Primary/Secondary Stat priority as a Survival Hunter

My friend is telling me that my weapon is my most important piece as a survival hunter. This I could probably agree on.

What he is also telling me is that flat agility (Which is added as attack power to your weapon) is more important than your secondary stats as a hunter.

I was under the impression that prioritizing mutlstrike > crit/vers > agility > mastery > haste was the way to go.

Because survival hunters are primarily magic damage I am under the impression that some secondary stats bring more value than agility.

A case that this would be applicable is keeping my 670 crit/multistrike boots over a 685 haste/versatality upgrade. The 685 boots would give me roughly 25 more agility, but I would be left with a change in secondary stats.

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this sort of predicament and how it is applicable to survival hunters.

Thank you.

Thank you, but it would seem there isn't a real explanation as to why the stats have these weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jimmy View Post
    Thank you, but it would seem there isn't a real explanation as to why the stats have these weights.
    The weights are derived from sims, and watching how your dps changes as you gain/lose these stats. The weights can change SLIGHTLY on an individual basis as your gear changes; I don't know the exact criteria/method Azor uses to derive his, but they've always been very close to the weights I get for my char with simcraft. They are certainly good enough to determine which stat is best, and give you a general idea of how much better they are.

Agil is Hunter primarily stat regardless of spec..SV in PvE Multi followed by Mastery then crit and haste being dead last. PvP versatility and mastery follow agility.

If its is a single item you wish to test then get naked and do a DPS a test target for some minutes...may not be 10,000 iterations but it should give you a good indication.

Edit: I meant get naked and equip that one items, DPS for 10min then do it again with the other item in that same slot..

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Agil is Hunter primarily stat regardless of spec..SV in PvE Multi followed by Mastery then crit and haste being dead last. PvP versatility and mastery follow agility.

If its is a single item you wish to test then get naked and do a DPS a test target for some minutes...may not be 10,000 iterations but it should give you a good indication.

Edit: I meant get naked and equip that one items, DPS for 10min then do it again with the other item in that same slot..
    You should really look at some guides before throwing out misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by critsohard View Post
    You should really look at some guides before throwing out misinformation.
    Your post is half useful, you indicated that in your opinion what I stated was not accurate but never actually answered OP...

Your post is half useful, you indicated that in your opinion what I stated was not accurate but never actually answered OP...
    OP's question has been answered correctly already. Your post is wrong. Where are you getting your numbers from? Why should we believe them over the sims?

It's in the second post of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

You are entirely wrong on the Secondary stats. Mastery is at least 4th and sometimes behind haste as well. Multistrike should be put above all else, with Versa/Crit being nearly equal in SIMS. Please do not spout false information to players legitimately asking for advice.

OT: Agility is always valued higher then any secondary stat. However in your example you should test it out in sims as well as some actual DPS'ing in game OP.
    Last edited by kajeet18; 2015-02-04 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, mastery for pve, more like pvp for surv with mastery... Multistrike and what ever after that... I don't trust sims.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Quote Originally Posted by Ghraxxus View Post
    Lol, mastery for pve, more like pvp for surv with mastery... Multistrike and what ever after that... I don't trust sims.
    What do you mean you don't trust sims? You don't trust they do the math correctly? They don't do the correct rotation? This sounds vaguely like the crinkling of a tinfoil hat.
    Last edited by Kwaai; 2015-02-04 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    What do you mean you don't trust sims? You don't trust they do the match correctly? They don't do the correct rotation? This sounds vaguely like the crinkling of a tinfoil hat.
    It's the typical things people spout about sims being inaccurate when, if determining stat priorities, gear upgrades, trinks, etc, they're not at all. Not sure what people have against sims specifically but it probably has something to do with not liking the fact that a machine can do a rotation better than they can.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol ppl need to learn the difference between a joke and being serious... jesus...

anyway I far as I remember, it was multistrike then vers(according to Azors Iceyveins guide)
    The sims lies, don't trust them....