Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New WW mastery ideas?

I play a WW monk in my mythic raiding guild, and up until our WoD ST nerf-fest, I played arenas at a decent rating as well. Something I, and countless others have noticed is that our mastery is absolute shit.

Although most people that play this specc/class recognize this as an issue, does anyone actually have any good ideas as to what our mastery should be changed to? I believe that instead of granting us a chance at bonus TEB stacks, it should lengthen the duration of the buff after we consume them. It would still be achieving the goal of more TEB uptime, but much less RNG would be involved. Either that, or something that has to do with increased uptime on tiger's strikes.

Idk i came up with these on the spot, if you have ideas please post them!

The tiger strikes thing is interesting. Maybe mastery should apply that to every stat:

Mastery: Furious Strikes
    You have a chance equal to your crit/haste/multistrike/versatility to increase that stat by mastery%. So if you have 5% crit, 10% haste, 15% ms, 20% vers each melee swing would have a 5% chance to increase crit, 10% chance to increase haste, 15% multistrike, and 20% vers. They'd probably have to allow for multiple procs on a single swing to prevent soft caps, but it might be a fun way to get mastery useful and to interact with our other stats.

At this point I would be fine with a "bland" fix to mastery. Perhaps have mastery increase the damage of our chi spenders?

Yep, something like the shadow priest mastery would be fine. Maybe to a lesser extent if we want to make the stat better without making it the best.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    Yep, something like the shadow priest mastery would be fine. Maybe to a lesser extent if we want to make the stat better without making it the best.
    I agree, I don't think it needs to be revamped to a point where it becomes our number 1 priority, but I definitely think it needs to be changed.

im fine with anything not really worthless... compared to our other stats

Yeah, I think the dmg increase to chi spenders mastery idea is pretty legit. I hate how our mastery is absolute garbage and would MAYBE fix our scaling issue a tad bit.

If the buff to tiger Palm does indeed stay in, I would like to see something like this.

Mastery: Combination Strike
    Using two different chi spenders in sucession causes the second chi spender to deal X% increased damage.
    Combo Breaker chi spenders also cause X% increased damage.

This would make our rotation more interesting as well as making mastery significantly better.
    Last edited by lpskater4886; 2015-01-31 at 10:07 AM.

we have 5-6 stats, why would blizz wanna complicate things ?

New Mastery: Mastery now increases your chance to be nerfed by x%.

Quote Originally Posted by Saralin View Post
    New Mastery: Mastery now increases your chance to be nerfed by x%.
    Hmm, let me modify that a bit:
    Mastery: Nerf Resistance
    Reduces the effect of WW spec nerfs on your character by -x% and increases the effect of buffs by x%.
    lol

Deleted
    Something simple as "Increases the damage of your Chi spenders by x% per Chi spent and of your SCK / RJW by x%" would be ok with me, as long as the stat becomes useful.

Bring it back to op ToT version.

But I think Kwaai's idea would suit me most. Also would have great synergy with most of our lvl 100 talents, though it might make Chiex a little too strong all around.
    "The more we nurture our perversions the more human we become."
    -Vendetta Red

Prudes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it could increase the chance to proc combo breaker? Wouldn't that be quite interesting and good mastery?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lpskater4886 View Post
    If the buff to tiger Palm does indeed stay in, I would like to see something like this.

Mastery: Combination Strike
    Using two different chi spenders in sucession causes the second chi spender to deal X% increased damage.
    Combo Breaker chi spenders also cause X% increased damage.

This would make our rotation more interesting as well as making mastery significantly better.
    I really like this and it could prove quite strong for PVP and Serenity builds.

on the other hand, it would be insanely weak for Chi Explosion and might be really scary if you say, built 5 chi and went RSK -> Fists of Fury for a sick buff to what already hits incredibly hard (Or I guess like, Hurricane Strike if that ever became worth speccing)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    I really like this and it could prove quite strong for PVP and Serenity builds.

on the other hand, it would be insanely weak for Chi Explosion and might be really scary if you say, built 5 chi and went RSK -> Fists of Fury for a sick buff to what already hits incredibly hard (Or I guess like, Hurricane Strike if that ever became worth speccing)
    How would it be weak for chi explosion? Just TP then chi explosion

Just flat out damage increase on Chi Spenders, % increase for SCK/RJW sounds like an appropriate fix. Just to bring it in line with the other stats, quite a few classes have fairly close stat weighting. Something that would change up the class too much, I would expect to be released with the opening of the next raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe since WW are based on speed and mobility having a mastery that increases attack speed and decreases cd's?

What if mastery caused chi expending abilities to generate x amount of energy, +y% from rating. Kinda boring since the net result is what haste is supposed to do, but it does change the way one would might use chi generating/spending abilities. Could also make an energy or chi orb spawn if above a certain threshold of energy since they love giving us those orbs.

And Serenity changed to "Chi generated during Serenity also adds a stack of Tigereseye Brew" for WW (duration/cd would need adjusting).

They probably want the mastery to be related to TEB somehow, but there are better ways to do it if that's their aim.
    One Sweet Dream