Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    1st thing is make all crimes even jay walking punishable by summery execution

2nd thing execute all current prisoners
    make them stand in nice orderly lines 5 deep then use a single bullet ( save money this way ) to kill or wound them then get the next 5 prisoner to toss them In a hole then its their turn

3rd thing get rid of all but a few prison facilities and save money

give all people the lawful right to use lethal force to defend life , liberty and honour at any and all cost

deploy military to the streets to beat down and execute anyone that does not tow the line and agree with my wisdom

then in a twist tell the public that all laws have be revoked and there is no longer any form of governance no police or security for domestic use only a military for defence of nation from outside forces

then grab a brew and sit back and watch the world burn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renet View Post
    1st thing is make all crimes even jay walking punishable by summery execution

2nd thing execute all current prisoners
    make them stand in nice orderly lines 5 deep then use a single bullet ( save money this way ) to kill or wound them then get the next 5 prisoner to toss them In a hole then its their turn

3rd thing get rid of all but a few prison facilities and save money

give all people the lawful right to use lethal force to defend life , liberty and honour at any and all cost

deploy military to the streets to beat down and execute anyone that does not tow the line and agree with my wisdom

then in a twist tell the public that all laws have be revoked and there is no longer any form of governance no police or security for domestic use only a military for defence of nation from outside forces

then grab a brew and sit back and watch the world burn
    Die on the first day in office while drinking a beer.

Deleted
    I'd be king and I wouldn't give a shit about anyone else.

Hey it worked for Rome.. for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd be king and I wouldn't give a shit about anyone else.

Hey it worked for Rome.. for a while.
    Modern communication is a bitch to tolitarian regimes.

Modern communication is necessary to have a modern competive economy.

Invest everything into the military and development of advanced weapons; I'm going to take over the world!

Or destroy it. I'm not really picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Die on the first day in office while drinking a beer.

I think I would get about a week before it was my turn

I'd set it up like "seasons" in a video game.

I'd set down a constitution for everyone to follow. People can make changes as they see fit. But every 100 years, the constitution and all rules get reset back to the way I set them down in the beginning. That's to prevent idiots from screwing it all up too badly.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was the leader? A hedonistic cult-theocracy dedicated to my glorious image.

If I wasn't? This is okay, I guess. Maybe with drugs legalized and prison reformation.

My perfect country? I seriously don't know.

I guess we're all doing the best we can. It's easy to criticize the driver of the car you're in. When you're behind the wheel and your decisions have consequences, even life or death consequences it's not so easy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Canada, but I would ban snow and coldness.
    This, but I wouldn't ban snow and coldness because I'd become a burrito of blankets in winter.

Worth.

Deleted
    An all year round warm isle, and internet connection, fishing rods, a fresh water waterfall, some fertile soil, a fruit bearing forest with a few wild animals for meat. a home made out of tree logs, and A small volcano that poses no immediate threat to the isle. That would be my idea of a perfect country.

There would be few rules that would be followed absolutely.
    1 - Everyone is welcome.
    2 - Everyone is respected.
    3 - Failure to obey Rule 1 and Rule 2 gets you gets you thrown into the lava pit to appease the fiery demonic god that lives under the isle, or you could choose to leave the isle on the next boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    An all year round warm isle, and internet connection, fishing rods, a fresh water waterfall, some fertile soil, a fruit bearing forest with a few wild animals for meat. a home made out of tree logs, and A small volcano that poses no immediate threat to the isle. That would be my idea of a perfect country.

There would be few rules that would be followed absolutely.
    1 - Everyone is welcome.
    2 - Everyone is respected.
    3 - Failure to obey Rule 1 and Rule 2 gets you gets you thrown into the lava pit to appease the fiery demonic god that lives under the isle, or you could choose to leave the isle on the next boat.
    concise, i like it!

Deleted
    A military dictatorship focused on world domination.

It works in Civ it will work IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have an interesting definition of perfection OP, id personally deem some of that to be batshit insane.

OT: Like Sweden but without the heavy political correctness infestation would be my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    more tyranny of the majority? *shudder*
    The average voter is an idiot but nothing can be done about that sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    My perfect country would have all religions banned, all social and economic rights to be balanced with people from all different creeds and sexuality, and all wealth distributed evenly throughout.

I'd also ban all spiders from my land.

Deleted
    A technocracy with minimal government influence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so interesting to see how fast "perfect countries" spiral into Dystopias.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    My perfect country would have all religions banned,
    See? Right there. "Believe what we tell you to believe or else."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The United States with these changes: Free education for citizens (your choice), free medical for citizens (your choice), basic free housing & utility [electricity, water, internet] for all citizens (your choice), hard limits on lobbying and campaign finance, multiple political party representation in government, required voting for all citizens, national broadcasting service (the BBC basically), strict limitation to national broadcasting service for political campaigning via media, basic living wage for all citizens.

I guess Sweden and Norway are pretty swell.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-02 at 11:46 AM.

Lots of metal and skulls with the occasional lighting strikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The United States with these changes: Free education for citizens (your choice), free medical for citizens (your choice), basic free housing & utility [electricity, water, internet] for all citizens (your choice), hard limits on lobbying and campaign finance, multiple political party representation in government, required voting for all citizens, national broadcasting service (the BBC basically), strict limitation to national broadcasting service for political campaigning via media, basic living wage for all citizens.

I guess Sweden and Norway are pretty swell.
    Why would anyone work in your country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why would anyone work in your country?
    Because people want more than living on welfare sitting in a 200 square feet one room apartment in life? Having basic social security nets that actually work doesn't make people into lazy parasites.