Arms - Mastery or Crit Enchants?

As the title says, is it better go to Mastery or Crit enchants now with the buff then nerf (but still technically a buff) of mastery for arms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crit until 30% buffed (PvE).

Can someone post a little more detail about this? I tried asking the same question in the Arms guide thread. Specifically I want to know if it might allow you to keep up with Fury in ST and still outperform it in AOE as well without ever switching specs (which isn't an ideal situation I realize, but some people don't have two good weapons).

I get that Crit is very good for us, but isn't it true that on single target Mastery becomes better than Crit? I'm seeing some of the best Arms Warriors on my server switching to Mastery enchants and Mark of the Bleeding Hollow on weapon so it makes me wonder if it might be worth trying. I definitely prefer Arms myself but I want to improve my ST DPS.

I was wondering the same thing. I simmed my char the other day and according to simc my stat weights are crit > ms > vers > haste = mastery.

Mastery is marginally better on 1-2 targets, but Crit starts to skyrocket (rather, mastery starts to plummet) from 3+. Basically, the amount of damage you lose from going crit on 1-2 target fights is very minimal compared to the damage you'd lose going mastery on 3+ target fights.

Short answer: crit>mastery
    Last edited by Smittzz; 2015-01-29 at 11:08 PM.
    Warrior - Smittzz
    Rogue - Smittzzy
    Death Knight - Smittsy

I'm 573 right now and my sims show mastery as top for ST and last for 3+ targets. Which makes it frustrating trying to stack stats. Crit is 2nd for both aoe and ST for mine so I've just been enchanting crit for convience. Until we can actually get ST and aoe sets its just easier to go with crit.

Deleted
    u can try go full crit and mark of bleeding hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post
    I find this to be the right way to go personally. It works well for swapping to fury as well as crit is the best way to gear for fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmlskilles View Post
    TBH, if you would want to mix enchants, then Mark of Thunderlord + Mastery Gems/Enchants would be the much better choice, since Mark of thunderlord has a higher uptime than Mark of Bleeding Hollow.

I simmed my warrior yesterday and on ST it showed both Crit and Multistrike ahead of Mastery on ST. Try simming your character to see which is best

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADner/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Libertiner View Post
    I simmed my warrior yesterday and on ST it showed both Crit and Multistrike ahead of Mastery on ST. Try simming your character to see which is best

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ADner/advanced
    That's going to change when you get the 2-set. For me mastery is ahead of the other stats by roughly 25%. That being said, I'm not going to re-enchant mastery and gain 2-3% dps singletarget and lose 6-7% on cleave fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertiner View Post
    Replace TfB with SD and BS with BB and sim again you get crit>mastery>multi>haste>versa