Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Exactly. A lot of the comments are saying 'it's really sad that she killed herself'. I mean, to be honest, is it?
    The only reason they feel sad is because of the publicity. Publicity which ironically probably led to her offing herself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    He very well could be still guilty
    No, he couldn't.
    a failure to prosecute or convict leaves room for guilt, when the CPS is filing false allegation charges, then no, it is not reasonable to consider that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauxpaws View Post
    The only reason they feel sad is because of the publicity. Publicity which ironically probably led to her offing herself.
    Again, the same publicity she deliberately exposed him to when she falsely accused him? There is no real reason to feel sad here. Justice was done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    What is so hard about this? If the court was declaring the charge false in failing to convict, then any lack of conviction would be equivalent to a conviction of the accuser for falsely accusing. It's not. The person is legally innocent, but that's just because the court gives benefit of the doubt, not because they've declared it false.
    No, when CPS is filing charges for false allegation then its them declaring it false.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No, he couldn't.
    a failure to prosecute or convict leaves room for guilt, when the CPS is filing false allegation charges, then no, it is not reasonable to consider that.
    I think by some of the arguments in this thread considering PTSD and the psychological damage a rape can cause, it is reasonable to consider it.

Deleted
    I'm not ignoring it. He was found not guilty, and therefore he should not be punished. He still might have done it. What is so hard about this?
    Ok, since you have stated this like 15 times,
    Son of shipping tycoon was arrested and released due to lack of evidence
    He was never charged.
    It's different because it is a truth claim. Guilty = we know he did this. Not Guilty = we don't know whether he did it or not therefore we will not punish him.
    Excepting of course the fact that a jury can render a hung verdict.
    The only reason your distinction makes sense (and its not for the reasons you state) is because the relative position of it, if the standard was 50% like in civil trials this would be moot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think by some of the arguments in this thread considering PTSD and the psychological damage a rape can cause, it is reasonable to consider it.
    the CPS prosecutes about 4-5 cases a year.
    a 3% Which is the minimum number the UK government themselves think is the range for false, there should be 450 cases a year.
    when you manage to make it to a listing of this magnitude especially considering the frailty of the woman, Then no, there is no room for guilt.

Deleted
    when you manage to make it to a listing of this magnitude especially considering the frailty of the woman
    NO.

I'm sorry but if she's capable of bringing charges against someone, she should suffer the full ramifications, good and bad, of doing so.