7+ Year Old Account

Gametrailers Game of the Year

I still cannot believe that it won game of the year. I like the game and all but... Game of the Year? I am probably in the wrong place for this position but does anybody else think that's a bit much?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...84607526,d.eXY
    Last edited by TeamSASA; 2015-01-29 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSASA View Post
    I still cannot believe that it won game of the year. I like the game and all but... Game of the Year? I am probably in the wrong place for this position but does anybody else think that's a bit much?
    It's done very well since launch. It's probably my most watched game on Twitch and has picked up quite a large following very quickly. It's also been a game that I have played consistently since I started a year ago

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    It's done very well since launch. It's probably my most watched game on Twitch and has picked up quite a large following very quickly. It's also been a game that I have played consistently since I started a year ago
    That is true. I have put a lot of good games down but not Hearthstone. Guess ya got a point there! Ya know, if Square Enix made the Terra Master game from the FF series, specifically, IX, I'd play the stuff out of that game!

Such lists are of course completely subjective.

I will say Hearthstone is probably the biggest surprise success. Who would've thought a little MTG-style card game would take off like it has?

Remember when it was announced at Blizzcon? "A CARD GAME WTF!!!??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I like the game and I still play it a lot, but I wouldn't call it GOTY material. There are just way too many AAA games that are far better. I'd vote it for best mobile game though.

Deleted
    A massive success on pc's and mobile devices. Consistently viewed and played throughout the year. Regularly updated with substantial updates (so far).

A good development team behind the game, keeping a good eye on balance. Oh and lastly, a good push into the esports scene.

Hearthstone is fantastic and blew any game out of the water in terms of what it brings to the gaming community.

Blizzard's #1 product.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    how many "game of the year" awards exists every year?
    which one is the most significant?

i have hard time to take any "game of the year" awards serieously when it seems any media, journal or even internet personality can create their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    A massive success on pc's and mobile devices. Consistently viewed and played throughout the year. Regularly updated with substantial updates (so far).

A good development team behind the game, keeping a good eye on balance. Oh and lastly, a good push into the esports scene.

Hearthstone is fantastic and blew any game out of the water in terms of what it brings to the gaming community.
    while HS was very succesful (which, honestly, was expected, given its a BLIZZARDs game with very little serious competition in the genre, its gonna be different story with HotS), I really dont see how the other points even enter the picture. twitch and "esports" now dictate if the game is good? are you DQing all the singleplayer games from the competition? regularly upgraded? dunno, game had one small and one normal sized updates during the year, which is less than other similar games. keeping an eye on the balance? if you mean taking months and months to adjust problematic cards, sure... oh yeah, warsong commander being bugged for like 2 months, minion swapping was bugged for months, too, game didnt have recconect for quite a while...

maybe best mobile game or possibly best f2p game, but game of the year? for relatively simplistic card game? I dont even see what it brough the the general gaming community...

As someone that folows GT and their created content, it was obvious Hearthstone was going to win.
    At least 2 on their team love that game to death, and are always excited when talking about it.
    You also hear others saying how much fun they are having.
    Your you're own enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's my game of the year.