Thread: Buying an iPad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Their quality and reputation means their pricing isn't insane, and it's a tablet so their OS does what it needs to.
    Android has the same rep and the OS dose what it needs to as well.

Apple is overpriced there is no debate on that. The hardware they use is old and they sell it 15x what its worth. If some want to get it thats fine and there choice but I personally won't buy a Apple product at full price.

I can't recommend a tablet that cost $500 when there is way cheaper ones that can do the same. You could get a Windows Tablet as well.

Ontopic: Like I said tho ur choice if I had to pick I would just get the Air 2 since it isn't much more then the Air 1 and has a bit more hardware.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-02-01 at 09:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There is nothing wrong with their tablets.
    Apple is a great marketing company that sells inferior products in shiny cases
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Apple is a great marketing company that sells inferior products in shiny cases
    Not inferior just overpriced and not as user friendly as andriod.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Not inferior just overpriced and not as user friendly as andriod.
    For the same price their products have inferior hardware
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    For the same price their products have inferior hardware
    I guess last gen is inferior. 1 less mega pixel on the camera and a few ghz less.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with the Air 64GB one if there isn't much difference between the two.

Do you have an Iphone? Because if not, I wouldn't get an Ipad. It's ABSOLUTELY annoying to deal with, trust me. I gave back my Ipad quickly after I realized what a hassle it is to have an android and an Ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    after I realized what a hassle it is to have an android and an Ipad.
    #Firstworldproblems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    I had to use one for some weeks and the inability to control what data is on the device was very offputting. I could load stuff onto it but it wasn't possible the other way. And it's not even a l2use issue. I googled for some time and the only response was "you just can't do that". Very user unfriendly.
    Yeah that put me off too, but luckily they have an Airdrop feature now so that I can send files to and from IPad easily now. As with everything with Apple, the airdrop feature does not work with PC.

Someone explain to me the point of a tablet over a phone or laptop.
    Larger screen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Oh?

Nexus 9 32GB 479.00

iPad Air 2 16gb 469.00

Considering that the Air 2 smashes the Nexus 9 in Benchmarks, you're paying for better build quality, 1 inch bigger screen with obvious color superiority, and a tablet with better standby and in use battery life.
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Tegra-Not...sin=B00H3XMQCW

Only 179 dollars? what is this sorcery.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    Do you have an Iphone? Because if not, I wouldn't get an Ipad. It's ABSOLUTELY annoying to deal with, trust me. I gave back my Ipad quickly after I realized what a hassle it is to have an android and an Ipad.
    Yes I do have an iPhone.

Maybe I will stick with the Air 2 and bump up to the 32GB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Tegra-Not...sin=B00H3XMQCW

Only 179 dollars? what is this sorcery.
    Reviews show that as a piece of crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Yes I do have an iPhone.

Maybe I will stick with the Air 2 and bump up to the 32GB.

- - - Updated - - -

And comparisons show that it's better than apple's piece of crap.
    Processor 4x 1.8 GHz vs. apple's 2x 1,3 GHz
    2 GB ram against Apple's 1 GB
    Has external memory slot
    Substantially lighter than apple's device
    has mass storage support
    better OS
    HDMI output (great if you want to watch those movies in the living room)
    Is more stylish (matter of opinion I like poison green and black more than dirty white)
    Has front facing speakers

What apple has going for it is:
    Higher resolution 1536p vs 800p (which doesn't matter as apple can't even run videos of that resolution with its crap processor and as 1080p is the sweet spot where you can't even tell the pixels on 24 " 800p is perfectly fine for that size)
    More battery power (Nvidia lasts for 10hours without recharge though)
    Bigger screen 9,7" vs 7 " (this can be negative and positive as size is directly related to mobility)
    Better camera (who the hell cares`?)

Also you don't have to buy overpriced apple hardware if you break a cord or want more memory. And also nvidia is a trusted hardware manufacturer where apple imports its shit from china and doesn't make anything itself.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2015-02-02 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    And comparisons show that it's better than apple's piece of crap.
    Processor 4x 1.8 GHz vs. apple's 2x 1,3 GHz
    2 GB ram against Apple's 1 GB
    Has external memory slot
    Substantially lighter than apple's device
    has mass storage support
    better OS
    HDMI output (great if you want to watch those movies in the living room)
    Is more stylish (matter of opinion I like poison green and black more than dirty white)
    Has front facing speakers

What apple has going for it is:
    Higher resolution 1536p vs 800p (which doesn't matter as apple can't even run videos of that resolution with its crap processor and as 1080p is the sweet spot where you can't even tell the pixels on 24 " 800p is perfectly fine for that size)
    More battery power (Nvidia lasts for 10hours without recharge though)
    Bigger screen 9,7" vs 7 " (this can be negative and positive as size is directly related to mobility)
    Better camera (who the hell cares`?)

Also you don't have to buy overpriced apple hardware if you break a cord or want more memory. And also nvidia is a trusted hardware manufacturer where apple imports its shit from china and doesn't make anything itself.
    Cool story, but my original post was quite clear I'm buying an iPad, so why are you posting?

Deleted
    Cool story, but my original post was quite clear I'm buying an iPad, so why are you posting?
    To help you get rid of your disorder?

Endgadget, Cnet, Anaddtech, AndroidCentral, Notebook Check, Tech Radar, Stuff.com, PCMag, Computer Shopper.com, Trusted Reviews, PC Pro, Pocket Lint, Tom's Hardware and Gagdget Review allow gave the Tegra Note 7 positive reviews.

On average the product was reviewed as 3.5 stars & 80% positive. This doesn't include youtube and video reviews- which were also overwhelming positive. Average customer reviews differ by 10% of professional reviews.

Is there a larger body of review of citing the Tegra Note 7 as poor? Otherwise what you are saying here is at best misleading, at worst a lie.

I understand you are buying an iPad 2 (which is also excellent), but when you create a thread it exists publicly. As such the commentary is open to debate and voracity for as long as the thread remains open- regardless of the opening post's conclusion.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-02 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Larger screen.
    Read what you quoted and then understand why your statement makes no sense.

Read what you quoted and then understand why your statement makes no sense.
    Larger screen over a cell phone? Obviously, the portability of a tablet is apart from most traditional laptops. I figure that is obvious since laptop footprint, weight and operation is quite different from a tablet. Whereas there is more overlap between larger phones and tablets from typical devices at retail; operating system

The answer is larger screen quite flatly. There is nothing cheeky about it or some "gotcha" you are suggesting.

I can only see myself with an Ipad if I have a legit need. I mean, those things are expensive yo!

Maybe if I was some exec or doctor and needed a constant feed of information to me...but then again I'd just use my smartphone. Or get another tablet. I honestly don't see the point.

I say this as an Iphone user. And yeah, it may be useful, but when you look at the pricepoint then it all seems like a waste. Like spending 800 bucks on a pair of really nice shoes. Do you really need the shoes with that logo when a pair of Asics will be fine?

My only advice is to skip the 16gb, and go 32gbs if you are willing to pay the difference. I've owned an 16gb ipad in the past and that space goes quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.