Poll: Are you happy with World of Warcraft?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I love the game and I love that they have started to listen to players, and adding things, into the game, we want to see (new models etc)
    I have to admit I lost a bit of interest during mop, but since wod, hit there hasn't been a day I haven't looked forward to logging on.
    Our guild has become more active to, which is amazing as it hasn't been this active since wrath. I love all the new content my only wish is that they add more rewarding follower missions in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Most people liked MoP, I would say.
    9/10 people i know would disagree. If they speak for all i wouldnt know.
    As he said though, ratings show what people thought about MoP vs other xpansions...

ONE HUGE 10/10 to blizz on WoD is the small patches / fixes rather then have 1 big COCTAIL patch of a mess...
    Now, if they just could balance proberly.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I answered no to the poll.

I really enjoyed the leveling experience in WoD, but after that I'm pretty disappointed for a variety of reasons.

Garrison was fun to build up (if a bit too much of a gold sink, imo), but the maintenance part is really pretty boring and unengaging. I also think it's pretty ridiculous that you can get gear from your garrison. Have the followers play the game for you.

I don't like how professions have been gutted. Gathering professions are pointless. I actually enjoyed long gathering trips. They were relaxing for me to just tool around mining or herbing. It's also taken away the money making aspect of mats. Crafting profs tied to cooldowns are just not fun. I'm not of fan of the gutting of Jewelcrafting. I was never serious about it, but it was an enjoyable and usefull profession. No more.

I don't like how worthless dungeons seem now. They seem very unrewarding, and by removing Justice/Valor tokens, there's really not much reason to run them.

I'm really disappointed in LFR content. I don't have the time (or, won't make the time) to raid on a schedule. LFR, while always a easier than normal content, at least provided a challenge previously. Now, it's just too easy.

Not a fan of no flying at max level. Restrictions during leveling are fine. Max level, not so much.

Bored with the pet game (again). It's fun to hunt them down initially, but the grind for levels and rares just gets stale. I had the same burnout in MoP with pets. I guess, overall, I preferred collecting pets when it wasn't a mini-game.

Not super thrilled with the stat changes and removal of reforging. Combined with the major de-emphasis of gems, gear just feels boring. It's a crapshoot if the stats are useful and I can't do much to customize them anyway.

Overall, I just have this nagging feeling that Blizz is phoning it in and milking the game for all it's worth. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's the impression I get. To me, the game is less immersive than it used to be. It's catering too much to convenience. I guess I really just ought to unsub. Looking over my laundry list, I'm not really sure why I'm still subbed. I love WoW. I've been playing for 8+ years. The game has progressed to a point that I'm just not too happy with. Ironically, I was really enjoying the end of MoP, too. WoD, after the leveling, just isn't doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yeah, this statement is factually false.

If you check the reviews on IGN, Metacritic and other sites, MoP ranks the lowest of any expansion Blizzard has ever made for WoW. MoP was dogshit.
    reviews aren't facts

anyway the only thing I don't like is how easy Heroics are but how weird CMs are. A lot of people tell me I should run CMs but in reality they aren't an alternative to Heroics they're an entire different sector of the game. CMs aren't for repeat players- they generally do them and then stop doing them. Meanwhile I run a Heroic every day.

I wouldn't mind seeing Heroics just tuned a bit more really, it's silly how after the first tier of raiding they become face roll and Blizzard has yet to introduce new dungeons mid expansion since Cata.

Garrisons are fine and completely optional from what I've seen

Enchants/Gems are too expensive and the randomness of gem slots in gear is stupid

Reforging should come back

Stupid stats like Multistrike and Versatility should be removed. The point of secondary stats was to be interesting. Critical Strike was our generic "oh this just increases your DPS" but Blizzard let it have interaction with skills like Elusive Brew and other skills. Haste was our DPS increase through Attack Speed and Resource Regeneration. Mastery was a cool interaction with your class.

Right now Multistrike and Versatility just seem like flat DPS increases that have no "caps" aside from diminshing returns (are there even diminish returns? I would assume so on MS)

Raiding is OK but Normals was a bad idea. Flex in general should've never made it outta release like it did. It's stupid. LFR was fine but I think having 3 other difficulties is too much

I think by now Blizz needs to remove faction imbalances on servers or remove factions entirely. It's 2015 and the game won't be getting any younger you should allow players to interact with the opposing faction

That's all I really care about, aside from that I like playing
    Last edited by jazzyy; 2015-02-02 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I enjoyed MoP more to be honest.

I dont enjoy toxic players who have nothing better to do than to whine about things they dont like.
    MoP was dogshit.
    About that...

Deleted
    The vast majority of players agree that
    All great arguments start like that.

I've not been happy with WOW since mid to late Cataclysm.

I tried MoP but it was a cluster from the start.

I got into WoD beta and saw nothing but more of the same mediocrity we had been getting and knew I wouldn't be happy with it so I saved myself the inflated price and planned to skip it.

Maybe the next expansion reset will be better.

WoD was great.
    Until it ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this statement is factually false.

If you check the reviews on IGN, Metacritic and other sites, MoP ranks the lowest of any expansion Blizzard has ever made for WoW. MoP was dogshit.
    Reviews are not facts. Your opinion is not a fact either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Jaylock troll threads, but I love Jaylock troll threads that back fire in his face even more.
    Looks like your poll is showing more people hating the game. Whats up with that Jaylock, did you have some "facts" to explain plz?

/wouldreadagain

Quit for the first time in 10 years and have no desire to return. I'm a casual 'power player' (In that I don't raid but generally spend lots of time min-maxing what I can get on my own, or through PvP) who likes lots of meaningfully-challenging, skill / knowledge / discovery based character-progressing content I can do at w/e pace I want (or can) without gating, and it feels like that's exactly what they've been trying to stomp out with every xpac from Cata onwards. It reached the ultimate conclusion in WoD where, in spite of my initial doubts and wanting to like the ability pruning, each class has been stripped so much that you can legitimately replace each player with a bot in both pvp and pve and be better off.

It feels like for the last couple of years Blizzard have been doing the impossible - increasing team size and communication with player (allegedly) while at the same time also increasing development time and price, while providing less and less meaningful new content than ever in the history of MMOs. I hate MoP, but credit where credit's due in that it took me until SoO to even get a fourth 90, whereas I've gotten 6 100's by the end of first month, purely because there's nothing fun to do once you reach max level if you don't raid.

Sure, the game looks and sounds pretty, but at this point it's like polishing a turd. They just gotta start over, cause no amount of golden pixels sprinkled on what they've done with WoW will make it the kind of game MMOs as a genre desperately need. They're too afraid to innovate and let go of old things that stop working, or take way too long to consider and drop them. A lot of changes in WoD were -years- overdue, which speaks volumes of Blizzard just begging for someone competent at more than hype-trains (looking at you wildstar) to compete with them.
    Last edited by Saberstrike; 2015-02-02 at 07:48 PM.

I have yet to see people go fully bananashitcrazy and make statements such as this

- flame people on forums
    I rest my case =o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Reviews are not facts. Your opinion is not a fact either.
    Wouldn't it be factual that those reviews gauge player satisfaction with a product? They also gauge professional writers / players who's job it is to be a critic of new games?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I love Jaylock troll threads, but I love Jaylock troll threads that back fire in his face even more.
    Looks like your poll is showing more people hating the game. Whats up with that Jaylock, did you have some "facts" to explain plz?

/wouldreadagain
    More people on forums dedicated to the game complaining about a product?! Oh wow! I didn't know everyone who is satisfied with the game, and enjoy the game flock to forums to express their pleasure with the game!!?

/sarcasm /wouldreadagain

Wouldn't it be factual that those reviews gauge player satisfaction with a product? They also gauge professional writers / players who's job it is to be a critic of new games?
    Aren't those the same "professional" writers that gave games like Bioshock Infinite and CoD games 10/10? I've learned to never trust reviewers for any game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    More people on forums dedicated to the game complaining about a product?! Oh wow! I didn't know everyone who is satisfied with the game, and enjoy the game flock to forums to express their pleasure with the game!!?

/sarcasm /wouldreadagain
    Just stop. You're getting wrecked harder than a Malaysian Airliner.

Yeah, absolutely. It's not perfect and I've disagreed with the dev team on several issues before but ultimately it is the best MMO on the market and the team has a ton of passion for this game. Not to mention I've enjoyed easily 8+ years of WoW now. Sure, I've taken breaks and left WoW for extended periods of time but who hasn't? Doesn't mean I still don't love WoW, doesn't mean I still don't have the passion for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Just stop. You're getting wrecked harder than a Malaysian Airliner.
    Ouch! Too soon, bro. Too soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    All reviews, whether they be professional or not, are completely, and factualy subjective, this is an objective fact

Here's another objective fact:MoP was better than WoD when it comes to endgame