Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing the bothers me about this movie is mainly just Channing Tatum. He just sticks out like a sore thumb and I just don't like him as an actor. Other than him I think the movie looks really cool. I just can't stand watching Channing Tatum in movies and with him in a sci-fi action movie and him as an alien elf it makes it even worse. He just looks like he should be doing something else other than acting. He actually kind of reminds me of the one scene in Rocky 2 where Rocky was auditioning for a commercial.

- "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I gotta see it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    It's okay-ish if you don't have high expectations. I personally dislike Channing Tatum as an actor and it's a shame he'll be playing Gambit in the next X-Men movie.
    Aww, Gambit's gonna be shit with a shit accent. Tatum already ruined G. I. Joe.

If you enjoy Anime check out the live action Space Battleship Yamato.

Absolutely Amazing. You may want to get it English Dubbed as it is in Japanese....unless you prefer subbed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I went to it the day after it premiered, me and the miss saw it.
    It was surreal to sit there all by ourselves, but eventually 5 other people showed up.

The plot and acting was terrible.
    But I advice you to turn off your brain and go see it now!
    Best movie of the year so far. Was like being a kid again.

I enjoyed it. It could have been much better though. The plot was silly and some story threads were just completely forgotten. It felt like a 10 episode series that they tried to edit into movie. Something the movie did well though was create a very interesting universe that I would like to see more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    It was just condensed for a 2hr 30 min movie.
    This was 2.5 hours?!?!!? I'd rather just watch Mila reading a book for 2.5 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    bad reviews..... most people left the theater.....
    That's crazy! Haven't seen it yet but by these reviews I think waiting for a pirate copy will be the best bet!

I enjoyed it for just a fun little adventure. The only thing about it was that 90% of the "romantic" dialogue was unnecessary. Mila and Channing don't need to flirt to convey that there's chemistry between the two characters at all but somehow the writers think they need to put a lot of dialogue in. If Channing's character just kissed her mid-scene in the battle finale we all would have "got it". When the writing is on the wall, you don't need it read to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This was 2.5 hours?!?!!? I'd rather just watch Mila reading a book for 2.5 hours.
    its has no novel form, but you can tell while watching it that alot of stuff was cut from the movie, in terms of story and development.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    You didn't like Cloud Atlas? Thought it was damn good, just another release with really poor timing. I believe it was released the weekend that Hurricane Sandy hit and was the focus.
    A lot of people didn't like Cloud Atlas, not because it was bad, but because it was fantastically complex. The movie itself was unbelievably wonderful, capturing a book that everyone said could never be put into a screenplay.

M. Night suffers from the same problem, complex themed movies with expectations that are borne out of idiot reviewers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    The acting is all around weak at best with Eddie Redmayne as Balem Abrasax looking like he was on the verge of tears with every line he delivered, Mila Kunis just being her same generic, bland self and Channing Tatum serving as the borderline characterless hunk of sky-rollerblading dog-man meat stick to be the love interest.

/snip

Personally I would only recommend watching it if you Really want to see some of the unique designs or have a friend to make fun of it with.

10/10 would laugh at again.
    Loved your review - put my favorite line of yours up there.

I'm actually going to see Jupiter Ascending today... for the 3rd time. For social reasons, mostly.

It's not the best sci-fi movie ever, but I found it enjoyable enough the first two times. It's like The Matrix's less impressive shy little cousin. The main issue I have with it is the "romance", and how Mila Kunis is constantly a damsel in distress who's having to be saved at the last second, for a total of no less than 3 times.

If you're able to ignore the somewhat cringe-worthy romantic aspect, I found the rest of the movie great. I thought the premise was original. I love the appearances of Lord Balem. I love the aesthetic of Lord Balem's and Lord Titus's fleets.

I found the film visually beautiful, and I would definitely recommend seeing it in IMAX. I saw it in a regular (non-IMAX) 3D cinema first time, and the second experience in IMAX 3D was much superior. Jupiter Ascending has flaws, but if you're going to see it in shitty quality, you're missing out on most of what it does have.

Looks like a really nice movie to me!