Best alliance race racial-wise?

Going to be changing from horde to alliance and can't decide between dwarf, gnome or worgen.

human is the best racial of all

10+ Year Old Account
    Best racial alliance side? Human. Super useful in PvP, somewhat in PvE.
    No other racial in the game holds a candle to Humans.

If anything, pick what race looks good to you. Gnomes won't show transmog well,
    you can barely see their shoulders. Worgen make that godawful sniffing sound all the time.
    Dwarves, well their dwarves. If you go that way, pick Female. You will be the most popular
    player in town during holiday events. Good luck, it's a fun choice.

dwarf imo would be the best of the 3. their passive racials got a nice buff for WOD and removing all types of DOTs, etc and immunity for 8 sec is priceless.

some HU rogues have switched to dwarf because of the this when it comes to PVP, the racial basicly is the same as having another cloak of shadows, and enables returning to stealth faster, but a priest or any class being able to drop undo all DOTs, bleeds, poisons, etc. is rather nice

as a priest the gnome racial is really suited towards melee players, the worgen sprint is good, but overall not needed for a priest imo.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2015-01-30 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    Between those three? Dwarf, absolutely. If you're open to other races, pick Human. Their racials are that tiny little .00001% better that every min/max'er will want =P

Dat darkflight tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    If you're open to other races, pick Human. Their racials are that tiny little .00001% better that every min/max'er will want =P
    wowwiki/Racial_trait says that their racials are only versatility, rep gain, pvp trinket. How is that better than 1% crit or 2% crit effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Havinagiggle View Post
    wowwiki/Racial_trait says that their racials are only versatility, rep gain, pvp trinket. How is that better than 1% crit or 2% crit effect?
    I personally like the dwarf racial. That DoT clearing is really sexy in a pinch. That said, racial throughput traits sim so close on average (trust me, this has been discussed thoroughly) that the real difference between races are things like stoneform, EMFH and darkflight and not the stat bonuses.

Deleted
    Night Elf ftw! Will save you a ton of money on repair bills

Spectral Guise > Shadowmeld

Deleted
    Nightelf gets 1% Haste, Dorfs get the extra % on crit heals, but Stoneform has great uses in PvE, although it wont remove bleeds(cuz too op) the damage reduc is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Dat darkflight tho.
    Tbh I'd say go with worgen, if you're going purely based off of racials. Movement speed burst off the GCD will be much more useful than anything else. That said, just go with whichever animations you like best. The +1% to X stat is generally worthless (and tbh at this point needs to be removed), and you're gonna hate looking at a shitty model/animations for hours on end.

Pink pigtails female gnome

master race

NE shadowmeld :P It's the only reason why I haven't race changed to gnome.. Human with their diplomacy and Every man for them self is prob the best though

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pink pigtails female gnome

master race
    Well, of course I've assumed "other than draenei which is super awesome and sexy", just for the sake of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Well, of course I've assumed "other than draenei which is super awesome and sexy", just for the sake of discussion.
    I was originally fem Draenei, but after their +hit racial got nerfed, I switched to gnome for the +5% int.

Now that the max mana gain is negligible, I might reroll panda for stat food buff. and because they're sexier than draenei

Deleted
    Gnome is the master race

Deleted
    Like others have said, just go with looks unless you're looking for something very specific or optimized.

If I were to change from my Night Elf (female) it'd be to Dwarf male because