10+ Year Old Account

Hatred Sin is way too redunant

Seriously, so many buttons for no reason other than to have more buttons. Leeching Strike, Creeping Terror, Discharge, Death Field, Crushing Darkness (Demolish), Thrash, Saber Strike and Assassinate, all abilities that have to be constantly maintained and used at all times. There's no "break" or "downtime" with this spec. Every single ability has to be rotated into the rotation while mashing random Assassinate and Demolish Procs. This has to probably be the most unfun and tedious playstyle I've dealt with in any MMO.

Why is does Leeching Strike even exist? Why couldn't they just make Thrash hit harder at level 41. It's not like Leeching Strike does anything significant outside of the fact that it does more damage.

Creeping Terror and Death Field existing as two different abilities just bothers me when Death Field spreads Creeping Terror in the first place. They could just remove Creeping Terror and fuse it in Death Field. Or they could just lower the gcd on Creeping Terror. Would smooth out the rotation so much more.

The fact that you have to constantly maintain Discharge, Creeping Terror and Demolish on a target at all times is just insanity toppled on the fact that you have to use Leeching Strike, Death Field and Assassinate off cool down.

I feel like every single time I play this spec, I fall completely behind with something. It's like "woops, forgot to reapply Creeping Terror" "Woops didn't instantly hit the Assassinate proc" "woops forgot Leeching Strike/Death Field were off cool down"

Too many redundant abilities for no reason other than the fact that they exist and you need to use them. I hate this spec.

Sounds like DOT management is not your thing. You should try out Deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Seriously, so many buttons for no reason other than to have more buttons. Leeching Strike, Creeping Terror, Discharge, Death Field, Crushing Darkness (Demolish), Thrash, Saber Strike and Assassinate, all abilities that have to be constantly maintained and used at all times. There's no "break" or "downtime" with this spec. Every single ability has to be rotated into the rotation while mashing random Assassinate and Demolish Procs. This has to probably be the most unfun and tedious playstyle I've dealt with in any MMO.

Why is does Leeching Strike even exist? Why couldn't they just make Thrash hit harder at level 41. It's not like Leeching Strike does anything significant outside of the fact that it does more damage.

Creeping Terror and Death Field existing as two different abilities just bothers me when Death Field spreads Creeping Terror in the first place. They could just remove Creeping Terror and fuse it in Death Field. Or they could just lower the gcd on Creeping Terror. Would smooth out the rotation so much more.

The fact that you have to constantly maintain Discharge, Creeping Terror and Demolish on a target at all times is just insanity toppled on the fact that you have to use Leeching Strike, Death Field and Assassinate off cool down.

I feel like every single time I play this spec, I fall completely behind with something. It's like "woops, forgot to reapply Creeping Terror" "Woops didn't instantly hit the Assassinate proc" "woops forgot Leeching Strike/Death Field were off cool down"

Too many redundant abilities for no reason other than the fact that they exist and you need to use them. I hate this spec.
    Funny, I enjoy it. It stops me from being bored. It's a DOT class so it based around DOT cooldowns and keeping them up along with it's DOT booster mechanic.

I don't find it too hard to keep the DOTS up (there are 3) and refreshing death mark is no biggie. Leeching strike is just a filler to refresh one of your main dots (when you need it) or lighting strike (I think thats the right one) for when the DOT is still on CD so you don't loose DPS.

I find it fun as it puts out great DPS to a single target and does amazing damage for AOE as well but it does take some management.

However, if you really don't like managing DOTS and their CD, there are 7 other classes to play and 2 more specs of the assassin you could do without re-leveling. Maybe you should try deception or maybe darkness. There is always a need of more tanks.

I can't seem to stand playing my vanguard but I know some love it.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-02-03 at 07:04 PM.

I hate this spec.
    Then find a different spec or class to play.....Nothing is preventing you from doing so. There is no point in playing a game if you're not enjoying yourself.

Madness, now Hatred, Assassin was my first class to 50 back near launch and I loved it because I just loved the saber staff..... until I tried Concealment Operative which was just as badass but had a different aesthetic... then I tried Marauder and fell in love with that, and then Jedi Guardian...which is now my go-to character for everything end game.

There are tons of different ways to play, so if you get hung up on something, change up your game a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Then find a different spec or class to play.....Nothing is preventing you from doing so. There is no point in playing a game if you're not enjoying yourself.

Madness, now Hatred, Assassin was my first class to 50 back near launch and I loved it because I just loved the saber staff..... until I tried Concealment Operative which was just as badass but had a different aesthetic... then I tried Marauder and fell in love with that, and then Jedi Guardian...which is now my go-to character for everything end game.

There are tons of different ways to play, so if you get hung up on something, change up your game a bit.

Maybe I should've been more clear with my original post.

There really is no going back from this class for me now. I've already spent a month playing this character and he's only level 48. The amount of hours I've put in to this character is just too much for me to re roll a new class. I really don't want to do the stupid planet grinds all over again.

I'm basically trapped with Hatred Sin because I don't want to play a Tank and I already know Deception is absolute trash. Playing Deception is like playing Carnage Marauder, its trash. Actually, Carnage has always been trash in this game.

You may be thinking "well why did you level a character you never enjoyed this high?" I basically gambled that somewhere along the line I would enjoy the Hatred play style. As soon as I hit 41 and got Leeching Strike, I automatically realized what I landed myself into. Ever since, its been a complete drag the whole way because there's nothing to look forward to. I already basically have every Hatred Sin ability and I think its safe to say that I have a basic understanding of the rotation to the point where there's nothing new for me to explore.

I just hate how every single damage dealing ability needs to be reapplied when some of them basically do the same exact thing. The rotation is so god damm strict that there's very little opportunity to use utility based abilities such as Electrocute, Force Slow or Overload without missing out on some kind of proc or DoT.

Also, the punishment from swapping charges is way too extreme. They might as well just force you to play Lightning Charge if you're Hatred because swapping to Dark Charge is an dreadful dps loss to the point where the extra defense is not worth it. With Dark Charge, you can't apply Crushing Darkness nor do you get the Discharge dot from Lightning Charge. Again, no reason to even have the option when the option itself is that punishing.

The ability Recklessness (which I never mentioned in my OP) is terrible for Sins in general. From my understanding of this ability, it basically on works on Force spells meaning that the only two Abilities worth using both charges on is Death Field and Crushing Darkness. The rest are either too weak or are saber attacks and therefore don't apply.

It's completely lame. There's no heroic or powerful moment with this specialization no matter which proficiency you pick. It's just apply dots, hit saber abilities off cool down, re apply dots and hit saber attacks off cool down. Repeat, repeat repeat repeat.

I just hate how every single damage dealing ability needs to be reapplied when some of them basically do the same exact thing. The rotation is so god damm strict that there's very little opportunity to use utility based abilities such as Electrocute, Force Slow or Overload without missing out on some kind of proc or DoT.
    You just listed 3 CC abilities. Why would you ever need to use them in a rotation? If you're in trouble, then use them when you would normally use Thrash.

Also, the punishment from swapping charges is way too extreme. They might as well just force you to play Lightning Charge if you're Hatred because swapping to Dark Charge is an dreadful dps loss to the point where the extra defense is not worth it. With Dark Charge, you can't apply Crushing Darkness nor do you get the Discharge dot from Lightning Charge. Again, no reason to even have the option when the option itself is that punishing.
    Hatred is meant to be played using Lightning Charge. It has always been this way. This is the same for other classes as well. You don't use Soresu Form as a Juggernaut/Guardian if you're specced Rage/Focus. You don't use Shii-Cho Form as an Annihilation/Watchman specced Marauder/Sentinel.

It's completely lame. There's no heroic or powerful moment with this specialization no matter which proficiency you pick. It's just apply dots, hit saber abilities off cool down, re apply dots and hit saber attacks off cool down. Repeat, repeat repeat repeat.
    You get big crits with Death Field, Leeching Strike and Assassinate. However, the point of DOT specs is to do steady damage, and not to have to "hit big" every time.

SNIP...

You may be thinking "well why did you level a character you never enjoyed this high?" I basically gambled that somewhere along the line I would enjoy the Hatred play style. SNIP.....
    You gambled and lost. It happens.

It happened to me with a concealment operative. Someone else here said they loved it. Well, I hated it. Guild members kept sayig, "oh it gets better as you get higher levels." Well, it never did.

He is nothing but a level 55 mat farmer now gathering dust. So, I understand what you're saying but you took a shot and lost.

When I took that same gamble and lost, I immediately leveled a sniper and I love it to this day.

It sucks but it's all on you, not the class. I personally love the hatred class. I love the sustained DPS it has as well as the AOE DPS it can generate.

You just need to find a class and AC that fits you.

There really is no going back from this class for me now. I've already spent a month playing this character and he's only level 48. The amount of hours I've put in to this character is just too much for me to re roll a new class. I really don't want to do the stupid planet grinds all over again.
    It's still a choice you're making. Regardless of your reasoning. If you don't like it, don't play it and find something else. It really is that simple. If you don't want to, that's your choice. Don't start playing a DoT based spec, and then complain about it being a DoT based spec because you don't like the playstyle of DoT based specs.

It's completely lame. There's no heroic or powerful moment with this specialization no matter which proficiency you pick. It's just apply dots, hit saber abilities off cool down, re apply dots and hit saber attacks off cool down. Repeat, repeat repeat repeat
    Newsflash.... this is the playstyle of practically every DoT based specialization ever with a few minor alterations between games for aesthetics or thematic differences. When reading the tooltip on what a Hatred Assassin was, you should have known it was DoT based.

Again, if you're not enjoying yourself, try something different. Playing a class/ spec you don't like because you feel forced to play will just make you dislike the game. Honestly, I didn't look forward to playing through the planet grind again either, but when you enjoy how your character plays and love watching what your character does, it doesn't feel like a grind, it breathes new life into every quest you do because you look forward to going out and laying waste using your cool abilities.

Deleted
    So you would rather "go to the forums" and have a spec lots of people enjoy and chose to play change for your sake than admit you chose wrongly and get some work done to level another toon to enjoy.

Deleted
    Is this the sith Assassin we are talking about ? I only have a jedi shadow , but I love the infiltration spec the most tho I have thought about trying out the dot spec ( serenity ) I think its called . Is the infiltration spec not that good ? or should I just continue to play the spec I like the most ? I think I should also I don't mind tanking and I have the respect in the field talent unlocked so its all win .

Play the spec you like most