Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I understand you clearly lack the ability to think critically, but tighten up.

Also, being found innocent isn't something that happens in this country.

Firstly, thinking critically? I understand that you hate zimmerman; its ok, a lot of people do. I think hes guilty of a crime as well from the Trayvon Martin thing. But to hold that against him for things like this is absolutely ridiculous.

as for the last part? If you are not guilty, you are....? I realize the court does not say "you are innocent and free to go!" but they say "Not guilty" which equates literally to....?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Again, find where I said Zimmerman is guilty.
    If someone is not guilty they are...........?
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    And you think their was no bias involved, in a traffic stop talk of an argument? That the girlfriend said, three days later, nothing happened, and they chose to go ahead anyway, just to drag him through the mud again?
    A, battered partners often recant their stories.
    B, Yes many police departments pick up Men for whatever, and i mean whatever, nonsense thrown at them because if they do not they get told they are not taking domestic abuse seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    A, battered partners often recant their stories.
    B, Yes many police departments pick up Men for whatever, and i mean whatever, nonsense thrown at them because if they do not they get told they are not taking domestic abuse seriously.
    Firstly, she was not hit in any way, and she said that from the start, so she was not "Battered". Secondly, she did not exactly "recant" As the article (And my op) said; she never wanted him charged in the first place apparently.
    You're a towel.

Firstly, thinking critically? I understand that you hate zimmerman; its ok, a lot of people do. I think hes guilty of a crime as well from the Trayvon Martin thing. But to hold that against him for things like this is absolutely ridiculous.

as for the last part? If you are not guilty, you are....? I realize the court does not say "you are innocent and free to go!" but they say "Not guilty" which equates literally to....?

- - - Updated - - -

Not guilty.

Not guilty does not equate to innocence. It only means that there is reasonable doubt in the jury's mind that the defendant is not guilty.

Sure its tantamount to exoneration/acquittal and double jeopardy BUT it stems from the introduction of reasonable doubt introduced by the defense counsel more so than a belief on the jury's part that the defendant is innocent. It can also mean the prosecution failed to prove, BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, that the defendant is guilty.

But not proclamations of innocence.

- - - Updated - - -

Firstly, she was not hit in any way, and she said that from the start, so she was not "Battered". Secondly, she did not exactly "recant" As the article (And my op) said; she never wanted him charged in the first place apparently.
    A criminal lawsuit is filed by the state - what Zimmerman's spouse want/did not want is irrelevant. The State has power to bring lawsuits in the interest of protecting the community.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    the police treated the woman in a domestic disturbance case as if she was a battered victim regardless of facts? why yes they typically do.

10+ Year Old Account
    A criminal lawsuit is filed by the state - what Zimmerman's spouse want/did not want is irrelevant. The State has power to bring lawsuits in the interest of protecting the community.
    Even if it goes against what the only witness says happens?
    You're a towel.

Hence the dropping of the charges.

A lack of evidence that is. And that translates to more uncertainty that the prosecutor reasonably believes that he can obtain a conviction.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thinking critically. Google it if you need help learning the process.

My personal feelings about Zimmerman are irrelevant. He invokes no emotional response out of me. He's irrelevant. I understand you need to kkeep repeating it for you to have any semblance of an argument though, so keep on keepin' on.

Not guilty does not "equate literally" to innocent. Google is your friend. Go, explore and learn about basic things you wish to discuss.

Deleted
    Not guilty.
    well he isn't guilty sadly.'
    the problem is A, he was allowed to exit his car armed and walk the streets with the intent of confronting a person he had not even a remote reasonable cause to detain, and once that is legal, the rest is moot.
    or they could make self defense not applicable to the aggressor, which he undoubtedly was, but none of that is as is, which means he isn't guilty, they need to change the law so as to make what he did illegal however.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are saying its fine for the police/prosecuters to bring a case up, make it public, when their is no evidence or witnesses. Why? You can google burden of proof if you want, since you seem to tell everyone else to do it.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Yes, thinking critically. Google it if you need help learning the process.

My personal feelings about Zimmerman are irrelevant. He invokes no emotional response out of me. He's irrelevant. I understand you need to kkeep repeating it for you to have any semblance of an argument though, so keep on keepin' on.

Not guilty does not "equate literally" to innocent. Google is your friend. Go, explore and learn about basic things you wish to discuss.
    You should see his responses to me. We're literally not seeing eye to eye.

Deleted
    yes.
    do you know nothing about how this works in specific or general?

So you are saying its fine for the police/prosecuters to bring a case up, make it public, when their is no evidence or witnesses. Why? You can google burden of proof if you want, since you seem to tell everyone else to do it.
    And it is also within their power to drop a case too.

As for the media, they love controversy, and who better attracts controversy, than Zimmerman?

10+ Year Old Account
    By your own logic, you should cease your pursuit of lambasting the police officers; they were legally ruled to be "in the right," just as Zimmerman was.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    By your own logic, you should cease your pursuit of lambasting the police officers; they were legally ruled to be "in the right," just as Zimmerman was.
    No, the police are innocent (due to a lack of evidence suggesting malfeasance) and that we should just drop the matter entirely.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised no one is going after casey anthony

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the police are innocent (due to a lack of evidence suggesting malfeasance) and that we should just drop the matter entirely.
    How can you be sure that they did not hear the name "Zimmerman? like the...trayvon martin guy? Surely we should arrest him!"? He seems to attract an almost obsession among police, and his supporters. The whole thing of him helping at an accident after the trial, his other "legal issues" that were dropped, it is getting to the point where he should probably just be a hermit just to make sure he does not get in trouble for sneezing in the vicinity of someone, or helping someone with a flat tire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Surprised no one is going after casey anthony
    Honestly I am to at this point. You'd think that would be a bigger issue; she "Killed her kid" (Though she was found not guilty as well )
    You're a towel.

How can you be sure that they did not hear the name "Zimmerman? like the...trayvon martin guy? Surely we should arrest him!"? He seems to attract an almost obsession among police, and his supporters. The whole thing of him helping at an accident after the trial, his other "legal issues" that were dropped, it is getting to the point where he should probably just be a hermit just to make sure he does not get in trouble for sneezing in the vicinity of someone, or helping someone with a flat tire.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I am to at this point. You'd think that would be a bigger issue; she "Killed her kid" (Though she was found not guilty as well )
    His name is poisoned. You've heard of poison the well right?

Honestly, he's got a bad rep. And it's going to follow him for the rest of his life.

I'd hate to say it, but overreaction is going to be an inevitable reality of his life.

10+ Year Old Account
    His name is poisoned. You've heard of poison the well right?

Honestly, he's got a bad rep. And it's going to follow him for the rest of his life.

I'd hate to say it, but overreaction is going to be an inevitable reality of his life.
    So is that ok then? Should we just excuse law enforcement going overboard on someone that was found innocent of a previous crime?

It reminds me of OJ simpson; he was found not guilty, and when he recently went to jail on some other robbery charge, the judge was specifically like "This sentence has nothing to do with any previous trouble he was in!" then proceeded to give him the max she could. What?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    You assume. You also just said not more than a few posts before that that it's unlikely they even heard the glass in his house breaking, let alone hearing his NAME.

There are many, many, many people who disagree that Zimmerman is innocent in his case. And as it's already been pointed out, he wasn't found innocent, only not guilty.

If he didn't want people angry at him, maybe he shouldn't have hunted down and killed Trayvon? Intentional or not, he killed Trayvon and that is at least involuntary manslaughter. The fact he got charged with nothing still baffles me to this day.

I fully agree with you that he was guilty of that. I have said that many times. However, past court cases where someone is found not guilty cannot be held against someone.

The police heard his name from his girlfriend at a traffic stop, later down the street.
    You're a towel.

I like Zimmerman, he fought for his life and came out on top. The forces of evil tried to persecute him, but he rose up and emerged the victor.