Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Movies so bad they're awesome

Anyone have favorite clips from cult movies that may have been horrible during its time but are now a 10/10 must watch?

Braindead / Dead Alive (this was directed by Peter Jackson)

Another favorite is the final battle for Silent Assassin

Battlefield Earth, only watch it when you're high or something. You may find new appreciation for masterpieces like transformers after watching it.
    Last edited by Cradyz; 2015-01-31 at 01:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Battlefield Earth, only watch it when you're high or something. You may find new appreciation for masterpieces like transformers after watching it.
    I was just about to say this! You don't need to be high to watch it though. Just grab a few friends that will make lame puns with you while ripping apart the movie's plot in the most cynical way possible. Best time I've ever had watching a shitty movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Buckaroo Banazi count?
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Room
    I did not hit her, I did not!

Watch Sharknado with Rifftrax commentary ... so funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindile View Post
    The Room
    I did not hit her, I did not!
    Oh hi Mark

The first Street Fighter movie from 1994.

Not the second one though, that one is just plain bad.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    The Troll Hunter

I watched it 3 times
    Last edited by mmocc8f2d2d3cb; 2015-01-31 at 05:44 PM.

Hobo with a shotgun

Dead Alive! is a spectacular film though. It is not an ostensibly "bad" film as in the sense of lacking technicality, artistry or capability. Even the negative reviews of Braindead/Dead Alive in early 90s noted that the film was sharply directed.

An actual badly made film with amusing results to me would be: Gymkata.

Does Big Trouble in Little China work?

With Kurt Russel and Kim Cattrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post

that movie is really good one

Last edited by vipers; 2015-01-31 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Dead Alive! is a spectacular film though. It is not an ostensibly "bad" film as in the sense of lacking technicality, artistry or capability. Even the negative reviews of Braindead/Dead Alive in early 90s noted that the film was sharply directed.

An actual badly made film with amusing results to me would be: Gymkata.

Hahahaha that is amazing, I gotta watch this

If you can handle the unsexy sex and nudity, Showgirls is one of the unintentionally funniest movies of all time.
    I would quote some lines from it, but they might be ban-worthy.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post

This is a well regarded film nowadays and only received at worst mixed reviews at release. Few of which cite a lack of technicality or artistry.

"Bad" films are generally those that lack artistry &/or technical ability. Plan 9 From Outer Space or American Ninja II, for example.

Deleted

These really are the worst I have sat through, laughing at how bad they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Navira View Post
    The Troll Hunter
    [/video=youtube;TLEo7H9tqSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLEo7H9tqSM[/video]
    I watched it 3 times
    I didn't find it to be directly bad. Maybe I was just distracted by all the trolls, as I am a fan of mythology. Actually, I'd go on to say that the trolls is reason alone to watch the film. I mean, just look at that huge monster of a troll on the thumbnail of the video! It's impossibly large! How can you not want to watch that film after having seen that?

Also, Otto Jespersen is amusing as hell.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Birdemic is great to laugh at! The awkwardness and general awfulness makes for good fun with friends. No need to even be drunk either!

Here's the trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Yea, Troll Hunter was awesome and well made too.