Thread: JC or Salvage

JC or Salvage

So first I need to say I have 7 chars above level 90. The daily management of looting and opening crates is kind of a pain.
    Other than the rare blue its mostly green crap that just gets vendored anyway.

I was thinking of putting up multiple jewelcrafting buildings for the easy 200g daily quest.

Has anyone else done this?

Seems to be an easy 200g each day

Why not both? Im running both on 6 chars, opening chests once in a while

The major difference is JC is very resource demanding at times. I flat out stopped doing it because it was causing more ores than I was willing to farm.

Sure, if you want to buy them though which would probably turn out as an investment overall, I'd rather just stick with being cheap and opening crates for free.

That being said though, why not both if you're going strictly for money?

Deleted
    chests have a chance of a BOE epic, Got a Trinket from one that I shifted for 12k a couple of days a go, so salvage is worth it. if you have enough chars you can have all the professions on alts with a salvage yard on each too. all you need to do is spend one day opening boxes you collect through the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The major difference is JC is very resource demanding at times. I flat out stopped doing it because it was causing more ores than I was willing to farm.
    Yeah, I only do the quests that require 20 resources. The quests that cost 120 of one ore type for the same 200ish gold reward were just not worth it.

If you have a crap ton of resources it might be worth trying, but unless you're running the mine every day on every character (ugh) you'll likely deplete your stockpiles over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both. I've never really counted it up but with a good salvage yard and enough followers at 100 you'll often more than the JC reward with vendoring things. On a single character basis, I've never even come close to running out of ore when doing the daily that requires more ore. I do the mine once a day though.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I have both. Ever since they made salvage boxes stack, it doesn't need to be a daily opening of them. You can just save up a few stacks at a time over a few days, then open them all at once.