Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

HATRED [Adults Only Thread]

Guys have you seen the newest trailer of this wonderful upcoming game?

The voice of protagonist is just epic I'm a polish myself and quite proud of our recent games. I have already pre-ordered.

I find the game to be like a refreshing gust of guts. Well, this game gore rival will be Killing Floor 2 coming this year too.

What are your opinions? You don't enjoy stress relief in the form of video game mayhem, you love it or?

btw this is quite sad that bad journalism led to accusations of devs of being 'neo-nazi' and giving 'Żołnierze Wyklęci' (Cursed Soldiers) as an example of it. I mean, as polish I feel like they should have sued all of these 'journalists'. Few of journalists have erased mention of cursed soldiers but it is unfortunate, ther are still places were such accusations are still visible. People who fought against totalitarism are labeled as 'neo-nazi' idols. To be honest, I have discovered it today and it was really sad for me, not only as polish person but just human being who sees how hatred toward product fuels lies about history.
    Last edited by mmoc02a203ff78; 2015-01-31 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like unnecessary gratuitous violence for the sake of it, The way the protagonist shoots people coldly in the head in the FMV and the way the game seems to play by just mass slaughtering innocent people makes me feel that this is a game that I will play the shit out of and laugh manacally all the way through, Can't wait for it!

Deleted
    nathan explosions big day out.

the gameplay looks decent.. but wont be buying it. killing floor will be bought as soon as its on steam.

Deleted
    16,66 for the game... That is hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisfrakt View Post
    16,66 for the game... That is hilarious.
    Is it too much or too low? Personally I find price really good, considering other games prices. Well, we don't know much about story in this game, maybe it is just a mayhem which would be funny of course but dunno. I wonder of there are levels or maybe even fleshed out semi rpg story. Well, they have physics, walls collapse and there are kill cams, so its good for me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Is it too much or too low? Personally I find price really good, considering other games prices. Well, we don't know much about story in this game, maybe it is just a mayhem which would be funny of course but dunno. I wonder of there are levels or maybe even fleshed out semi rpg story. Well, they have physics, walls collapse and there are kill cams, so its good for me :P
    16.66 - 666. The mark of the beast. It's a play on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    16.66 - 666. The mark of the beast. It's a play on it.
    AH :-D haha yes, I'm so dense. I skipped looking at prices totally. Well, it is something new, no more .99 lel 666 hahah gosh, these guys are making hardcore everywhere. They have made me remember all the horror movies from the past, all these slasher with gore for the sake of it haha

The gameplay still looks fairly good. But I wonder if the destructible environments can cause harm to the PC or if it can be used in a manner that is advantageous. Such as setting fire to a house to draw out the occupants. Or causing a collapse to a structure in order to eliminate the entrenched defenders/targets.

The isometric POV offers potentially large tactical options other view perspectives would be hard to interpret. This was a small issue with say, Red Faction, where collateral damage to the environments was somewhat difficult to judge and leverage in a tactical sense. It relied on a lot of in-game logic to process the destruction of the environment.

I would like a lot more hard discussion and reveal of gameplay operation from the Hatred advertisements than more gruesomeness. The game interests me on a gameplay level but it is somewhat frustrating the marketing is so blinding to a proper and serious view of operation.

Edit: The t-shirt looks amazing. Buying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the gameplay looks boring as hell. If I just want to shoot people without any reason I can do the same in GTA. I just don't understand what the appeal is. Is it in any way different enough or brings something new to the table gameplay wise, because from the looks of it, a story doesn't exist besides "Kill everything that moves".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I still think the gameplay looks boring as hell. If I just want to shoot people without any reason I can do the same in GTA. I just don't understand what the appeal is. Is it in any way different enough or brings something new to the table gameplay wise, because from the looks of it, a story doesn't exist besides "Kill everything that moves".
    It has physics; you can destroy buildings, there are quite grotesque kill cams. It is white and black and you kill everybody no matter their color, gender, orientation or creed. You are going total war route with wide jaw, black hair and coat, that happens to be also black and long. You are mean, you curse a lot and you sound more like a satan than psycho killer.

Meh. It's not as epic as the last trailer. As cool as the guy's voice is, the background music felt weak in this one. To be honest I'm disappointed. Last one seemed hardcore. This one didn't add anything really new.

I mean "safe in their homes gathering possessions" is a cool line/thing to say but it felt out of place. Could have been done better.

Deleted
    It doesn't look all that to be honest. I'll get it just so I can have an opinion on the controversy but meh I don't expect it to be any good.

I also can't be the only one who thinks it doesn't actually look that violent. Nothing in that video made me bat an eyelid.

All in all a lot of hype and very little substance from what I can see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    Guys have you seen the newest trailer of this wonderful upcoming game?

The voice of protagonist is just epic I'm a polish myself and quite proud of our recent games. I have already pre-ordered.

I find the game to be like a refreshing gust of guts. Well, this game gore rival will be Killing Floor 2 coming this year too.

What are your opinions? You don't enjoy stress relief in the form of video game mayhem, you love it or?

btw this is quite sad that bad journalism led to accusations of devs of being 'neo-nazi' and giving 'Żołnierze Wyklęci' (Cursed Soldiers) as an example of it. I mean, as polish I feel like they should have sued all of these 'journalists'. Few of journalists have erased mention of cursed soldiers but it is unfortunate, ther are still places were such accusations are still visible. People who fought against totalitarism are labeled as 'neo-nazi' idols. To be honest, I have discovered it today and it was really sad for me, not only as polish person but just human being who sees how hatred toward product fuels lies about history.
    I'd not play a piece of shit like this if you paid me.

And quite frankly, anyone who does is a total sociopath. its glorfying violence in the worst way possible, with no context, no reason, no justification, just for shear perverse pleasure.

its a shit game, designed to shock and use that as the only way to get sales. its a pile of crap that is just trying to be controversial because its made by talentless hacks of game devs that lack the ability and motivation to make a decent product.

Deleted
    I like how people get butthurt over some stupid game, which is JUST A GAME. And all those arguments "omg think about kids, video games make people violent yadiyada"
    Games don't make people go on killing/shooting spree in real life, it's the person himself who's fucked up and comes up with thing like that to do, but it seems to be easier to dump it on games that apparently "make people do it".
    On a side note, this whole buzz about nothing just gives dev free publicity and marketing.
    Also you want problems solved? Replace people in game with zombies(like every other game does nowadays) and BOOM no one is bitching about it anymore.
    P.S I wonder if people were so butthurt when Postal series came out decade or more ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    And quite frankly, anyone who does is a total sociopath.
    So you got studies and graphs you can show us thats proves those comment to be true right? You do know there is ALOT of games that is nothing but just pure violence and many people play this. It can range from just fps's like COD and Killing Floor to other titles.

If someone finds pleasure in this game fine because stuides do show games don't cause people to do violent things but can help cause people to not do violent things.

I love ur arguement it gets summed as "I don't like it so no one else can or they are crazy" and to that I say get the fuck over urself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    I like how people get butthurt over some stupid game, which is JUST A GAME. And all those arguments "omg think about kids, video games make people violent yadiyada"
    Games don't make people go on killing/shooting spree in real life, it's the person himself who's fucked up and comes up with thing like that to do, but it seems to be easier to dump it on games that apparently "make people do it".
    On a side note, this whole buzz about nothing just gives dev free publicity and marketing.
    Also you want problems solved? Replace people in game with zombies(like every other game does nowadays) and BOOM no one is bitching about it anymore.
    P.S I wonder if people were so butthurt when Postal series came out decade or more ago.
    I 100% agree and ya there was a group bitching about postal but it didn't last long just like it won't last long here.

Ontopic: I may check it out but not for $16.66. If it was a $5 game sure but I would have to see a lot more before buying it. Also it seems it will be steams first Adult Rated game so good for steam and these guys. There is no reason why there shouldn't be a Adult Games Only area on steam.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-01-31 at 09:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So you got studies and graphs you can show us thats proves those comment to be true right? You do know there is ALOT of games that is nothing but just pure violence and many people play this. It can range from just fps's like COD and Killing Floor to other titles.
    Most games have a context, they have a reason for violence, and its mostly stylised violence. The oponenets are usually dangerous not innocent victims, or the violence is handled in a cartoony way.

This game goes out of its way to shock, to be controversial. It lets you kill innocents with no pretext even, jsut for the shear pleasure of it......yeah, you are a total sociopath if you like that.

As your comments kind of demonstrate as you are incapable of having a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Most games have a context, they have a reason for violence, and its mostly stylised violence. The oponenets are usually dangerous not innocent victims, or the violence is handled in a cartoony way.

This game goes out of its way to shock, to be controversial. It lets you kill innocents with no pretext even, jsut for the shear pleasure of it......yeah, you are a total sociopath if you like that.

As your comments kind of demonstrate as you are incapable of having a discussion.
    You accuse people of being a sociopath if they enjoy the game or want to play it and then accuse me of not being able to have a discussion.

Pot meet kettle. Once again you provide no proof people who like this game are sociopaths. Why dose a game need any context its a fucken video game who cares.

People like you are just as bad as those who try to blame violent actions on video games. Guess what there is no proof that people who like these games are sociopaths and no proof that video games cause violence.

Hell the only context in Mortal Combat is beating the other guy to death or in Call of Duty Online shoot the other guy dead. I mean really who gives a fuck about context. Its just some arguement people like you use to bash this game. Before this game I bet you didn't give a fuck about any context in any game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-01-31 at 10:10 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It would be kinda swell if arguing the merits of violence in Hatred was not the primary concern of discussion around the game. Though I suppose the marketing of the game is ruinous to this ideal.

Eh... I can the kids who play GTA V/Skyrim who just kill everyone wanting to play the game, but IMAO it's really childish. So basically your out to viciously massacre people and extinguish armies of cops? Okay. Not my kind of game. Just seems off.

Not against these games; just it doesn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It would be kinda swell if arguing the merits of violence in Hatred was not the primary concern of discussion around the game. Though I suppose the marketing of the game is ruinous to this ideal.
    Eh, they haven't really marketed it much. It's more been driven by media coverage of it, with most sites being pretty quick to jump into, "This is a disgusting game and you shouldn't play it, but we're going to write about it because page views!" mode : P