Poll: Would you be in favor of trading 100 apexis crystals for 1 minute of flight?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Ever thought what you could have achieved in life if you had put that much effort in it as you are putting into random threads?

No, just keep a flying away from Draenor till it's no longer relevant.

i made this suggestion yesterday

flight in draenor should be as in a warzone, the enemy will quite literally shoot you down and for every 5 seconds you spend flying you take X% health damage, you either land, or you die.

they could also increase the damage over specific areas/zones so flight is even more restricted in those areas. you could fly but you'd have to land every 10-30 seconds to eat/heal, fly too long and you face the prospect of your corpse landing somewhere difficult to retrieve. you could still fly, but there'd be a lot less AFK'ing in the air, dive bombing quest objectives would be more difficult and it makes lore sense - i.e. the iron horde have gun batteries setup high on moutains/cliffs/whatever and shoot down anything that takes to the sky.

i'd prefer that implementation over paying apexis crystals to fly, i mean wtf!? am i supposed to be feeding the crystals to my mount or something?

i'm not saying it's a perfect idea, but tbh, i dont give a toss, i dont really miss flying that much, if i wanna fly there's plenty of places i can go that still allow it.
    <insert witty signature here>

A) I think having more ways to Apexis is a great idea, but....

B) We do not need a compromise for no-flight.

I feel like this would run into many problems, people complaining about "falling" where they are then trapped, and not having enough Apexis for other things, as well as demanded that Apexis income go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow...... now there's an idea, if I ever seen one...

That would be a "feature" with the potential for a rally crowd willing to burn down Blizzard Headquarters lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Why...? Flying is irrelevant. At worst, I use my little feather ... More then enough flight.

I think no flight is honestly the best solution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sadly no. The apexis grind isn't worth doing much less fun enough to have it tied to my flying mount.

For me I would continue to deny them my subscription.
    Sure you would.

OT: This actually may not be a bad idea. However there would still need to be some zones where no flying is allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Not really. If you run out of flight time, you simply parachute down calmly wherever you are at.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but at least this would shut the pro-flight camp up with their ridiculous desire to have flight in the game once and for all.
    The obvious problem with Draenor is they marketed it so much with "All this stuff to do in the world. Timeless isle like questing and gameplay." Only to conveniently forget to add any of that fun to gameplay at level cap which makes flying basically useless.

This doesn't mean flying is bad or even that flying should be limited. If anything, because there's nothing worth doing in the world, flying should be free game. This is especially true since competition for gathering doesn't exist, wpvp is, has been, and always will be a laughable fallacy and the only real thing no-flying has ever done for this game is made getting the apexis/stables dailies slightly more annoying to maneuver.

So sure, tack a price on it and give apexis crystals an actual use. Hell, you can even make it a legitimate RP concept. Something like spacial temporal plot displacement device that makes it so flying mounts don't explode like a Gnomish birthday party due to the convoluted plot and how inter-dimensional time radiation kills flying mounts over a certain altitude. But the best engineers (You know, those dark iron dwarf guys) made a device that runs off apexis crystals to sustain the mounts lives while they fly.

*Rolls eyes*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Sure you would.

OT: This actually may not be a bad idea. However there would still need to be some zones where no flying is allowed.
    *shrugs* Some of us quit WoD after no flying became too annoying to bear and/or we realized it had about 3 weeks of casual content on it's own. (Anyone saying the rest of the game has content can pat themselves on the back for pointing out the obvious, and perhaps realize some of us have been playing 8-10 years. *rolls eyes again*)
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

idea is nice but 100 crystals pr min isnt gona work

the idea in paticular isnt mine, because i think if flying then always. but that type of idea is great.

its so lame by blizzard that they arent able to enhance wow with such simple carrot-on-a-stick tasks instead of boring senseless fram/grind actions. nobody would claim or cry for content if blizz would make things like that.

have a look at assasins creed black flag. full of distraction. never boring. every thing in this game is perfect suitable for wow. but ~8mio people are not worse for blizz to spit such simple things in. its a shame what they do with our subs money. pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Jaylock thread.

For the sake of argument let's say this is a serious suggestion. My rebuttal: No. Flying is shit, leave it out please.

Troll-y response? How about they just charge your battle.net account for flight. Every minute of flight is $1. And people would sitll pay for that shit. I mean I don't want to have to go through the effort of actually earning or working for things in game, I'd much rather just pay real human dollars because only no-life twats have time to put actual effort into things.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

that leads to the epic old discussion if more time investment should lead to more gain (hardcore vs casual and so on). and i dont think thats the point here. the point is the idea itself.

oh, and btw, i dont like most jaylock threads too. but you dont look very cool or even better as "jaylock threads" if you start with "lol, jaylock thread". just btw
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-02-04 at 12:55 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Not necessarily apexis but yeah, could be done. Specially if they done this to the old world too.
    Hell no, there you are flying along without a care in the world next minute a puddle on the ground coz your flight time ran out..

I like the idea.

However, it will be extremely unpopular. The playerbase of ANY game always pushes to obtain Godmode. If they ever achieve Godmode, then they have fun oneshotting everything for a few hours and then quit the game claiming it sucks, never to return. I learned this way back in Diablo I. There were no realms. People quickly learned how to hack the playerfile and give themselves godly gear and stats and one shot everything. You could not join a public game and find people not using Godmode. It sucked. The game was pointless.

In D2, Blizz set up realms, and people spent their time trying to recreate Godmode either by hacks, dupes, or trades.

In D3, the devs for some strange reason thought an auction house was a great idea. People immediately tried to get Godmode as fast as they could, so they spent all their time in the Auction house instead of playing the game. So the AH was removed.

Gamers are like dogs. Put a mountain of food in front a dog and it will eat until its stomach explodes. No self control.

So, while this is a nice idea and I think it would be good if implemented, the playerbase with HATE it because its the opposite of Godmode. People will go thru all sorts of logical contortions to justify their desire for Godmode. you hear terms like "too grindy", "too hard", "I want my free"....but its all truly just "I want my Godmode".
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2015-02-04 at 01:02 PM.