Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

George Zimmerman witch hunt case dropped, gf recants story

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerm...145914280.html

No matter what you think about his earlier court cases, the law states that he was in the legal right. Why is this witch hunt allowed to continued? His girlfriend at the time states that the story was not true in any way, but it was reported widely in the news, and their was a quite active thread here, filled with posts like "Should have been guilty the first time!" "He is obviously a criminal!" and others of that ilk.

If the court finds you were not breaking the law in the USA, you are NOT supposed to be burdened by that case. This man can never live a normal life again, because people will take literally anything he does and blow it out of proportion, for the good, or the bad. Oh, he assisted in an accident like any normal person would? HERO!!!. oh, he was at the scene of a drunken brouhaha? HES THE DEVIL!

We don't judge people on crimes they were cleared of in this country, do we? Why is this witch hunt being allowed to continue? The police were on him like fleas on a junkyard dog as soon as they knew he was at all involved in the story, DESPITE the girlfriend saying he didn't hurt her.

That is just as prejudicial as he was in his pursuit of Trayvon Martin, and it is disgusting. Where is the support for him being prosecuted unfairly?

And before people accuse me of being some racist Zimmerman lover/supporter, I fully believe he was acting way outside what a normal civilian should be doing, and he should have been charged with SOMETHING. However, he was cleared of the charges they attempted to file. The prejudicial treatment being shown towards him by the police, the news, and people on these very forums is frankly sickening.
    You're a towel.

Legal findings have no jurisdiction over the court of public opinion. It's really not that complicated.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people that wanted see the justice system burn the Zim Zamm have been content with public opinion for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Legal findings have no jurisdiction over the court of public opinion. It's really not that complicated.
    This is not public opinion. This is the police focusing on him as soon as he is in the vicinity of ANYTHING. They pulled his girlfriend over, she said she was upset over an argument with Zimmerman, they chose to file assault charges against him that were proven to be bogus, his name gets dragged through the mud yet again, only because of a sick fascination with him by law enforcement.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    This is not public opinion. This is the police focusing on him as soon as he is in the vicinity of ANYTHING. They pulled his girlfriend over, she said she was upset over an argument with Zimmerman, they chose to file assault charges against him that were proven to be bogus, his name gets dragged through the mud yet again, only because of a sick fascination with him by law enforcement.
    The State's Attorney decided they had probable cause to arrest him. There isn't much to discuss. Whining about a witch hunt without accepting basic things isn't really all that productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think he was guilty of something. Manslaughter perhaps? Stalking? I don't know, I'm not a prosecuter. However, he was called innocent, and is now being witch hunted only because of who he is, and that is prejudice as well.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The State's Attorney decided they had probable cause to arrest him. There isn't much to discuss.
    And you think their was no bias involved, in a traffic stop talk of an argument? That the girlfriend said, three days later, nothing happened, and they chose to go ahead anyway, just to drag him through the mud again?
    You're a towel.

Not being charged with a crime equates to innocence?

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

And you think their was no bias involved, in a traffic stop talk of an argument? That the girlfriend said, three days later, nothing happened, and they chose to go ahead anyway, just to drag him through the mud again?
    From your own article...

"Officers patrolling the neighborhood where Zimmerman lives three weeks ago heard the sound of glass shattering, and then saw Brunelle drive out of the driveway. They pulled her over for a traffic stop a few streets over because she didn't have her lights on."

You seem to have a selective understanding of the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    From your own article...

"Officers patrolling the neighborhood where Zimmerman lives three weeks ago heard the sound of glass shattering, and then saw Brunelle drive out of the driveway. They pulled her over for a traffic stop a few streets over because she didn't have her lights on."

You seem to have a selective understanding of the situation.
    So, you think that a police officer in his car heard glass shattering in someones house. They chose to ignore that, and followed someone out of the driveway. That is...complete bullshit, sorry.

I understand that you clearly have something against zimmerman, but he was cleared of charges. This bias has to stop, they are hounding someone found innocent in a court of law in this country.

The girlfriend said nothing happened, and they chose to go after him anyway.
    You're a towel.

Witch Hunt? Hardly. The guy is a menace, even if he's not guilty of murder he's still violent and reckless and confrontational. The man attracts danger and even seems to seek it out. At the very least he needs medical attention for his psychological issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Which was deemed fair play.

So why is this not fair play?
    George Zimmerman isn't a thug.

*thuglyfe*
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Not being charged with a crime equates to innocence?

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    So, you just assume he did something wrong because of who he is. That is blatant prejudice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Witch Hunt? Hardly. The guy is a menace, even if he's not guilty of murder he's still violent and reckless and confrontational. The man attracts danger and even seems to seek it out. At the very least he needs medical attention for his psychological issues.
    That is your opinion. Not law.
    You're a towel.

Can't put the Zim Zammer in the state slammer!
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

So, you just assume he did something wrong because of who he is. That is blatant prejudice.
    No, read my post.

You're saying he's innocent because he's not being charged, and which is what your article is stating.

You don't understand the reason why he's not being charged - the prosecutor made a choice and understood that he couldn't reasonably foresee a chance to convict George Zimmerman. I call it prosecutor's discretion - they don't take cases unless they reasonably believe that can obtain a conviction, which is the case for not charging Zimmerman.

I'm accusing you of a hasty conclusion - not of Zimmerman being automatically guilty because he's Zimmerman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Can't put the Zim Zammer in the state slammer!
    Apparently not, no matter how hard they try to pin something on him and overblow charges. if they had charged him with something lesser he would be in jail right now.

- - - Updated - - -

No, read my post.

You're saying he's innocent because he's not being charged, and which is what your article is stating.

You don't understand the reason why he's not being charged - the prosecutor made a choice and understood that he couldn't reasonably foresee a chance to convict George Zimmerman. I call it prosecutor's discretion - they don't take cases unless they reasonably believe that can obtain a conviction, which is the case for not charging Zimmerman.

I'm accusing you of a hasty conclusion - not of Zimmerman being automatically guilty because he's Zimmerman.
    The girlfriend said he didn't do anything. She said it was blown out of proportion and never told the police he assaulted her. And you still believe he did because....?
    You're a towel.

So, you think that a police officer in his car heard glass shattering in someones house. They chose to ignore that, and followed someone out of the driveway. That is...complete bullshit, sorry.

I understand that you clearly have something against zimmerman, but he was cleared of charges. This bias has to stop, they are hounding someone found innocent in a court of law in this country.

The girlfriend said nothing happened, and they chose to go after him anyway.
    No need to apologize. Your analysis isn't worth a shit. I mean, it's obviously much more likely that the police officer's heard Zimmerman's name and initiated Vandetta_1454 against him, because everyone has to give a fuck about his past.

I understand you clearly lack the ability to think critically, but tighten up.

Also, being found innocent isn't something that happens in this country.

Apparently not, no matter how hard they try to pin something on him and overblow charges. if they had charged him with something lesser he would be in jail right now.

- - - Updated - - -

The girlfriend said he didn't do anything. She said it was blown out of proportion and never told the police he assaulted her. And you still believe he did because....?
    There you go again. You're putting words into my mouth.

I did not say I believed Zimmerman to be guilty of whatever crime he's 'charged' with.

I'm taking issue with you equating not being charged with innocence.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go again. You're putting words into my mouth.

I did not say I believed Zimmerman to be guilty of whatever crime he's 'charged' with.

I'm taking issue with you equating not being charged with innocence.
    If the only witness says he did nothing, how can you possibly think hes guilty? She even went out of her way to make sure her opinion was stated that the police overblew everything...
    You're a towel.

If the only witness says he did nothing, how can you possibly think hes guilty? She even went out of her way to make sure her opinion was stated that the police overblew everything...
    Again, find where I said Zimmerman is guilty.