Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Moonkin - BiS and Stat priority

Hi,

i would like to discuss some thoughts about the upcoming content and which gear & stats should be chosen.

I simulated some gear (Mythic Blackrock Foundry) and it seems that Boomkins scale like Haste>Mastery>Crit
    Does it mean that Mythic Blackrock Foundry gear should be primarly picked by that stat and all enchants should be haste?
    Simulations by simcraft itself simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html #player6" (Raid T17M) sets Boomkins on full crit.

I thought sticking with mastery like now is the way to go (did i miss stat-"breakpoints").

I am quite unsure right now

Please let me know about your thoughts

My Calculated Scale Factors:
    Weights : Int=6.44(0.09) SP=5.74(0.09) Crit=3.76(0.09) Haste=4.30(0.09) Mastery=3.96(0.09) Mult=3.61(0.09) Vers=3.21(0.09)
    Gear

head=living_wood_headpiece,id=115542,bonus_id=567
    neck=Gruuls_lip_ring,id=113872,bonus_id=567,
    shoulders=living_wood_spaulders,id=115544,bonus_id=567
    back=runefrenzy_greatcloak,id=113937,bonus_id=567,
    chest=living_wood_raiment,id=115540,bonus_id=567
    tabard=guild_tabard,id=5976
    wrists=squires_electroplated_bracers,id=113962,bonus_id=567
    hands=cannonball_loaders_grips,id=113949,bonus_id=567
    waist=conductors_multi_pocket_girdle,id=113964,bonus_id=567
    legs=living_wood_legguards,id=115543,bonus_id=567
    feet=treads_of_the_dark_hunt,id=113974,bonus_id=567
    finger1=ukuroggs_corrupted_seal,id=113975,bonus_id=567
    finger2=spellbound_solium_band_of_the_kirin_tor,id=118301
    trinket1=goren_soul_repository,id=119194,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=darmacs_unstable_talisman,id=113948,bonus_id=567
    main_hand=blackhand_doomstaff,id=113988,bonus_id=567

Deleted
    I would also like to know this... but so far I am following this priority and it works:

stack Mastery.... Haste, Crit and Multi is good... avoid versitality (only on legendary ring)

Deleted
    The only reason haste is simming higher than mastery or maybe crit is because the sim is based on a patchwerk fight. In the real world there will be very few instances where we will be standing still the whole fight. And yes, while haste does affect DoTs it is still not as well rounded as mastery when there is movement. So I say we will be still stacking mastery.

Deleted
    Ok, i did a Scaling calc on a HelterSkelter fight and here we go again....

Mastery > Crit = Haste > Multi

Scale Factors with SotF / Euph:
    Weights : Int=5.74(0.08) SP=5.17(0.08) Crit=3.44(0.08) Haste=3.44(0.08) Mastery=3.51(0.08) Mult=3.23(0.08) Vers=2.88(0.08) Speed=0.28(0.08)

Crit = Haste = Mastery > Multi

Scale Factors with inc / Euph:
    Weights : Int=5.63(0.08) SP=5.02(0.08) Crit=3.43(0.08) Haste=3.41(0.08) Mastery=3.38(0.08) Mult=3.16(0.08) Vers=2.80(0.08) Speed=0.29(0.08)

There u go -.^
    Last edited by mmoccb6f520851; 2015-01-30 at 05:08 PM. Reason: update

What's it like on multitarget fights, or hectic cleave?

Deleted
    not quite sure what the settings (simcraft settings) for a custom fight like you mean are.

I feel as boomkins running euph, we are gonna be hitting the haste cap (ie gcd) in bloodlust if we go for all haste and haste trinkets. I did some napkin math about a week ago and with my current gear worth of haste (about 13%) raid buffed, mythic trinket, and 2pc my starfire was going down to 1.1 seconds or so. Correct me if im wrong i might have fucked up the calculations.

On a side note if we do end up going over that cap with the trinket, the heroic blackhand trinket has more int than the mythic darmac trinket and gives multistrike and gives about 3k multistrike which is not the most unattractice stat on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa View Post
    I feel as boomkins running euph, we are gonna be hitting the haste cap (ie gcd) in bloodlust if we go for all haste and haste trinkets. I did some napkin math about a week ago and with my current gear worth of haste (about 13%) raid buffed, mythic trinket, and 2pc my starfire was going down to 1.1 seconds or so. Correct me if im wrong i might have fucked up the calculations.

On a side note if we do end up going over that cap with the trinket, the heroic blackhand trinket has more int than the mythic darmac trinket and gives multistrike and gives about 3k multistrike which is not the most unattractice stat on the planet.
    you only run euph for single target tho, which is only like ~3? or 4 fights

Deleted
    So you would go with BoP or SF on most fights in Blackrock Foundry?

Even on multitarget fights a lot of moonkins will run euph incarn because focusing your damage and movement play a big role in why euph is such a srong talent. Imagine having to hard cast om mythic Imp p2. While running bop on a lot of fights would be great dps boosts, it seems a big theme of this teir is damage on the right targets which euph excels at.
    That being said bop is very strong and will def be strong in brf no doubt im not a euph supremesist. Ill be testing ptr raids over the week to determine which talents for which fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Even on multitarget fights a lot of moonkins will run euph incarn because focusing your damage and movement play a big role in why euph is such a srong talent. Imagine having to hard cast om mythic Imp p2. While running bop on a lot of fights would be great dps boosts, it seems a big theme of this teir is damage on the right targets which euph excels at.
    That being said bop is very strong and will def be strong in brf no doubt im not a euph supremesist. Ill be testing ptr raids over the week to determine which talents for which fight
    Arguably Euphoria is more of a single-target, stand-still talent than BoP, so I'm not sure you can claim Euphoria is a better movement talent. BoP has increased dot damage (better movement DPS, better multi-target DPS), whereas Euphoria simply decreases the cast time of your main nukes (a slight increase to movement DPS, no influence on multi-target). As for what's best on Mythic Imp, I'm not entirely sure.

I more mean what i said in the top. Dot damage isnt going to kill bosses and adds quickly. On some fights you want to dot everything for the procs so that you can starfall (if it is alive for 10 seconds) and you want to put some empowered nukes into the add. Bop will out damage you in entirety on fights dominated with adds. But on certain fights you have to consider your damage to certain targets to be more beneficial than you damage spread evenly to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Arguably Euphoria is more of a single-target, stand-still talent than BoP, so I'm not sure you can claim Euphoria is a better movement talent. BoP has increased dot damage (better movement DPS, better multi-target DPS), whereas Euphoria simply decreases the cast time of your main nukes (a slight increase to movement DPS, no influence on multi-target). As for what's best on Mythic Imp, I'm not entirely sure.
    This.

Most of the mythic imperator fight we are trying to cast nukes as much as possible. euphoria is the best choice for that. For whatever reason you are on add duty, it might be beneficial to opt for Balance of Power, i would think you would be using starfall more often, less on starsurge and the need for extra haste to get proper hardcasts off and you are dotting more targets so extra 20% dot dmg might go along way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borawa
    On some fights you want to dot everything for the procs.
    I was under the impression this mechanic was techically removed and made into some quasi-chance proc on the most recent application.

3rd edit: long post

I think for a more balanced(safer) gear change would be to get the Mastery/Multistrike Helm off Iron Maidens and keep haste/multistrike gloves. I making the assumtion atm since im on tablet, but for majority of the fights in brf are AOE and lots of them multidot, extra mastery multistrike from helm over crit haste might be better and when we go from single target to multitarget we swap out trinkets. ( Go for Mulistrike one first, haste 2nd for simgle target) (recommendation for people in guilds going for Mythic on release)

Damn shame that alchemy trinket won't be available. Most progressed should have on-use haste trinket From twins.

Maybe multistrike is just that bad
    Last edited by Kilma; 2015-01-31 at 05:59 AM.

I feel i would rather have the perfectly itemized shoulders off of Flamebender than the tier shoulders which are mastery/multi. None of the other non-set items are as well itemized as the shoulders.

Deleted
    Hmm Flamebenders shoulds are definitly perfect...need to consider which setitem to swap..i guess i will go with Head,Chest,Leg and hands, because the cannonballs are not that good :/

I really appreciate your "points", thanks for that!

I feel i would rather have the perfectly itemized shoulders off of Flamebender than the tier shoulders which are mastery/multi. None of the other non-set items are as well itemized as the shoulders.
    Acording to the sim's ive seen Gloves and shoulders are basically equal for offset piece. The tier gloves are haste multistrike the offset gloves are mastery/multistrike. So your straight trading haste for mastery where as the shoulders your trading Multistrike for Crit.

Also Just tested on Beta a Undocumented change Alchemist stone can no longer be Procced before pull with healing So Prepotting the trinket with a heal then swapping to Runestone will no longer work if it had gone live with the 680 alc trinket+685 runestone it would have been BIS.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2015-01-31 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    Damn shame that alchemy trinket won't be available. Most progressed should have on-use haste trinket From twins.
    What do you mean by that, is it not going live? What trinkets are considered BiS then, I assume crit one for sure, but then the haste, multistrike, (assuming it is still in) alchemy trinket or runestone?

Deleted
    ATM i would prefer the following

trinket1=goren_soul_repository,id=119194,bonus_id=567
    trinket2=darmacs_unstable_talisman,id=113948,bonus_id=567

Maybe Shard Mythic on some fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    What do you mean by that, is it not going live? What trinkets are considered BiS then, I assume crit one for sure, but then the haste, multistrike, (assuming it is still in) alchemy trinket or runestone?
    still 3 trinkets from BRF foundry are best, but he is saying that shards are best trinket you can have without BRF...

http://i.imgur.com/VgMivuP.png

When simming with my current gear (with incarnation+euphoria) the trinket setups are quite close.

My current thinking atm is crit+haste trinket for single target, and crit+multistrike for aoe, since starfall does not gain any benefit from haste.

I haven't looked into moving away from mastery into crit enchants/gems yet, I'm still of the opinion that mastery will be best though, since crit does have that rng element.