installed new ram = black screen

im not a pc guy maybe someone can help?

i bought these;
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Hyper...technical-data
    i installed them screen turns black and turns off and on (only black though)

i have motherboard msi 2a9c
    http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/msi-2a9c-specs/

i take the new sticks out and pc works as usual

Are you ADDING them, or replacing other chips WITH them? There can be major issues if you install more memory and it is not exactly the same as the chips that are already there.

i removed the 2 default sticks that where curently in there
    and put these two in their place, still same.
    had all 4 sticks in still same (2 default and 2 new) still same
    i removed all but 1 new stick and power came on screen was turning on and the fans where turning extremely fast, if this helps any.

Quote Originally Posted by imamagemk View Post
    i removed the 2 default sticks that where curently in there
    and put these two in their place, still same.
    had all 4 sticks in still same (2 default and 2 new) still same
    i removed all but 1 new stick and power came on screen was turning on and the fans where turning extremely fast, if this helps any.
    MSI 2A9C Motherboard Specs
    (Max 8GB on 64-bit Operating Systems)

If you bought 8 gigs of ram, then that is all you can put on that motherboard.

DDR3 1333/ 1066MHz is what the board can handle, 1600MHz DDR3 is what you bought.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Hyper...sin=B00J8E912M
    is what you should have purchased.
    Last edited by haybusa; 2015-01-30 at 09:13 PM.

Push harder, make sure they are seated properly.

Quote Originally Posted by haybusa View Post
    MSI 2A9C Motherboard Specs
    (Max 8GB on 64-bit Operating Systems)

If you bought 8 gigs of ram, then that is all you can put on that motherboard.
    i just read that before posting this however, with just the 2 4gb (8gb total) sticks still dont work

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Push harder, make sure they are seated properly.
    the clips clicked after i pressed them in i think its proper?

did you try both of the new ones on their own or just the one? might be the other is faulty
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Memory is very rarely DOA, but its possible. If you put them in the same spot the old ram, and the old ram the system boots properly, the only possibilities are they did not seat properly or they are DOA.

Based on what I'm seeing on the HP forums, your motherboard may only support up to 2GB sticks of RAM. You may have to get a 4x2GB memory kit instead of 2x4GB.

My friend has a Gateway and it behaved similarly.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Haybusa said it, your mobo supports up to 1333MHz ram and then ones you bought are 1600. So unless is has an xmp profile it won't run them. That or what Nellah said above, or well you could have won the jackpot on bad ram.

All ram defaults at 1333 this is by design, you have to enable xmp for it to run at its rated speed.

If what nellah posted is true its time for a system upgrade, my old core 2 duo setup had a motherboard that supported 4 gigs per slot.