Shadow DPS what am i doing wrong?

Here are my logs for mythic butcher, why is my dps always so low www/warcraftlogs/com/reports/qZkQL2RMAWGmczF4/#fight=21&type=damage-done&source=105[/url]

thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

replace the / with a .

Your MB casts are about 15 too little.

Your Dot weave is a little bit off. MB>MSx2>SW: P>MB>VT>DP>Ins>MB>Ins>DP>MB>Ins>Ins. (You go SW: P then VT so they fall off around the same time you don't want to mindspike with dots up unless clearing for execute or at +42% haste.

Be sure to MB on CD is is your top priority (Unless already at 5 orbs or you can SW: D at sub 20%).

When using your Shards of nothing pop it after DP not before. Haste will make your insanity window from DP shorter. Popping it after the DP gives you faster Insanity channel time without effecting your window, should be a net gain on insanity ticks.

Clear your dots with a MS before you SW: D it is worth the GCD for the bonus damage.

Reflective Shield is great. Even more so on butcher when taking the cleave. You used it only once and it reflected 47.5k which is harder than your average SW: D granted you had a few of those with dots up which will skew your average to the low end)

Deleted
    Yeah - you're delaying MB far too much. At 1:27 you don't MB for 15.5 seconds (it looks like you got lost maybe? As you MSx3 into non-insanity MF then into dots). Then after your next MB you MS 5 times before MBing again (9.2 seconds after your last).

Also, short of 7k damage on the pull randomly, your SF seems to be MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by Player View Post
    Your Dot weave is a little bit off. MB>MSx2>SW: P>MB>VT>DP>Ins>MB>Ins>DP>MB>Ins>Ins. (You go SW: P then VT so they fall off around the same time you don't want to mindspike with dots up unless clearing for execute or at +42% haste.

Be sure to MB on CD is is your top priority (Unless already at 5 orbs or you can SW: D at sub 20%).

When using your Shards of nothing pop it after DP not before. Haste will make your insanity window from DP shorter. Popping it after the DP gives you faster Insanity channel time without effecting your window, should be a net gain on insanity ticks.

Clear your dots with a MS before you SW: D it is worth the GCD for the bonus damage.

Reflective Shield is great. Even more so on butcher when taking the cleave. You used it only once and it reflected 47.5k which is harder than your average SW: D granted you had a few of those with dots up which will skew your average to the low end)

I must have been misunderstanding the rotation i thought it was

MB > MS (5 ORBS) VT > SW:P > DP > INS > MB > DP > INS

Then sub 20

MB > SWD > SWD > DP > INS

There is a lot of variation between Dotweave rotations. The one I linked will get you the most Insanity uptime without having to hold onto a MB CD and not having to cast any fillers to extend your weave for dot durations. (Starts at 4 orbs)

The dotweave roation I linked will only work under 20% haste however. Over that and things won't line up as well.

At sub 20% Your priority should be Clear dots > DP (5 Orbs ) > SW: D> SW: D> MB > DP (>5 Orbs) > Ins

Christ 25k dps. You need to learn and master the dotweave or your damage is going to suffer greatly.

4Orbs -> MSx2 -> SW:P -> MB -> VT -> DP

Any hesitation will hurt, practice it in pugs until its second nature.

Deleted
    Well it shifts to a priority rotation < 20%.

SWD > MB > DP > Insanity considering you never cap at 5 orbs. DP takes highest priority at 5 orbs while using insanity as filler.

If I was you, I'd do the standard CoP until you get used to using MB on cooldown. You simply can never afford to delay MB for longer than a second, its really bad. MB is our highest damage dealer and the largest contributor to orbs. It essentially does about 60%+ of our damage, 25% on the damage alone, about 20-25% on DP and 10-15% on Insanity. Without MB, none of these things are possible and the spec falls apart.

Deleted
    I think this is the most telling part.

Mind Blast should always be used on CD before 20%.

When it comes to the DoTweaving part, without me copying the dotweave rotations for you, the most important part of it is that you do MB > ANYTHING > DP. You need a GCD between Mind Blast and Devouring Plague as it allows you to make the most of your Insanity buff. If you cast Devouring Plague straight after a Mind Blast, you'll cast Insanity until your next Mind Blast is available and the buff will wear off as you MB. If you delay the Devouring Plague for a global (by casting something in between obviously, not standing waiting) it allows you to get another Insanity cast off after that next Mind Blast.

Another thing, and I'm new to reading logs so maybe I've just missed it, but Shadowfiend. What happened there? Did you ninja pull with it, so it only got one hit off before being insta-killed by the boss and then didn't cast it later on in the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by riingo View Post
    I must have been misunderstanding the rotation i thought it was

MB > MS (5 ORBS) VT > SW:P > DP > INS > MB > DP > INS
    it's MB(5 orbs up) -> SW:P -> VT -> DP -> MB (3 orbs up) -> Insanity (spam it so you get a second channel after 1 gcd for a total of 6 ticks of damage) -> MB(4 orbs) -> Filler (PW:S/Halo/SW glyphed/Mind flay for 1 gcd)->DP->Insanity (1gcd)->MB(2 orbs)->Insanity(full channel)->MS->(MB 3orbs)->resume normal rotation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    it's MB(5 orbs up) -> SW:P -> VT -> DP -> MB (3 orbs up) -> Insanity (spam it so you get a second channel after 1 gcd for a total of 6 ticks of damage) -> MB(4 orbs) -> Filler (PW:S/Halo/SW glyphed/Mind flay for 1 gcd)->DP->Insanity (1gcd)->MB(2 orbs)->Insanity(full channel)->MS->(MB 3orbs)->resume normal rotation
    Let me add a third one because i was under the impression that the following is the definite dotweave rotation:
    MB(4orb), MS, MS, SWP, MB(5orb), VT, DP, Insanity(2ticks/1gcd), MB(3orbs), Insanity(4ticks), DP, MB(1orb), Insanity(2ticks), iNsanity(4ticks), MB(2orbs), MS, MS...

15+ Year Old Account
    Also not abusing reflective shield enough on that butcher log, Most of the time I had anywhere from 200k to 500k dmg from it.

If your in a soak group use it on cd, if your the ranged stack pre-shield like 10-13 seconds b4 he knocks you back so weaken soul has faded and you can put it back up again as you move back into the clump so when he jumps and bleeds the ranged you you reflect that too.
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post

Yeah as the other one also said you go 4 orbs 2xMS SWP MB VT and than you go the DP/insanity/mb rotaion if you want to be optimal, 5orbs and starting from that with SWP VT is not the best way so you should read up and do the right thing before commenting.
    As you think your rotation is the best when you missed out on the current nr.1 rotation atm.

At least 2 people learned the right way to do it in this thread