcGwku4dgv30Y3a8Yu8WCA84d8gNcFQlFrzkSWz(ux(bJQBoZNvHIwENK ra0sHcFQl)gEf4mFgzkA5Dsgbqlfk8PU8diNHkHZ8n8kqlFdWltX9nuOWhbHLdgDXD3E4HanCJs7fviAZddDSJ0Ike LpxlacB1cV4bbeMVfviARteal8ZETwV6MxLeehYRGGacaHvgFjdwRk30sHhaX7YDZJto2myTQCZD38qGgUrPDqaH5h GLkhrfknheq4wZPdbgGO1poALk)PodtTE8beYaHIbZzkCxFA5didktl39qDnzJBx9aRNXMSvF9142TBzenmXdfEjdw RktlFaLWIx4vwjOm)4JZJvovtl3DZ7cwlOmqa8k2rUKbrRMcFi1cYXxpauXlaNcIp11OqjSWz(akHfE9PWBqkiA5fL PWcT8naVmf3HL3jzeaTuOWhmQUPLVb4LP4H504Xh4nof(ux(IYuyHZ8PU8dgv3CMpJmfT8ojJaOLcf(ux(n8kWz(Sk u0Y7KmcGwku4tD5hqodvcN5B4vGw(gGxMI7BOqHpcclhm6I7U9WdbA4gL2lQq0Mhg6yhPfviAZNRfaHTAHx8GacZhq idekgmN5vjbXH8kiiGaqyLXxYG1QYnTu4bq8UC95XjhBgSwvU5UBEiqd3O0oiGW8dWsLJOcLMdciCR50Hadq06hhTs L)uNHPwp(wuHOToraSWp71A9QBkCFdT8bKbLPL7EOUC1ZyUcRg3629MnJn2KjByenmXdfEjdwRktlFaLWIx4vwjOm) 4JZJvovtl3DZ7cwlOmqa8k2rUKbrRMcFi1cYXxpauXlaNcIp11OqjSWz(akHf(nu4nifeT8IYuyHw(gGxMI7WY7Kmc Gwku4dgv30Y3a8Yu8WCA84d8gNcFQlFrzkSWz(ux(bJQBoZNvHIwENKra0sHcFQl)gEf4mFgzkA5Dsgbqlfk8PU8di NHkHZ8n8kqlFdWltX9nuOWhbHLdgDXD3E4HanCJs7fviAZddDSJ0IkeT5Z1cGWwTWlEqaH5BrfI26ebWc)SxR1RU5v jbXH8kiiGaqyLXxYG1QYnTu4bq8U8n84KJndwRk3C3npeOHBuAheqy(byPYruHsZbbeU1C6qGbiA9JJwPYFQZWuRhF aHmqOyWCMc39qlFazqzA5UhQlpUQVg3UXv91iSUUbw93ogJOHjBOWlzWAvzA5dOew8cVYkbL5hFCESYPAA5UBExWAb LbcGxXoYLmiA1u4dPwqo(6bGkEb4uq8PUgfkHfoZhqjSW7HcVbPGOLxuMcl0Y3a8YuChwENKra0sHcFWO6Mw(gGxMI hMtJhFG34u4tD5lktHfoZN6YpyuDZz(mYu0Y7KmcGwku4tD53WRaN5ZQqrlVtYiaAPqHp1LFa5mujCMVHxbA5BaEzk UVHcf(iiSCWOlU72dpeOHBuAVOcrBEyOJDKwuHOnFUwae2QfEXdcimFaHmqOyWCMxLeehYRGGacaHvgFjdwRk30sHh aX7Y9WJto2myTQCZD38qGgUrPDqaH5hGLkhrfknheq4wZPdbgGO1poALk)PodtTE8TOcrBDIayHF2R16v3u4(eA5di dktl39qDTDY2jEC11jW66yBGDZeyzenmzdfEjdwRktlFaLWIx4vwjOm)4JZJvovtl3DZ7cwlOmqa8k2rUKbrRMcFi1 cYXxpauXlaNcIp11OqjSWz(akHf(ju4nifeT8IYuyHw(gGxMI7WY7KmcGwku4dgv30Y3a8Yu8WCA84d8gNcFQlFrzk SWz(ux(bJQBoZNvHIwENKra0sHcFQl)gEf4mFgzkA5Dsgbqlfk8PU8diNHkHZ8n8kqlFdWltX9nuOWhbHLdgDXD3E4 HanCJs7fviAZddDSJ0IkeT5Z1cGWwTWlEqaH5BrfI26ebWc)SxR1RU5vjbXH8kiiGaqyLXxYG1QYnTu4bq8U8j84KJ ndwRk3C3npeOHBuAheqy(byPYruHsZbbeU1C6qGbiA9JJwPYFQZWuRhFaHmqOyWCMc33slVKbRvLPLpGsyXl8kReuM F8X5XkNQPL7U5DbRfugiaEf7ixYGOvtHpKAb54RhaQ4fGtbXN6AuOew4mFaLWc)wk8gKcIwErzkSqlFdWltXDy5Dsg bqlfk8bJQBA5BaEzkEyonE8bEJtHp1LVOmfw4mFQl)Gr1nN5ZitrlVtYiaAPqHp1LFdVcCMpRcfT8ojJaOLcf(ux(b KZqLWz(gEfOLVb4LP4(gku4JGWYbJU4UBp8qGgUrP9IkeT5HHo2rArfI2Wy85AbqyRw4fpiGW8beYaHIbZzEvsqCiV ccciaewz8LmyTQCtlfEaeVlFlpo5yZG1QYn3DZRccaHBA5BrLfA5Hq(ldkgoZVmOy8JKvofpmlv0PPSQ1HU8T8ldkg FvqaimFRhkgk8rayqRhT8qi)LbfdN5Hq(nkHH4m)YGIXpsw5u8WSurNMYQwh6Y3Y3OegIFawQCevO0Ckeec3AcZsfD AkRAn1jkMkpnLvTUliGsZJsyOwt9kvwgwkrhrRf)YGIXxfeacZRhaQOqHhc0WnkTdcim)aSu5iQqP5Gac3AoDiWaeT (XrRu5p1zyQ1JVfviARteal8ZETwV6McfEyCU72J(AKcja
    Unyielding Strikes WA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starriol View Post
    Unyielding Strikes WA
    decompression error.

Its bwecause of line breaks when you quote it like that. Here is a working pastebin: pastebin / W2yemadc

(not allowed to post links)

Quote Originally Posted by Dexyn-eu View Post
    revenge beats shield slam in both damage and rage income as your parrys will reset revenge.
    Do you have a source for this. I keep reading it everywhere but haven't seen any supporting math. All Sims I run suggest the opposite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by booi View Post
    Do you have a source for this. I keep reading it everywhere but haven't seen any supporting math. All Sims I run suggest the opposite.
    The source is common fucking sense.
    Something that should be renamed to "uncommon sense", because of how fucking rare it is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Starriol View Post
    Unyielding Strikes WA
    Thanks for that.

If you count damage per global Revenge does hit harder than Shield Slam currently, at least without the HR. When it comes to rage, Shield slam and Revenge generate the same amount of rage per global baseline, but Shield Slam also generate an additional 0.1 rage per % of crit you have from enrage. This mainly goes for single target, against multiple targets Revenge has the added benefit that it resets from Parrys, meaning that if you don't use it on CD you run a high risk that you'll waste a refresh on it.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you count damage per global Revenge does hit harder than Shield Slam currently, at least without the HR. When it comes to rage, Shield slam and Revenge generate the same amount of rage per global baseline, but Shield Slam also generate an additional 0.1 rage per % of crit you have from enrage. This mainly goes for single target, against multiple targets Revenge has the added benefit that it resets from Parrys, meaning that if you don't use it on CD you run a high risk that you'll waste a refresh on it.

You're also ignoring damage from ultimatum procs....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    The source is common fucking sense.
    Something that should be renamed to "uncommon sense", because of how fucking rare it is nowadays.
    Tooltip value ignores enrages and ult procs. Maybe I'm missing something. I just don't see how revenge comes out ahead on either metric.

True. My gut feeling is the same as they where before these buffs came out, on single target SS>Rev>, and on multi target Rev>SS. Not sure what the exact amount of targets are needed for Rev to be stronger than SS for rage income, but at some point the parry reset pushes Rev ahead of SS.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Not sure what the exact amount of targets are needed for Rev to be stronger than SS for rage income, but at some point the parry reset pushes Rev ahead of SS.
    At face value that sounds correct, but the reason it isn't is because even if you could hit revenge every GCD, you would still be better off (in terms of rps) hitting shield slam over revenge because you have the extra chance at the enrage proc.

6 seconds (no haste)
    R > R > R > R
    will generate less rage than
    S > R > R > R

don't get me wrong though,
    i'd hit revenge every time too.

- - - Updated - - -

just in case people are apprehensive about sim results, i recreated the two markov transition matrices for both SS>R and R>SS to generate the rage per gcd.

These are a function of the probability that a revenge proc occured during the last gcd.
    results are rage per gcd

until someone else can throw up something, and while my spreadsheet matches the sim, i'm going to keep pushing shield slam over revenge.
    Last edited by booi; 2015-02-01 at 12:10 AM.