My ele Shaman alt is in need of help.

Looking around at some sims, I'm feeling I should be doing a lot more damage, and I'm feeling I am missing something pretty major in my rotation, I've looked over some of my logs and found nothing glaringly obvious, would appreciate some feedback from any experienced shamans, posted logs to a full heroic clear below.

www . warcraftlogs. com/reports/pqgWj3cZ6davKm91#type=summary&boss=-2

(space in link as I'm not allowed to post hotlinks yet)

I've only looked at your Kargath, but comparing to the first 3:12 of our most recent kill (666 ilvl), here's what stands out to me:

We're both not running EM, seem to have similar Crit/Multistrike, and are both running the Haste-on-use trinket, so I'm assuming our Haste & number of spells cast should be similar. I'm seeing you with 87 combined Bursts and Bolts, compared to 105 for me. I'm seeing you with 7 Earth Shocks vs 11 for me. I'm seeing you with 35 Searing Totem hits vs 74 for me. I'm not sure if you're just being tentative due to unfamiliarity with the class, but it seems like you should be casting more spells.

Delaying your second trinket use until Ascendance was good, given the fight length (under 4 minutes). You ended up clipping a bit at the end since the fight only went 3:12, but that's hard to judge sometimes. Flame Shock uptime is good. You didn't get a second potion use.

Deleted
    Read a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurifel View Post
    I've only looked at your Kargath, but comparing to the first 3:12 of our most recent kill (666 ilvl), here's what stands out to me:

We're both not running EM, seem to have similar Crit/Multistrike, and are both running the Haste-on-use trinket, so I'm assuming our Haste & number of spells cast should be similar. I'm seeing you with 87 combined Bursts and Bolts, compared to 105 for me. I'm seeing you with 7 Earth Shocks vs 11 for me. I'm seeing you with 35 Searing Totem hits vs 74 for me. I'm not sure if you're just being tentative due to unfamiliarity with the class, but it seems like you should be casting more spells.

Delaying your second trinket use until Ascendance was good, given the fight length (under 4 minutes). You ended up clipping a bit at the end since the fight only went 3:12, but that's hard to judge sometimes. Flame Shock uptime is good. You didn't get a second potion use.
    Thanks for checking that out, couple of rotation things I need to work on I didn't notice, the CPM issue is something I did not realise, pretty major issue. I also raid with these guys on a 280ms ping (Aus to USA), which probably isn't helping, should probably put some time in on the aussie servers until the rotation feels fluid.