Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fantastic! And come on, Yak! Ya gotta include some more playable races. Fourth spec is cool, but we want new races!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    I sadly would have to never be able to level my toons if this became real, I have a crippling phobia of deep sea and this would just destroy me trying to level here. x:

Interesting concept and characters though.
    Most of the stuff is above water, though there's lots of deep sea things going on I suppose. Just brought to the surface.

And yes, MURLOCS! WE NEED LOTS OF MURLOCS!

Do we get guild warships?
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    Some returning enemies we could see for this expansion could be;

Gilbin or known as Gobgoblin and there could be a whole lot of them in Zin-Azsharai. Female version of their race to be added.

Ozumat and those little guys just like him. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Merciless_one

Kraken Returning and being Azshara's Pets.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Faceless_one

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Sea_serpent

Deep Sea Murlocs and many more should return in this land.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    ~snipped~
    Its everything I expect from an azshara expansion... though, I have a question, even though you sorta answered it on the next last page; No new race?

Id have at least added Naga to the list of playable, since they have been a fan favorite since Vanilla, even teased occasionally, and even the devs would want them to be playable (cant remember the quote). First non-bipedal species to be playable in an mmo with mounts.. would be awesome... While the merrow, like you said you would add to the list if you had to add one, would sorta fit the bill of "naga," it really doesnt, since what people want... is the naga themselves. And to stop the fighting for which side, make em the second neutral race.

While you said zandalar would be added in a later patch, all we have to say, is faraholon from WoD... Not gonna happen =D. lol. But in truth, if you set up the zandalari in a zone, then it would be good, as then the story would then proceed to zandalar.

With 4th specs, though; Shaman should be tank based on earth. Blood mage should be a healer (as you hardly placed healer specs into 4th specs), if not time mage. And if you have any thought for adding demon hunters to game, then lock should be a healer as well, otherwise most of the specs are pretty good.

I like it though. Wish for playable naga.

Great concept! I love the Merrow concept, really cool twist on an evil merman race.

We totally need a cameo by Blackheart and his skeleton crew from Heroes of the Storm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Great concept! I love the Merrow concept, really cool twist on an evil merman race.

We totally need a cameo by Blackheart and his skeleton crew from Heroes of the Storm

Blackheart could be a good addition to the Azeroth World.
    We had ghost pirates before, but not a actual skeleton Pirate Captain.
    For the Horde!

Wow, that map is totally killer and on point with everything I would want to see from a South Seas / Maelstrom expansion. Good work!
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the look of it, but your Mage fourth spec is wrong. It really should be a healing Time Mage. Blizzard will not give Mages a tanking role based on blood magic.

Edit: And it relies on a pet to tank...yeah this is a mis step dude. No bones about it. Tanking caster using dark magic and pets.

That's a Warlock.

That is so far into Warlock territory Blizzard may as well merge the classes.

Rest of it looks good though.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If fish-dwarves were playable as the 9000th possible dwarf subrace (vanilla earthen, frostborn, WOTLK earthen, WOTLK lightning dwarves, dark iron, and wild hammer) i'd be throwing money at my computer screen until it breaks, and have some legion corrupted murloc spell casters serving the naga, for random... reasons.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    You sure you're not a blizzard employee. :X
    Not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So we have Kezan and Undermine, but no Tinker class? For shame!

Seriously though, fantastic work. You should draw up some of the 4th specializations. If you like I would be more than willing to draw a couple. Maybe even some icons?

Let me know.
    I was torn! New specs? New races? A new class? It would have been tinker for sure if I had included a new class.

Re. 'drawing up' 4th specs - you mean draw characters using them? Or draw up ability lists and so forth? Characters I can manage, but I've made some efforts to do class/spec ability trees in the past and it's best they never see the light of day. If you'd like to make some, by all means! Your work in spec/class stuff is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just read that tel'abim would be pvp zone themed around bananas. This instantly makes this concept 1337/10. Would banana again.
    'Hey mistah Tel'Abim, Tel'Abim ba-na-na~'

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Love it overall, and thank you for a fun/exciting contribution to the forums here. Heres some of my thoughts both good and bad:

- I dont like the name. I think the perfect name for an Azshara expansion would be "Fury of the Maelstrom" or "Eye of Azshara". Reign of... imo is a bit lame.
    It would have been Eye of Azshara, but there was that copyright a while ago, and everyone's already speculated on that being the next expansion, and I don't want to run into any confusion down the line if that actually happens.

No one likes my names.

- I think at least one zone should be wholly underwater or mostly submerged. I know this will be controversial, but this zones would be optional zones . (I understand you said 'some parts' of zones are underwater, which is good, but id like to see one full or most of a zone fully underwater still)
    I considered strongly doing this. Ultimately I chose not to, but Sailgrave and/or Darkcoil are both meant to have very large underwater regions. I'd probably flood Sailgrave entirely if I had to choose one - towers of shipwrecks underwater filled with monsters...

- Id really like to see a Titan city. Something like an "UNDERWATER ULDUAR" would be awesome.
    First draft had something like that for the Undine. Ultimately, I had too much other stuff I wanted to include and I cut it. We've seen plenty of Titan cities anyway.

- Nazjatar should be expanded into city so big it can be its own mini-zone. I think the Nazjatar concept is too awesome to simply be 'another city in a zone'. (threes amazing outwork out there on other websites)
    It is, that's why it's listed seprately in the 'zones' section. Not quite Crystalsong Forest big, but at least as big as any major capitol.

- How about a 'dark below' style zone or area, maybe a zone that offers a glimpse/rift/peak into 'the forgotten underworld' of Azeroth, even below the depths of Azshhara, perhaps leading to a super ancient/forgotten Nerubian style empire? Or a zone thats 'sinking back into an unknown abyss below due to dark unexplained powers not even Azshara can fully understand. This zone wouldnt be the main theme of the expansion, but just sow the seeds for a future one to let players know that 'theres something else down there, even below and out of Azsharas reach..." . Who knows, maybe it even leads to the Spider Kingdom.
    I do love underground zones, but I think I've gotten that out of my system after the last expansion concept! There's something dark and spooky deep down beneath the waves though, and Azshara's looking for it. (Also, in my own little private head canon, Reign of Azshara takes place after the events of the Spider Kingdom).

What im looking for in an underwater themed expansion (even though its a raised continent) is opportunity for diverse art. I think you did a good job to let that come about:

- Beautiful coral art opportunity for the delassar reef
    - Sailgrave could have a beautiful muddy drudgy aesthetic (underwater dragonblight)
    - Viruganis Seamount (how did u get that name?) a great opportunity for some sexy fire volcano action
    - Stygian expanse, from your descrption, id like to see a zone that looks like its never seen light before. Maybe it'll be a really DARK zone (how about like a darker version of Deadwind Pass zone) with cool lighting effects, magically imbued that even now, light can barely penetrate it? And Hopefully some really whacky model mobs that resemble deepsea creatures (aka look bizarre)
    We are definitely on the same wavelength - I'm not an environment artist, but I'm going to make a great effort to depict these zones and you've pretty much described the look I'm going for.

The Stygian Expanse is like when you go to the sea side after it's been raining, and the sky is still dark grey with more rain coming, and the wind is howling, and the sand is so wet that it's almost black, only in the Expanse the sand stretches from horizon to horizon, like a bleak grey-black soaked desert. Shipwrecks dot the landscape and ghost lights flicker in the distance.

The name Viruganis Seamount came from the real-life Virunga volcanoes of East Africa. And a 'seamount' is an underwater mountain/volcano chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post
    Can't wait to see also more concept arts of bosses and monsters, I love your ones. I'm hoping for the Empress herself.
    She's comin'. Once I get the bestiary and environment art out of the way, it'll be time for bosses and special characters! Azshara is almost done herself, and I'm looking forwards to doing Pluton, King of the Drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by SideTracked View Post
    I have a few suggestions I think Neptulon could have his own raid with some dark Murlocs! (WoW needs more Murlocs).
    Neptulon appears in the Palace of Azshara raid as a boss, but he'll be showing up later as well as a major element of the legendary questline.

Also Pirates! I think the Bloodsail Buccaneers should feature heavily in this expansion having their own introductory raid; "Bloodsail Fortress" located on some exotic seperate island with palm trees, treasure chests etc you get the idea.
    I know everybody loves pirates, but compared to the naga and the other major threats of Zin-Azshari, they just don't measure up as a serious, raid-worthy enemy. Pirates are a huge part of Warship gameplay though, and players can embark on numerous adventures as you describe, searching islands for buried treasure and fighting on the high seas and so forth.

Lastly for the Legendary quest / items some kind of quest chain which enables you to wield the Javelins of Suramar once you loot them from Azshara being the end boss of this epic expansion.
    Not a bad idea, certainly as a boss mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Some returning enemies we could see for this expansion could be;

Gilbin or known as Gobgoblin and there could be a whole lot of them in Zin-Azsharai. Female version of their race to be added.
    Ozumat and those little guys just like him. http://wow.gamepedia.com/Merciless_one
    Kraken Returning and being Azshara's Pets.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Faceless_one
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Sea_serpent
    Deep Sea Murlocs and many more should return in this land.
    Yep, all of them. Heck, Ozumat is the first world boss you can fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Its everything I expect from an azshara expansion... though, I have a question, even though you sorta answered it on the next last page; No new race?
    No reason there couldn't be, I just didn't make one. I thought about it later into development and didn't want to try and include them and make the story work around them. It would have been naga/merrow or something, since the merrow are kind've caught between elf and naga states. I'd give them a full-naga serpent form for swimming underwater.

While you said zandalar would be added in a later patch, all we have to say, is faraholon from WoD... Not gonna happen =D.
    Nya ha hah, I'm not restrained by time or budget concerns! Dumb reality won't get in the way of patching in as much crap as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

I do have an undead pirate crew that helps out in the Stygian Expanse - making them be Blackheart and his skeleton pirates is actually not a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing is happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocWarlock View Post
    If fish-dwarves were playable as the 9000th possible dwarf subrace (vanilla earthen, frostborn, WOTLK earthen, WOTLK lightning dwarves, dark iron, and wild hammer) i'd be throwing money at my computer screen until it breaks
    Hmm, I should've put in a Paypal button or something...

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it'd be an interesting idea to have bananas be the artifact fragments of tel'ambim, and be able to use them to hire hozen assassins for your faction, I feel like maybe some mop elements would be interesting to see, Shen-zin-su, or however you say it (the pandaren starting zone) would be interesting to see as a pandaren city, or possibly a raid defending Shen-zin-su from a random old god force each week, naga, mantid, or faceless ones, I don't want pandaria to be completely gone, but it should not be the core focus of an expansion.
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't read it but since that map looks legit I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say I love it lol. Ill have to go back and read over it when I have more time but everything i skimmed over looks amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a neat concept, but please no warships! Let's not give them the idea that garrisons were a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry
    It's a neat concept, but please no warships! Let's not give them the idea that garrisons were a good idea.
    Ehh? Garrisons are/were a good idea, they just fell short in some places. If they can continue to improve on them (which they will be in the next patch) and take all the lessons learned to roll them into Warships, imagine how amazing those could be!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    imagine how amazing those could be!
    Not very.

Garrisons as a whole have detracted from the expansion, and cheapened the overall experience. They really have no place in an MMO.

Golden Yak has a good idea, I'd just rather not see it tarnished by Garrisons 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not very.

Garrisons as a whole have detracted from the expansion, and cheapened the overall experience. They really have no place in an MMO.

Golden Yak has a good idea, I'd just rather not see it tarnished by Garrisons 2.0
    A lot of people enjoy them, and Yak may be among them.

EDIT: We should have a cameo by Shen-zin Su!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not very.

Warships would be best as a guild hang-out place, with sails colored with the guild's colors, and have no work orders nor missions, allow guilds to do world bosses in them for a loot chance/ something similar to garrison invasions would be best for them.
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been able to play WoD yet (hoping to pick it up this week after I get paaaid~). So I don't actually know what Garrisons are like.

Just imagine an idealized version of Garrisons that have no problems and enhance the MMORPG experience and are flawless and perfect - that's Warships. (Man, designing is easy!)

I thought about making guild ships, but I just don't think a guild fort/thing would work out that well - the Guildmaster would basically be the one running it, and at best he'd be reviewing guild-member suggestions or delegating to someone. I just don't think it would allow for a lot of customization if everyone's aesthetics are clashing at cross-purposes. Something that displays guild trophies would be cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yup, it's another one of these
    Finally! Really great vision you've got laid out there, Yak. There's a few things that should possibly be tweaked though.

Expansion Name - It's not bad at all really, this is highly nitpick-ey. How about: Terror of the Tides, Tides of War, Dark Seas Rising, Maelstrom Rising, Dark Tides Rising, Depths of the Dark? Just spit-ballin', here. There seems to be a massive world being brought up, and not just Azshara.

Art of War - As cool as the concepts are (and some I'd love to play), this would just be a nightmare for balancing issues. There's no way this happens, imho. I'd put your energy towards new Sub-Races or new play-able Races. The balancing act is tough enough, as is. This would be utter overkill.

Tel Abim - Visually, it appears to be closer to the Plunder Isles than Kul Tiras on your concept map. I'd shift Tel Abim closer to the half way point between the 2 Faction areas, because fairness.

Tomb of Sargeras- I'd suggest playing through the Broken Isles portion of The Frozen Throne campaign again. The Tomb of Sargeras can be worthy of a raid, and not just a dungeon. Take a look at the map from that video link (You've got wreckages, smaller island sects, seemingly 2 Zin-Azshari outskirt encampments/ruins, and then the Tomb itself (Which could be massive in size) ). It could be a massive dungeon structure similar to the Icecrown Citadel dungeon wings, the Serpent Shrine Caverns dungeon wings, and the Azjol Nerub dungeon wings, conversely.

As an aside,

I absolutely love the Calamarai concept. Their leader could be the Lore-walker Cho/Archaeology/Legendary Quest-line Giver of this expansion with their eldest knowing more about the ocean's hidden treasures than any other.

One other thing to think about - The Ominous Island -"An ominous island served as a rest stop during Krasus and Rhonin's trip to Kalimdor. The island was almost entirely bare of vegetation and held a series of small ruined structures that appeared to have been either a fort or a walled estate. During their rest amongst the ruins some type of ghouls attacked the duo. After a small fight, the mages emerged victorious and then quickly escaped from the island.[1]

Rhonin asked Krasus what they could have been, but he only knew that it was older and eviler than anything the Scourge ever created. Krasus stated that after their mission was over, he would return to end the abominations.[2]

Following their flight path to Kalimdor, and Korialstrasz's statement that they would need rest before passing near the Maelstrom, this island would be somewhere to the north and east of the Maelstrom."

Deleted
    Is Suramar going to be making an appearance? It's an old Night Elven City, I think on the Broken Isles. Could just be a questing zone, but I always thought it could make a nice dungeon. Or even an entire zone. I love the idea of a zone which is entirely a Highborne city. Would really hammer home just how big their empire was.