[WeakAuras] Targetable Dynamic Group Bars?

Hi there!

I'm currently using a simple dynamic group with bars to track a debuff on various targets at the same time. However, to renew the debuffs I wanted to use the duration bars by clicking on them. I wanted either:
    1. to click on a bar to get the target of the mob tracked by that bar;
    2. to click on a bar to cast the debuff on the mob tracked by that bar.

I guess it is possible to track debuffs in stated mobs (e.g. tracking debuffs on Brackenspore and Fungal Flesh-Eater by creating separate auras to track the debuff specifically on each of them), but what about tracking debuffs on various non-stated mobs at once? Is there any way to do this while keeping a dynamic group?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't use Weakaura's to create what you want. As far as I know, you can't click on an aura and have that change your target or cast a spell.
    Maybe ask around for an addon to do the same instead.

Deleted
    U can make weak aura buttons to target specify mobs if they appears but thats requires a bit of lua.

What the OP is asking for is not possible, you can't create clickable frames dynamically during combat. Dynamically meaning interacting with units which don't have a fixed unitID (like boss1, focus etc.).

Thanks, guys. Crudor's explanation convinced me. :P

Still using this topic, is it possible to change the color of the bar (in the dynamic group) if the dot is almost expiring? Or is there any way to order the dynamic group based on the remaining duration of the debuff?
    Sorry if I'm thinking about impossible things, I just started to use dynamic group and I'm still curious about its power.

Thanks!

edit: another question is if it's possible to put an animation (like flashing) when the duration is low.
    Last edited by Chesco; 2015-01-31 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesco View Post
    Thanks, guys. Crudor's explanation convinced me. :P

Still using this topic, is it possible to change the color of the bar (in the dynamic group) if the dot is almost expiring? Or is there any way to order the dynamic group based on the remaining duration of the debuff?
    Sorry if I'm thinking about impossible things, I just started to use dynamic group and I'm still curious about its power.

Thanks!

edit: another question is if it's possible to put an animation (like flashing) when the duration is low.
    In order to have a bar change when the remaining duration is low you need to create different bars for each of the situations.
    So as an example, if you want the bar to change when less than 5 seconds remain on the debuff, you would create one bar which checks for the debuff with remaining time over 5 seconds, and another bar which checks for the debuff with remaining time less than or equal to 5 seconds.

You can chance the way which dynamic groups are sorted in the group settings. There is a drop down menu labeled "Sort".

Quote Originally Posted by Ceia View Post
    In order to have a bar change when the remaining duration is low you need to create different bars for each of the situations.
    So as an example, if you want the bar to change when less than 5 seconds remain on the debuff, you would create one bar which checks for the debuff with remaining time over 5 seconds, and another bar which checks for the debuff with remaining time less than or equal to 5 seconds.
    I tried to create two bars to track the debuffs, but I couldn't make this work like static bars because when I checked the "Multi-target" unit option (on the Trigger tab), the "Remaining Time" option disappeared. What should I do?

I even thought about adding a custom main animation effect but as it should use UnitDebuff, I thought there would be no way to specify the target. I mean, if I used "target" all bars would be animated based only on the duration of the debuff on my current target.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceia View Post
    You can chance the way which dynamic groups are sorted in the group settings. There is a drop down menu labeled "Sort".
    Thanks, I didn't notice that dropdown. Worked perfectly!