New Second Wind [PVE/PVP]

Hi guys,
    i just started writing a little gaming blog. Since i spend a lot time playing WoW, i decided to go with that first. So i made a small overview about the coming changes for DPS warriors with 6.1. and i came to an topic i have no clue about: The new second wind.
    I see the big buff of this of course, but since it is so contidional i am not sure if this is going to be taken at all. Could you give me feedback, in which situation you would like to take Second wind over any of the other 2 talents?
    Last edited by Accendor; 2015-02-03 at 03:56 PM.

I'd take it for soloing old content, it's fairly useless outside of that. Perhaps it would have some sort of use in 1v1 PVP, depending on how strong it is.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It's going to be a viable choice in pvp after the patch imo, but yeah, still way too conditional for pve. I wish they'd up the threshold a bit to like 40-45% hp because of how many conditions the ability has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    It's going to be a viable choice in pvp after the patch imo
    No it won't. An ability that requires you to stick on a target when you're so close to dying is just absolute crap even if it was %50 leech. You're going to be slowed or rooted or stunned. Enraged regen, as crap of a heal as it is, is still waaaaaaaay better than the current form of second wind can ever be, no matter how much it's buffed.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Patch 6.1. is drawing closer and will be released this week on tuesday (US) and wednesday (EU)
    Quote from the blog. I cant seem to find any information on that. Where did you get that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    Quote from the blog. I cant seem to find any information on that. Where did you get that?
    Guessing he simply took the release of BRF to also mean the release of 6.1. Of course, the two are entirely seperate, but he might have the impression that they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost exclusively tank PvE and I think the new Second Wind is just as useless to me as the old one. I don't see how useful it would be to progression raiding at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Could you give me feedback, in which situation you would like to take Second wind over any of the other 2 talents?
    As Bigbazz said, it's fairly useless outside of old content soloing. Enraged Regen is fine baseline, Impending Victory is awesome while up against many mobs that can trigger it, but Second Wind sucks against same-level targets when solo. Against lowlevel mobs it is absolutely awesome. Do a lowlevel raid and if you ever take so much damage that SW triggers, you're more or less healed to full right away. A few exceptions here and there, but overall good. Keep in mind that it grants you Leech and that both SW AND Leech are being buffed (10%->25% SW and Leech effect 4 times stronger), so it WILL heal for MORE in 6.1, but I don't see it being more useful than it is today.

But to answer your question directly: I would only take Second Wind when going for old content.

Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    My mistake, already fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    both SW AND Leech are being buffed (10%->25% SW and Leech effect 4 times stronger)
    Leech you get from rating will be four times stronger; Second Wind does not give Leech rating, just Leech %.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Leech you get from rating will be four times stronger; Second Wind does not give Leech rating, just Leech %.
    glad you pointed that out, a lot of people missed that. They should put that in the guide to changes for 6.1
    Last edited by jpthepope; 2015-02-03 at 09:59 AM.

To be honest, i also missed that. Glad you posted that here!

Deleted
    0 X 1000% is still 0