Thread: To 5 or 4 heal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    On Brackenspore using a 3th Tank is going to be more beneficial then a 5th healer by far.
    Not for total damage taken, but bracken tanks need CDs for breath, so they cant just save them for high stacks on add. If you have one extra tank for that job it should smoothe healing required significantly.
    Also, beside spores there's not that much to heal anyway, and a solid CD rotation takes care of these.
    Are you saying we should use our CD's to deal with spore damage and just power heal through it instead of intercepting them as intended? That seems far easier.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Are you saying we should use our CD's to deal with spore damage and just power heal through it instead of intercepting them as intended? That seems far easier.
    You speak about spore shooters ? You shouldnt heal through or intercept it (well yeah, but not a lot). You must silence them/CS them and focus them ASAP. Healing CD have to be used for each Spore-AOE-green-shroom-thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    You speak about spore shooters ? You shouldnt heal through or intercept it (well yeah, but not a lot). You must silence them/CS them and focus them ASAP. Healing CD have to be used for each Spore-AOE-green-shroom-thing.
    Ah ok. Wasn't sure if you were talking about shooters or infesting spores. We're already doing that, but we've only had 5 pulls on mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What we've done so far:
    Kargath 4
    Twins 4
    Brackenspore 4
    Tectus 3
    Butcher 4
    Ko'ragh 4

Probably the same pattern in BRF.
    +1 its the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    BRF is in 2 days. We don't really know how many healers will be needed for each fight.
    Seeing as the norm is 1 healer every 5 people, yes, you will: 4.

The "intended" healers is 4, with the occasional 3 or 5 thrown in there, just like every raid before this one being 4-6, but 5 being the norm.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

If we are talking BRF (Which we should be HM is basically pointless now) Then i would say a majority will be 4. Its hard to say now without knowing the damage patterns.

But to me the heavy healing fights look like: Oregorger, Blast Furnace, Kromog, Beastlord(Last 40%), Maidens and Blackhand. Now the question on if you can bring an extra healer for a DPS means you have to ask, can the rest of your DPS do enough to carry, and If there is some kind of DPS race built in that will make it too tight with 5.

Say for example you CAN 5 heal Twins Mythic(like you did) to simplify most of the heavy damage mechanics. but it requires super good DPS, and generally isnt worth it. Those questions we can really only answer after we get a few kills in. But the game is tuned for 4 Healers.
    Last edited by Herris; 2015-02-03 at 08:50 AM.

I remember reading somewhere that blizz did not want us to be able to 4 heal mythic and the intended number was suppose to be 5-6, at least at first. We had a guild meeting last night and I brought up the idea of our resto druid just wrath spamming and basically waiting in the wings to heal if need be. That way we have a guy that's pulling ~17k sustained DPS and 75k on the opener but also can tranq when needed.